What are your must haves

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
Could you tell me your must have Quick Service Restaurant in each park and your favorite snacks or snack locations for each park?

I'm starting to really work on our budget for our 2022 trip and this will really help me to start narrowing down. Our last trip we were super budget conscious with our food and packed lunches for each day. The trip before we were on my daughter's wish trip, so we really tried to do Character Meals as much as possible.

I feel like snacks are the one thing we've really missed out on during previous trips.

Thank you in advance! Can't wait to see all the suggestions.

Last edited:
MK- I honestly am not crazy about any QS at MK
MK Snack- I love the nutella fruit waffles at Sleepy Hollow although I have heard you can only get them til 11 am now
AK- QS- Satuli Canteen- the food is delicious, lots of healthier options which I appreciate
AK Snack- Harambe Fruit Market- I usually get some fruit and cheese here (Boring, I know!)
HS- QS- Backlot Express is where we usually end up, but just not a fan of HS QS offerings. Curious to see what others say are their faves
Epcot- QS- Sunshine Seasons, there's just so much to choose from there and if you are with a group someone will surely be able to find something
QS- Tangierine Cafe- have eaten here several times and have enjoyed the variety, and again, the healthy options
Epcot Snacks- Hmmm. What don't I snack on here? LOL The caramel popcorn in Germany is a must, chocolate croissant from Boulangerie in France, any Ice cream from L'Artisan Des Glaces in France, nachos at La Cantina in Mexico, also worth mentioning are the margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila.

One of the items I have on my list to try is the Kakigori from Kabuki Cafe in Japan. Those look so refreshing on a hot day!

Hope all these help!

QS
MK Columbia Harbour House (lobster roll)
AK Yak & Yeti (Kobe burger)
EP Regal Eagle (anything)
HS Backlot express (Cuban sandwich)

Snacks
MK Cheshire Cafe (cat tail)
AK Pongu Pongu (Pongu Lumpia)
EP Kringla Bakery Norway (school bread)

MK - Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow
MK Snacks - Cream Cheese Warm Stuffed Pretzel from The Lunching Pad, Warm Cinnamon Roll from Gaston's Tavern

AK - Satuli Canteen
AK Snacks - Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from Dino-Bite Snacks, Pongu Lumpia from Pongu Pngu

HS - Docking Bay 7
HS Snacks - Based on what's currently open, a mickey pretzel with cheese sauce from any generic cart or stand lol

Epcot - Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Epcot Snacks - Assuming no festival....Poutine from Refreshment Port, Jumbo Pretzel from Sommerfest

QS
MK Columbia Harbour House (lobster roll)
AK Yak & Yeti (Kobe burger)
EP Regal Eagle (anything)
HS Backlot express (Cuban sandwich)

Snacks
MK Cheshire Cafe (cat tail)
AK Pongu Pongu (Pongu Lumpia)
EP Kringla Bakery Norway (school bread)
In case anyone is going soon and is tempted by items on this list, be aware that Cheshire Cafe is currently closed. Columbia Harbor House is not serving (that space is now the extended queue for Peter Pan), but selected items from their menu are available at Tomorrowland Terrace.

The food at MK does not overwhelm me, but I don't mind the bacon mac and cheese tots from Friar's Nook (QS)
Satu'li at AK is amazing.
Epcot - we always go during a festival so we really only eat festival food there
HS - not for everyone, but beer and charcuterie at Baseline Tap House is a must have for us. Also like the grilled cheese and tomato soup at Woody's.

In case anyone is going soon and is tempted by items on this list, be aware that Cheshire Cafe is currently closed. Columbia Harbor House is not serving (that space is now the extended queue for Peter Pan), but selected items from their menu are available at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Yes good point. It’d be wise to check any restaurants for availability right now. I do know Cosmic Rays has the cat tail. Or at least they did in Dec.

MK
QS: we like Pecos Bills but it’s still not great
Snacks: spring rolls!, dole whip or citrus swirl, fruit & Nutella waffle @ Sleepy Hollow

HS
QS: Docking Bay 7
Snack: baseline taphouse pretzel, carrot cake cookie @ Trolley Car Cafe, Ronto roasters wraps (the chicken one is excellent if it ever comes back!)

Epcot:
QS: Sunshine Seasons
Snack: palmier at Les Halles, nudelgratin at Sommerfest, chicken curry pockets at Joy of Tea, Refreshment Port poutine, Croque glacé, empanadas from Choza, salted gingerbread cookie from Karamell-Kuche.

AK
QS: Satuli gets a lot of love but I would rather sit down at Nomad Lounge and enjoy small plates
Snack: Mr. Kamal’s fries + dipping sauces

AK
QS: Satu'li - food is amazing and both desserts are delicious.
Snack: Simba Sunset at Tamu Tamu

MK
QS: Harbor House (we always eat here, it's tradition) Also, Casey's Corner - I like the corn dogs with cheese sauce
Snack; Dole Whip float at Aloha Isle

HS
QS:
Snack: We got a giant chocolate chip cookie that was pretty good but I think the place that sold it is gone now.

EP
QS: Katsura Grill
Snack: All of the desserts in France

DS
QS: Cooke's of Dublin or Chicken Guy
Snack: Dole Whip Nachos at Marketplace Refreshments

Epcot - I love a ham and cheese croissant from the bakery in France.
AK - well, it just isn't a trip if I don't eat at Flame Tree BBQ. Pulled pork sandwich. I might be drooling just thinking about it.
MK - I do enjoy the corn dog nuggets at Casey's but I don't think they are open yet.
HS - why does this park have such terrible QS??? I usually just go with whatever I am closest to or I snack my way through the day.

Snacks - I don't think I am very park specific but I love the Mickey pretzels with cheese, those amazing sugared nuts, a mickey ice cream bar, popcorn (why does popcorn taste better in Disney???), dolewhip (the one with rum in AK is delicious!!)

MK:
QS: Colombia Harbor House for atmosphere; Cosmic Ray's for the food taste. If I had to choose, I would go with CHH.
Snack: The Dole Whip. A close second would be the fruit and nutella waffle in Liberty Square. Its enough to either share with everyone as a snack or to make one full enough not to want lunch, followed by early dinner.

HS: I can't comment. We didn't eat there.

AK: I can't comment since we did a TS (Tusker House, which I highly recommend), and we had Starbuck's for a snack.

EP:
Like most people, I feel like I could eat my way around Epcot and they could roll me out when it's time to leave.
QS: The San Angel Cantina QS was good.
Snack: Les Halles in France & Karamel ? in Germany.

For Epcot, we make this our TS splurge day. I don't know that there is a restaurant here with a bad reputation. I have never disliked any restaurant that I have tried in Epcot. Garden Grill is very good. We really liked Via Napoli. We found it wasn't much more for us to split a pizza (including tip) than it would cost us to eat at a QS. We thought the little extra was worth it. Just a thought.

So many great suggestions! Thank you! I'm loving reading all of these suggestions.

We aren't planning to go back until masks are gone, so hopefully everything will be opened by then. Unless of course that takes more than another year or so, then I might cave! LOL!

MK:
  • QS: we don’t normally eat here, but Sleepy Hollow or Casey’s do the trick
  • Snack: Tough call but Kakamora float or the Peter Pan Float
EP:
  • QS: Any of the countries, we really like UK and Norway
  • Snacks: all of them?! Caramel pecan bar in Germany and the brioche ice cream sandwich from France
HS:
  • QS: Ronto Roasters for a wrap
  • Snack: Jack Jack Cookie
AK:
  • QS: Yak and Yeti window
  • Snack: Zuris Sweet Shop has a chili chocolate or a drink at Nomads lounge

AK: Satu'li bowl
Epcot: Les Halles the roll with cheese and onion, I forgot the name
HS: Ronto wrap
MK: Dole whip!

MK
* like many I agree the food choices are wanting but DH really likes Skippers Canteen
* well of course Dole Whip!!! Cheeseburger spring rolls and Main Street Candy Shop

EPCOT
* QS- Germany (Frankfurter and Schofferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen - beer with grapefruit very refreshing and I'm not a big grapefruit fan, France (Croque Monsiuer, quiches , cheese ) Sunshine Seasons - something for everyone
* Snacks- Sit down this could take a while :rotfl2:Germany- the Karmel Kitchen - caramel popcorn, cookies , candy all delicious, France- OMG the Grand Marnier slushee ... I look forward to this every year
Les Halles not only great sandwiches and quiches but Chocolate tarts, mousses, eclairs, creme brulle etc. L'Artisan des Glaces have incredible ice cream sandwiches made with brioche YUMMM, ice
cream Martinis.

AK
* QS- Satu'li Canteen- cheeseburger bao buns,
*Snacks- Blueberry cheesecake at Satu'il

HS
* QS - really need an overhaul
* Snacks- they used to have the most amazing cupcakes at Writers but I don't know where or if they are still there

DS
* Not QS but we love Homecoming

QS
MK- Columbia Harbour House or Pinocchio's Village Haus
EP- Sunshine Seasons
HS- not really a fan of the QS options, but I actually really liked my meal at Woody's Lunch Box
AK- Flame Tree Barbecue

Snacks
MK- funnel cake or dole whip
EP- it's hard to go wrong here, especially if you're using the F&W app too tell you what's available during any of the festivals
HS- I liked the snack options at Base Line Tap House or the ice cream sandwiches down by TOT
AK- loaded fries at FTB

MK - Not a big fan of most of the quick service places. The waffles at Sleepy Hollow are always a must get (I believe they are just available for breakfast right now, but that might change before you go). The citrus swirls at Sunshine Tree Terrace are really good, especially if your not very big on dole whip. Pinocchio Village Haus is fine, but certainly not great. It can be fun to watch its a small world while you are eating though! I also must say that Cheshire Cat Tails are really yummy treats (you usually can get them at Cheshire Cafe, but I believe they’re currently available at Cosmic Rays), and Gastons Tavern has really good croissants, cinnamon rolls, and of course the Lefou’s Brew!

HS - We don’t typically do QS here, as we usually go to Sci-Fi, but Docking Bay 7 has some good options. Snack wise, Woody’s lunch box has really good pop tart like pastries?? It sounds kind of strange, but they’re actually pretty good! The Jack Jack num num cookies are also very good, and I really love the ice cream at Hollywood Scoops.

AK - I actually think AK has some pretty good QS. Restaurantosaurus has burgers, hot dogs, chicken, and stuff like that. I’ve had the burgers in the past and they were pretty good. Satu’li Canteen in Pandora is AMAZING, one of my favorite QS restaurants in WDW. Pizzafari also has some good QS, we’ve gotten the pizza there plenty of times and it’s great. As for snacks in AK, the Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu is really good (this is a drink, but definitely worth it, there are also alcoholic versions for the adults), and Dino-Bite Snacks has really great Strawberry Shortcake ice Cream sandwiches.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons is probably you best bet for QS in Future World... or whatever they call it now. The best way to describe SS is like a giant cafeteria, the food isn’t great in my opinion, so I would try to save your hunger to eat in World Showcase! I’d heard the BBQ is really good at Regal Eagle, but I’ve never been so I can’t confirm, if your into BBQ though, maybe give it a try! Lotus Blossom Cafe in the China pavilion is so underrated, and has great Chinese food. The Mongolian Beef Combo is amazing, and I would definitely recommend! La Cantina de San Angel in the Mexico Pavilion has delicious Mexican food, and there are plenty of options. The Patisserie in the France pavilion has great pastries, and L’Artisan des Glaces (also in France Pavilion) has incredible ice cream. Kringle Bakeri in the Norway Pavilion also has really great pastries, so maybe try it as well! Kabuki Cafe in the Japan Pavilion has INCREDIBLE Japanese shaved ice. There are so many different flavors to choose from, and it is so delicious. I’ll also add that the funnel cake in the American Pavilion is really good. You really can’t go wrong with anything in World Showcase (and I would say, especially if you won’t be going for awhile after this, splurge a little and do one table service in Epcot, it’s worth it if you can!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter