What Dinner Seating time does everyone have?

What dinner seating do you have?

• First

• Second

Results are only viewable after voting.
The other question, related to the "lateness" of dinner - how early do people do breakfast?

I remember eating breakfast on the day we disembarked. :sad: It was in Tritons. We had second dining, so we had the later breakfast.

On Castaway Cay day, we went and grabbed a quick bite up on deck 9 at Beach Blanket Buffet. Seemed like everyone was grabbing a bite to eat and there wasn't enough space for the 5 of us to grab a table. Two lovely ladies said they were close enough to being finished and gave us there table.

When I am on vacation, I have a hard time remembering to eat. Breakfast isn't a staple of vacation life for me.

I've got 1st right now, but I know a large majority of people seem to prefer 2nd. I've thought about switching, but haven't decided yet.

The other question, related to the "lateness" of dinner - how early do people do breakfast?

I just usually order some croissants or a bagel from room service the night before to be delivered at the time I want to wake up in the morning. (They have these door hanger breakfast menus you can put our with your order before you go to bed.) I am not a morning person so breakfast is not a big deal for me. I like to lounge in my cabin as I wake up instead of having to get dressed to go eat breakfast. :confused3

I just usually order some croissants or a bagel from room service the night before to be delivered at the time I want to wake up in the morning. (They have these door hanger breakfast menus you can put our with your order before you go to bed.) I am not a morning person so breakfast is not a big deal for me. I like to lounge in my cabin as I wake up instead of having to get dressed to go eat breakfast. :confused3

DH loves eggs benedict so we try to make it to the restaurant for that. I think what time we are up will depend on what time the events are and how late we went to bed. I'm hoping we won't be too jet lagged by then and I can actually sleep past 7am :laughing:

DH loves eggs benedict so we try to make it to the restaurant for that. I think what time we are up will depend on what time the events are and how late we went to bed. I'm hoping we won't be too jet lagged by then and I can actually sleep past 7am :laughing:

I am not normally a breakfast eater, though I will eat Fruit & Waffles - Bring on those Mickey Waffles with Stawberries. :)

I am not normally a breakfast eater, though I will eat Fruit & Waffles - Bring on those Mickey Waffles with Stawberries. :)

Oh, this sounds so good to me! (even though I am pretty sure they will be the frozen strawberries in heavy syrup, not the nice fresh local strawberries I am eating now)

I would also like eggs benedict.

Guess I will be trying to get up for breakfast.

I like breakfast when it is something interesting and different from my usual cheerios (and blueberries and strawberries this morning).

(If breakfast is not included, then I hit the road running with a breakfast bar in hand and look for early lunch)

Ditto for us. I'm not much of a morning person. No one wants to see me before I've had my coffee. :)

Ditto for us. I'm not much of a morning person. No one wants to see me before I've had my coffee. :)

:cloud9:
The thought of having coffee and breakfast pastry on the veranda every morning ...... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
now I wish it was a longer cruise ;)

:cloud9:
The thought of having coffee and breakfast pastry on the veranda every morning ...... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
now I wish it was a longer cruise ;)

Call AskTracy. I am sure she can arrange that for you!

Call AskTracy. I am sure she can arrange that for you!

e-mail her instead. But I would suggest something on the Dream...or for something that sails on the 20th or later.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Alas - the coffers are empty :sad2:

If I continue this way - I'm going to need another job just to pay for my Disney trips.
Of course, then I won't be able to take as much time off to take the trips.
Perhaps a very LARGE raise is in order :thumbsup2

Alas - the coffers are empty :sad2:

If I continue this way - I'm going to need another job just to pay for my Disney trips.
Of course, then I won't be able to take as much time off to take the trips.
Perhaps a very LARGE raise is in order :thumbsup2

I'm thinking the same thing. Not sure when I'd work, though. Can't I just get paid to travel?

This is our first cruise on DCL and we have early seating because of the kids. The 2nd seating just seems SO late to eat. For those of you with kids who have cruised before, what are the kids like in the evening if you have late seating? I just think of the last time we were at WDW and had 8:00 reservations at the Crystal Palace. My son was so tired and grumpy that dinner was not a lot of fun! :( I assumed it would be the same story on the cruise, so I booked the 1st seating.

This is our first cruise on DCL and we have early seating because of the kids. The 2nd seating just seems SO late to eat. For those of you with kids who have cruised before, what are the kids like in the evening if you have late seating? I just think of the last time we were at WDW and had 8:00 reservations at the Crystal Palace. My son was so tired and grumpy that dinner was not a lot of fun! :( I assumed it would be the same story on the cruise, so I booked the 1st seating.

Dinner on the ship is at 8:15 pm. I would not base dinner time on what everyone else is doing. I would base it on your kids. It sounds like early dining is a good match for you.

Once again, if we have too many people on late dining, we will be split between two dining rooms. I don't know if Disney will evenly split us or if there will just be left over tables in the second room. We may have no control over scheduling and some people who are switching to be in the room with most of the people, may end up in a room with fewer people than we have on main dining. There are quite a few people on both dining times so this shouldn't be a concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter