What car services do you DVCers

Where are you getting a large rental car (7 seat SUV or van) for $250 or less for a week? Tiffany is 215+ tip round trip for a mini van with car seat for our group of 5. If it’s really possible to come close to that price I agree, it would be hard to argue against a rental vs a car service. But I don’t think it is.
Tiffany mini-van: 215 + (I assume) a 20% tip = $258.

Capital One Travel website 5-passenger SUV for 7 days in August: $227 + gas (maybe $100 - or less) = $327

So, about $75 more total (granted, it's smaller than a minivan) for total freedom for a week vs. a shuttle that takes you there and back and maybe the grocery store and that's it.

Like Carolyn said, different things are worth it to different people. We almost never stay for 7+ days in Orlando without leaving Disney property at all, so it's more than worth it to us.

EDIT: And, if you used a rental car as a shuttle service and then just parked it at a resort, it's 20 miles from MCO to WDW, so maybe $10 in gas. That's $237 total.

Last edited:
Tiffany mini-van: 215 + (I assume) a 20% tip = $258.

Capital One Travel website 5-passenger SUV for 7 days in August: $227 + gas (maybe $100 - or less) = $327

So, about $75 more total (granted, it's smaller than a minivan) for total freedom for a week vs. a shuttle that takes you there and back and maybe the grocery store and that's it.

Like Carolyn said, different things are worth it to different people. We almost never stay for 7+ days in Orlando without leaving Disney property at all, so it's more than worth it to us.

EDIT: And, if you used a rental car as a shuttle service and then just parked it at a resort, it's 20 miles from MCO to WDW, so maybe $10 in gas. That's $237 total.
That's a decent price, though I doubt it's with a car seat added in, and people definitely have different priorities. Example: many consider freedom at WDW freedom from having to drive around and deal with parking lots. (YMMV, pun intended) But that's a separate discussion vs a rental car for 20% more making a car service "not make any economic sense"

Also your comparison isn't really fair. It's for a different kind of vehicle than I mentioned, and without the car seat that I mentioned. A 5 person SUV isn't really a viable option for 5 people to/from from the airport with a car seat all their luggage for a week. Trust me we've tried it, do not recommend. I'm sure some people travel lighter and could make it work. But the vast majority will need a 7 seat SUV or a van which makes the price comparison even worse. Ever try putting 2 adults in a normal SUV back seat with a car seat installed? Not fun.

That's a decent price, though I doubt it's with a car seat added in, and people definitely have different priorities. Example: many consider freedom at WDW freedom from having to drive around and deal with parking lots. (YMMV, pun intended) But that's a separate discussion vs a rental car for 20% more making a car service "not make any economic sense"

Also your comparison isn't really fair. It's for a different kind of vehicle than I mentioned, and without the car seat that I mentioned. A 5 person SUV isn't really a viable option for 5 people to/from from the airport with a car seat all their luggage for a week. Trust me we've tried it, do not recommend. I'm sure some people travel lighter and could make it work. But the vast majority will need a 7 seat SUV or a van which makes the price comparison even worse. Ever try putting 2 adults in a normal SUV back seat with a car seat installed? Not fun.
Okay. This seems like a pointless circular argument at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter