What can you tell me about AKL?

Laurajean1014

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><
In three weeks, we spend a week at AKL! (Yay). I've ate dinner there many times and shopped, but never stayed overnight. We are really excited. My DS6 will be all over this place.

Please tell me what not to miss!

Thank you in advance. :)

The pool is great!!! You DS will love it.

The hot tubs are good too. We loved them at night.

You can see animals from the Pool area, as well as out the back door (if you don't have a savannah view). We did not.

It's a relaxing resort.

:D

Oh my gosh Disneydreamer!! It's almost here!! We go the first week of Dec. and I know that when our countdown gets as close as yours I will have butterflies big time!! Have fun and be sure to tell us all about it when you return!!

Try to make time to speak to some of the lovely African people who love to tell you about their home land. They do a fantastic hotel tour which explains the African art & artifacts on display all over the hotel, not just in the lobby. You will be amazed at what you'll learn. The lobby has such delicious smells of spices, wood, etc. When you arrive, take a deep breath, look around & find tranquility in the low lighting & hypnotic music. It's a magical place.:cool:

Thanks and please keep the information coming.

I think we will forego MVMCP this year and spend more relaxing time at AKL! The pool sounds great!

We will have a savannah view for my DS6 and I to view early in the morning! I believe we will not be going to the parks while staying at AKL. Too much to do there!

Dreamer - please give us a trip report when you return!

Also, be sure to have your camera ready to take some good pics at sunrise. Go out on your balcony at the first hint of light & you will see animals. Be sure to notice the sound of distant drumming on the savannah in the morning. Are the natives restless?:cool:

We love the AKL and hope you will too. The resort is sooooo relaxing. The pool is great, we love it, the pool area is huge and I think the restrooms in the pool area are the best! I know that sounds wierd, but my daughter and I love the ladies room! LOL!!! The food court, Mara, is nice. We always have breakfast there. Some people say some of the food is a little different from other food courts, but to us that's the point. We love trying different things. We have had savannah view rooms on both our visits there, and for me it's the only way to go. I would get up in the middle of the night just to see the animals. My family really enjoyed it. Take time to just relax at this beautiful resort. Sit around the "fire pit" outside at night and just take in all the wonderful atmosphere. It truly is a magical resort.

Have a Wonderful Vacation!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter