What Budget-Friendly Apps Do You Use?

belle032

DIS Veteran
Interested in learning what apps other people use to save money, track spending, get gift cards, etc. I always like hearing about new ones!

I use Shopkick & Ibotta regularly for earning some cash back/gift cards while shopping and the Qapital app as a another way to save!

Anyone else have one they enjoy using?

In addition to the ones you are using, I've been using Fetch. I like that I can just scan a receipt and I don't have to look for items I purchased like you do with Ibotta. I've earned more overall with Ibotta but I have been using it for 18 mos or so and Fetch only for a few months. Fetch is a slower earner than Ibotta but I do earn with it and it's very easy to use.

I use: Ibotta (have been for YEARS!), Checkout 51, SavingStar, GetUpside, Dosh (haven't really earned much with this one, though), Earny (same, haven't seen much movement with it), Receipt hog, FetchRewards (it seems the longer/more you use it, the higher points each receipt will return), Shopalong, BerryCart. Those are just my receipt scanning/shopping apps. I also make money using OnGo (surveys), Field Agent (surveys and mystery shops), EasyShift (mystery shops), Gigwalk (mystery shops), iSecretShop (secret shops), CheckPoints (mystery shops and shopping "points"), Mobee (shopping points), MindSwarms (video testimonials), Voxpopme (video testimonials/surveys), and Swagbucks.

Yes, I spent a lot of time on my phone (kills time between meetings at work or waiting for doctor's appointments and such) and my husband brings me receipts to scan to see if any of them "work on all those things you do". LOL!

I use: Ibotta (have been for YEARS!), Checkout 51, SavingStar, GetUpside, Dosh (haven't really earned much with this one, though), Earny (same, haven't seen much movement with it), Receipt hog, FetchRewards (it seems the longer/more you use it, the higher points each receipt will return), Shopalong, BerryCart. Those are just my receipt scanning/shopping apps. I also make money using OnGo (surveys), Field Agent (surveys and mystery shops), EasyShift (mystery shops), Gigwalk (mystery shops), iSecretShop (secret shops), CheckPoints (mystery shops and shopping "points"), Mobee (shopping points), MindSwarms (video testimonials), Voxpopme (video testimonials/surveys), and Swagbucks.

Yes, I spent a lot of time on my phone (kills time between meetings at work or waiting for doctor's appointments and such) and my husband brings me receipts to scan to see if any of them "work on all those things you do". LOL!

Oh my gosh I had no idea there were this many! Will definitely have to check some of these out!

I feel like I just use the typical ones (Receipt Hog, Ibotta, Savings Star, etc) but one I haven't seen mentioned is Achievement. Not sure it's truly 'budget' but if you wear a fitness tracker (I wear a fitbit so I know it works with those) you get points for good activity. For example yesterday I got 5 points for sleeping 6 hours, it tracked my heart rate and I got 6 points, and I walked 8918 steps and got 24 points. When you reach 10,000 points, there is a $10 Paypal pay out. It's a bit slow to accumulate but it's basically running in the background with zero effort needed (except to cash out your reward) so it works for me. I got my first $10 a few weeks ago.

I like ebates a lot. Sometimes the rate back is doubled and you get as much as 12% back in a check monthly. Just wished it paid out more with Amazon since that's where I spend the most money

I feel like I just use the typical ones (Receipt Hog, Ibotta, Savings Star, etc) but one I haven't seen mentioned is Achievement. Not sure it's truly 'budget' but if you wear a fitness tracker (I wear a fitbit so I know it works with those) you get points for good activity. For example yesterday I got 5 points for sleeping 6 hours, it tracked my heart rate and I got 6 points, and I walked 8918 steps and got 24 points. When you reach 10,000 points, there is a $10 Paypal pay out. It's a bit slow to accumulate but it's basically running in the background with zero effort needed (except to cash out your reward) so it works for me. I got my first $10 a few weeks ago.

I have a Fitbit so that's awesome! Every little bit helps, especially for an app that takes so little effort. I'll make sure to download that.

How long did it take you go cash out on achievement? It took me over a year and I'm active and always log my runs or weights etc I do at the gym. Granted last year was a bit less because of a leg issue but it's not quick. I do try and put in how much water I drink since that adds points.

[QUOTEHow long did it take you go cash out on achievement? It took me over a year and I'm active and always log my runs or weights etc I do at the gym. Granted last year was a bit less because of a leg issue but it's not quick. I do try and put in how much water I drink since that adds points.][/QUOTE]

It look a little less than a year, so no, certainly not quick. It looks like I signed up on June 26, 2017 and I cashed out my first $10 on May 7, 2018. I'm not extremely active, I try to hit my 10K steps everyday but I work at a sitdown job and usually only do the treadmill in the evenings. I didn't know you could add water intake, I'll have to start doing that.

I like ebates a lot. Sometimes the rate back is doubled and you get as much as 12% back in a check monthly. Just wished it paid out more with Amazon since that's where I spend the most money
Yes! I used ebates twice yesterday at stores that were offering the 15% cash back. I earned almost $20 in just two transactions yesterday.

In addition to the ones you are using, I've been using Fetch. I like that I can just scan a receipt and I don't have to look for items I purchased like you do with Ibotta. I've earned more overall with Ibotta but I have been using it for 18 mos or so and Fetch only for a few months. Fetch is a slower earner than Ibotta but I do earn with it and it's very easy to use.
Thanks for fetch. I did not know about this one. I dot it last month and have $15 so far. I refereed two people

Mint for overall budgeting and spend tracking. Once it’s set up, everything flows in seamlessly. Have had it for 5 years now.

I like Flipp. It’s a grocery store flyer app. I usually use the online site on my computer and then I save a grocery list that can be accessed with the online app. I can also view store flyers on my phone.

I also use Ebates occasionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter