What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

I have a cruise on the wish on Feb 20th. I did the online check in on Jan 25th. Its been nearly 3 weeks and it still says my online check in is pending review.

Is this normal? Im a little worried as its getting pretty close.
Yes. I think ours cleared about a week before our sail date last September. And if it doesn't clear, you can just address it when you get to the port.

I have a cruise on the wish on Feb 20th. I did the online check in on Jan 25th. Its been nearly 3 weeks and it still says my online check in is pending review.

Is this normal? Im a little worried as its getting pretty close.
We sailed on Dec. 9th and our docs weren’t approved until Dec. 3rd.

Just to be clear, is the only reason you stay up at midnight to check in is the PAT? We are taking Disney transportation from MCO and was told we could disregard our registered PAT when checking in. I have 4 rooms so I was wondering if I could check in the next day.

Yeah pretty much everyone who knows about the PAT will be on their phone at 11:59pm ready to do online check-in! :laughing:

We are also taking the Disney transfer from MCO, and I have read from two difference sources that DCL is more lax about your PAT if you are arriving via the Disney transfer. We are planning on being at the MCO meet-up a little earlier, than maybe hop on an earlier bus to test our luck! Will definitely report back how that goes!

Just checked in for our Fantasy cruise on 3/18. And it only took me 6 minutes to do on my laptop- with zero issues. I am shocked considering Disney IT and the horror stories I have heard.

What is the earliest PAT? We have 11:15-11:30, Boarding Group 5. Is that decent? (this is our first Disney cruise)

Anyone else having trouble with online check in? We were moving pretty quickly until we got to the payment screen and now it's stuck and we can't get past that screen to get to PAT screen. Help!

Lots of trouble. It keeps trying to load and keeps crashing. It is terrible. I also noticed the DVC site has been down all day for reservations.

When this happens if you’ve started checkin and it gets stuck and then you have to finish in the morning does it save the info you entered or do you have to start all over?

Just checked in for our Fantasy cruise on 3/18. And it only took me 6 minutes to do on my laptop- with zero issues. I am shocked considering Disney IT and the horror stories I have heard.

What is the earliest PAT? We have 11:15-11:30, Boarding Group 5. Is that decent? (this is our first Disney cruise)
Personally, I think that is good. My logic: does it get me on board for lunch at a decent time? If so, it's good!

Some folks want the earliest possible boarding time so they can sign up for drink tastings they might have missed out on. Those are obviously space-limited, but keep in mind that there are many many cruisers out there who will have no idea you can sign up in-person, immediately after boarding.* If you need to do something like talk to the dining team to confirm allergies are noted on file - there is no rush to do that the second you get on board.

*editing to add that you can sign up on the app now, but I do think you have to be on-board to do so? someone else might confirm.

Last edited:
Yes…You need two photos.
1. Take a photo of your passport photo page. Just open the passport, lay it flat, and take a photo of the passport.
2. Also, take a head shot photo of yourself without glasses with shoulders included.
I scanned my passport that shows both pages (includes the picture of the eagle on the other side of the flat open page). Will that be acceptable or should I cut out the eagle side?

I scanned my passport that shows both pages (includes the picture of the eagle on the other side of the flat open page). Will that be acceptable or should I cut out the eagle side?
I’m not sure of the answer to this. I just took an iPhone photo which included both pages.
The “eagle page” is the signature page.

I’m not sure of the answer to this. I just took an iPhone photo which included both pages.
The “eagle page” is the signature page.
I did the same as @Ensusieasm. Truth be told, I think we are all just guessing about why they do/don't accept certain photos. I purposefully chose the photos that the app automatically pulled details from, but that was more about the lighting in the photos than how well the signature page was showing. (Those things are so shiny, and kind of hard to capture without some glare.) Mine are still in review anyway, so I will find out in March at the port and report back, I suppose!

I submitted an image that included the full eagle page along with the page containing my personal information and it was approved/accepted. It just took until a few days before embarkation to get approval.

Is it still possible to skip the ID section, get a PAT and make Palo reservations, and then go back and do the passport stuff? Or is that a thing of the past?

Is it still possible to skip the ID section, get a PAT and make Palo reservations, and then go back and do the passport stuff? Or is that a thing of the past?
No. See my post #2 for the speediest way I know to do it to get theoigh, then go back and make changes.

No. See my post #2 for the speediest way I know to do it to get theoigh, then go back and make changes.
Thank you so much. At least we have just one stateroom booked. Do we need vax stuff, too, or is that also a thing of the past? We haven't cruised since 2018.

Thank you so much. At least we have just one stateroom booked. Do we need vax stuff, too, or is that also a thing of the past? We haven't cruised since 2018.
Vaccination information is separate from checkin so less stressful time-wise. Most of the vaccination requirements are gone, but there may be some countries that require it so it is cruise specific.

Vaccination information is separate from checkin so less stressful time-wise. Most of the vaccination requirements are gone, but there may be some countries that require it so it is cruise specific.
Thank you for that. We are going to the Med, so I'll look for that, but as long as it's not time sensitive with the rest of check-in it's not a big deal. Really appreciate your help!

FYI, Palo reservations are not a part of online check in. Dining reservations (including Palo) can be done during the booking window (a certain number of days out from sailing based on your Castaway Club status) along with excursions. Regardless of your CC status, you'll be able to check for dining reservations farther out that online check in, which is 30 days out.

FYI, Palo reservations are not a part of online check in. Dining reservations (including Palo) can be done during the booking window (a certain number of days out from sailing based on your Castaway Club status) along with excursions. Regardless of your CC status, you'll be able to check for dining reservations farther out that online check in, which is 30 days out.
Maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing, or maybe I'm not and I can just go in and sign up for stuff without filling out all the forms. Now I'm pretty confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter