• Mostly Table Service Meals

• Mostly Counter Service Meals

• Mostly Snacks

• Nothing

• A little bit of each

Results are only viewable after voting.

TAKitty

<font color=green>I will make it work with the one
I was just wondering if you had any credits left on the plan and which ones. :sunny:

I think for my April trip that we will have counter service credits left.

We always end up with at least 2-3 snacks hanging around. Next time we are just going to waltz over from our room and grab a couple of bags of chips to keep in the kitchen

We had some snacks too but not very many. We grabbed some Mickey Rice Krispie snacks for the way home to hand out to our neice/nephews.

Interesting poll. I haven't done Dining Plan yet, but I'd have figured that I'd either have nothing left (great planning) or some CS left. The snacks I figure will be gone quickly, as I'll be buying my third bottle of water each day with snack credits, and I almost always end up buying a third bottle of water. However, now that I think of it, our guests probably don't drink like fish like my wife and I do, so some of their snack credits might be left at the end.

We are going in December and I can't imagine having any left over. With three kids someone is always game for a snack and I figure we'll use our CS for lunch and our TS for dinner and use them all up.

Allyson :)

bicker said:
Interesting poll. I haven't done Dining Plan yet, but I'd have figured that I'd either have nothing left (great planning) or some CS left. The snacks I figure will be gone quickly, as I'll be buying my third bottle of water each day with snack credits, and I almost always end up buying a third bottle of water. However, now that I think of it, our guests probably don't drink like fish like my wife and I do, so some of their snack credits might be left at the end.

Even on the dining plan buying a case of soda/water makes sense. The temptation is to save the snack credits for ice cream but with two desserts included, and not shared, I wasn't in the mood for it. I bought a refillable mug, for the souvenir value, so for my CS meals in my resort I'd get a bottle of water that I would consume later in the day. Some of the snack carts in the Disney-MGM studios didn't have the computer working for the dining plan and if you're like me you'll just pay cash rather than hunt for a place with a working computer.

I found myself using up my extra credits for snacks to take on the plane going home.

I thought we were going to use our snack credits on Mickey bars but we were actually too hot to want any. We used them for water instead. I quit bringing water from home because we never used them. I never had a problem with a cart not taking the card.

We had leftover snack and cs credits. I went to the food court at the CR and got rice krispie Mickeys for the snack credits. I got sandwich lunches for the CS. This included a sandwich, large water bottle and bag of chips or pudding. We drove so it was great to have the extras in the cooler on the way home.

We definitely enjoyed the dining plan. We have a ts every night anyway on vacation so we would have eaten at the same places; it just would have cost us more.

We had cs credits left over because sometimes we would eat a late breakfast and most of our dinners were early since we had a toddler with us. And, I agree, sometimes it was easier to pay cash for the snacks.

We had one snack credit left. Used our last two CS at Wolfgang puck express in the early morning, walked throught Downtown Disney sure that we could get a bottle of pop for the road, but none of the little kiosks were open. Had a great time on Dining Plan, would do it again!

On our last night we had 4 CS and 3 snack credits left. I didn't expect having that many CS left but my son was eating so little at some meals I didn't want to waste CS credits getting him a whole meal. We used 2 CS credits for dinner that night and 2 for breakfast the next morning. I also was able to get 3 big chocolate chip cookies at the resort for the snack credits.

We had 2 CS, 7 TS, and 16 snack. However, keep in mind that we also came down with a stomach bug (one at a time, of course) and every day we had someone who couldn't eat because of it. If we'd all been healthy we'd have been ok.

Somehow, we ended up having two CS meals left over..thats it.

We loved using the snack credits...for the four of us, we would typically get a couple of Mickey bars :mickeybar and a couple of waters. It worked out great cause those Mickey bars are huge! So thats how we used our snack credits every day.

On our last day at Mk as we were leaving, I gave my KTTW card to a stranger, told them there were two free CS meals on it & to have fun on their trip! (Don't know if this was okay but it felt good to spread a little pixiedust) !!

pixiedust:

bicker said:

We had credits left and we drink like fish to but we carried our water in and would go back to the room for a break more water and refill our water bottles with fountain water also. We are just not that picky about water I guess.
We saved snack credits for snacks like Ice Cream I guess we saved more than we thought.

We had one snack credit left but towards the end of our vacation we were eating in the food court like mad. I think we were afraid we wouldn't "budget" our credits correctly and ended up being really conservative with them.

We decided not to do the meal plan this time (even if it's cheaper) and one of the reason was the whole keeping track thing.

I hate to raise the issue, but I would love to know how this breaks down by party size and composition -- specifically who's got what left versus how many adults and how many children in the party. I suspect there might be a correlation.

bicker said:
I hate to raise the issue, but I would love to know how this breaks down by party size and composition -- specifically who's got what left versus how many adults and how many children in the party. I suspect there might be a correlation.

We had 2 CS, 7 TS, and 16 snack. However, keep in mind that we also came down with a stomach bug (one at a time, of course) and every day we had someone who couldn't eat because of it. If we'd all been healthy we'd have been ok.

There were four of us-Me, DH, and two granddaughters, ages 6 and 8.

I voted "0" because our snack credits were not left over IMHO, we used them to buy Mickey rice krispie treats to take home. We would have used all our snack credits on water if we had not brought some down with us.

bicker said:

We had 4 Adults/1Child on the plan for 7 nights. We wound up having something like 8 or 9 snack credits left over - they were all pooled - not separated by A/C. As Lewis pointed out, many times we got a bottle of water with CS meals or paid cash at the stands that didn't have a card scan. I had all our TS and CS planned out in advance so I knew we would use all of those. With the amount of food that comes with the meals, we found we just didn't grab snacks - and that is with a family of BIG eaters (2 teenage boys and DH).

The boys did have quite a few Mickey bars. We used credits at the F&W festival, and grabbed chips/water for the plane ride home and still had leftovers...

I hope you enjoy the plan - it hooked us and we will be using it on future trips.

I had a ton of snack credits left. Now if only snack credits could be used for Dole Whips, that would be a different story...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter