What can you take into the park?

IheartDsny

Earning My Ears
I've been searching all over and can't find a list of things that you can't take into the park... does anyone know if you can bring in backpacks and sandwiches/drinks? We're trying to save money by brining our own lunches (and will buy dinner in the park), but want to make sure we'll be allowed to bring it all in.
Thanks! :flower:

Technically, the answer is no--there is a picnic area outside the park and a handful of lockers there. Unofficially, I've seen people bring all sorts of stuff in. It really all depends on the cast member searching your bags. On July 4 they were being really stinky about stuff like sodas--I wouldn't have even tried a sandwich. The one thing they really can't say anything about is water. Yes, backpacks are allowed.

I have never been told I can't bring food in, and I do it a lot. I wouldn't try cans of soda though, not too sure about bottles. I usually stick to juice boxes!

They say that snacks and drinks are ok to bring in. What they DON'T want is full meals brought in, as there is no picnicing allowed. I saw people eating sandwiches in the park from their backpacks. I brought in juice boxes and snacks and we brought in water EVERYDAY and was never turned away! Hope that helps :)

I have never had any problem bringing food into the park. I usually bring lunch - sandwiches, chips, and snacks, along with juice and water. I have never had anyone say anything to me even with a bag full of food. Hope this helps.

We bring in all sorts of stuff and no one has ever said a word. When my parents are with us we usually have 2 coolers. My Dad has some medical issues and needs meds and also needs to bring his own food/drink. We bring along a small soft side and a small hard shell cooler. There are bags of snacks and sandwiches and sodas in one and medication in the other. Even when they see the food/soda cooler first they have NEVER said a single thing about it (except maybe to jokingly ask for some of the food/soda).

The official line is you can't bring picnic food into the park and to use the picnic tables. They also state this on the tram. They will not allow you to bring in coolers, and if they see too much food they will direct you to the lockers located in the picnic area. Do people do it? Yes. Are they breaking the rules? Yes. Will someone stop you? Probably not, unless is a ton of stuff. They are a lot more forgiving than years past. 10 years ago had they seen sandwiches they would not have allowed them in. They will not allow bottles into the parks if they see them. The DCA entrance has cups set out because people buy bottles of fruit drinks and then they won't allow those in.

However there is nothing worse than standing in line for 30 minutes to buy your lunch and then not being able to find a table because there are 20 tables taken up with people who brought in their own food, and haven't purchased a thing. Especially when they are sitting inside the air conditioning on a hot day and you can't even find a table outside either.

They do allow bottles in, so long as they're plastic. No glass bottles.

I too have never had a problem bringing in food and drinks. I don't overdo it. Since I go with my 5 yr. old DD I always bring along a few snacks, sometimes PB & J sandwich. I've also brought in soda in cans (just a few) and it's never been an issue. The only thing my family ever had to remove (my mom decided to throw it away instead of returning to car) was one of those small swiss army knife key chains. It has a small blade (about 1") and couldn't be brought in. This was with-in one year of 9-11-we didn't even think of it.-Oh well, live and learn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter