What did your Disney cruise cost you ?

Price of cruise is also relative to many factors. Like others, not sure what the OP is looking to learn.

If you want DCL prices try booking or a travel agent. If you want some deal check for discount rate on the site or on the thread on these boards.

If you wan best deal for a cruise shop around. We had previously booked DCL for Alaska and changed or cancelled for different reasons. We will leave soon for an Alaska cruise on another cruise lime and are paying the same for one of the nicest suites with but,we service and all that for the same price as a veranda on DCL.

BCHLVRRN, We booked a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas for Halloween (September) with 3 people in our stateroom. 2 adults one kiddo. We booked early, about a year ahead. Deck 5 aft oceanview cat 8. The cost was around $2600.

If we had booked the same cruise today, it would cost $2909. Make sure you book ahead or if you are comfortable waiting for IGT OGT VGT, that's usually a good deal.

Last edited:
I don’t know why everyone is being so rude/sketched out by this thread...I’m not ashamed to tell you. I paid $2600 for two adults for a 5night cruise this December. This is not including airfare, excursions, airport food & souvenirs. But I feel this is a pretty descent price.

I don't think people are being rude. The question is rather vague and I'm sure you know that some people will pay $2500 while others will pay $25,000. There are just too many variables

We paid $2400 last December for a 4 night Bahamian on the Dream, VGT booking. 2 adults 1 kid.

Plus airfare
Plus Disney transportation to and from Port Canaveral
plus WDW tickets for before and after cruise
plus Beach Club before cruise
plus Grand Floridian after cruise
plus food at the parks
plus bike rental at Castaway Cay
plus souvenirs

Basically...too much money, but it was a fantastic trip.

I don’t know why everyone is being so rude/sketched out by this thread...I’m not ashamed to tell you. I paid $2600 for two adults for a 5night cruise this December. This is not including airfare, excursions, airport food & souvenirs. But I feel this is a pretty descent price.

I have to agree with others and say I don't see that it's a matter of rude or sketched out by the thread. It's like asking someone how much did you pay for your car, or how much did you pay for your auto insurance or how much did you pay for your house. As for a car it depends on manufacturer, model and options. For auto insurance it would be dependent on coverage, deductibles driving record and etc. House would be how big, what state, community, options and so on. The same would be for a cruise; what cabin category, where on the ship, how many days, what destinations and etc. It really is much more than just asking how much did you pay for your cruise.

like everyone else has said, it depends on a lot of factors. I have paid as low as $800 (my half of a girls trip, 4nt. on the Magic in mid-January) and as high as $12,000 (family of 4, 9A on the 9nt Alaska).

My best price on DCL was a looooong time ago when they still did kids sail free. DH and I took our daughter and her friend on a 4 nighter for about $850 for all 4. I upgraded to a balcony at the port for $300. So, $1150 all in.
That is amazing!!

Probably about the same or less than it costs you (unless you have FL or Military or F&F discounts), as we usually:
  • Use a Placholder, to get 10% off + $100 Shipboard credit
  • Book the first day available for Platinum
  • Generally eschew DCL excursions and tastings
  • Often do "an extra Palo" beyond our free one, but never do Remy
  • Don't drink alcohol but enjoy Cove Cafe!
  • Tip generously for great service
  • Buy another placeholder onboard
  • Sometimes use Disney transportation to get back to the airport after a cruise
  • Purchase our own air fares.
The "list" price for almost all DCL cruises, by berth level, berth guests, and number of days-out (a hugely important factor) is queried repeatedly and then presented by TouringPlans.

How can we improve this question?

Of your total, excl. travel costs (as this differs so much where you are travelling from and the kind of transport you use):
- What percentage do you spend on your stateroom?
- What percentage do you spend on excursions?
- What percentage do you spend on extra food & drinks, the popcorn, coffees, cocktails etc.?
- What percentage do you spend on things like bingo?
- What percentage do you spend on tips on top of the obligatory tip?

Then you get an idea what a poster finds important, and the different ways to cruise.
Two families can spend $5000 each on a cruise, but one has an inside stateroom and spends most on excursions and bingo and popcorn and tips very well, the other could have a veranda room and doesn't have any other costs.

It is your money, you decide how to spend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter