What do little princesses wear to CRT & PSB?

fa mulan

And I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World."
We have 2 daughters, 7 & 3, and have been lucky to get PS's for both princess bfasts. I've seen posts describing the attention girls get when dressed as the characters and am wondering if I should try to get costumes for mine before we go....

Will they lots of attention whether dressed up or down?

Our DD 4 always goes in regular clothes. I'm sure she'd like to wear her dress up clothes but she's never asked to. She's seen other kids dressed up and it didn't bother her that she wasn't. Another thing is that it's often too hot to wear that long dress and then you have to bring clothes to change in to. I know people do this but it's not at all necessary. The princesses will give your girls lots of attention no matter what they're wearing so you should just do whatever you're comfortable with. Another option is to have them wear princess t-shirts (maybe even a new one ;)) Have fun!

That's what I was hoping, but I needed to hear it from somebody who's been. We'll probably have the opposite situation tho- it'll probably be too cold for a dress!

P.S. I like your descriptor - I never thought I'd be a Disney Geek either!

last year, we did both too. For CRT our 3 year old did wear her Belle costume but no one made a MAJOR deal about it. A couple of comments here and there but not major. Belle was happy but not over happy.

For Storybook they just wore Princess shirts and got pretty much the same attention.

Both breakfasts were so rushed that I didn't think the costumes made a BIG difference.

We were there Halloween week so it was kind of warm, I just her into park clothes right after the breakfast.

I would base it on what your kids want and if you're willing to pack it and also to pack a change of clothes for the park.

Our DD was 3 last year for CRT. She wore a SW costume and stirred up quite a lot of attention walking down Main Street to the Castle. We ended up with some wonderful photos. The pics with Snow White at CRT -- with our 3yo in the costume is one my all time favorite pics!

This year she's dressing in the gold Belle costume.

Man, will I be bummed when she is too old for the costumes! I love that she's not embarassed by it (and, in fact, gets excited to get "dressed up" for the princesses).

My DD was 4(almost 5) last yr. Before we went she said she was going to WDw to visit the "other" princesses. She DID NOT however ask to wear her costumes but had a Cinderella necklace on. It didn't phase her that other girls were dressed up at all. cinderella made a fuss over the necklace,and I saved the room in the suitcase.

I brought 2 DDs to CRT two years ago with no costumes, as they were a little old for it. I did not see a lot of kids dressed up, maybe a few. But, that being said, there is a 75% off costume sale at the Disney Store now. I have bought new DD (she'll be 13 months when we go) about 4 princess costumes to wear. They were inexpensive & will hopefully not take up a lot of luggage space, so it was no big deal. If you can get them on sale, go for it!

My DD6 wore her Cinderella costume last year for CRT. There were a couple of other girls in costume but the majority of the girls are not. If you don't mind carrying it around it is worth it for the pictures. She looks really cute standing next to Prince Charming. We had an early PS so I was able to get a great shot of her in her dress in front of the Castle with no one else in the picture. It is my favorite picture of her.

Thanks for the 75% tip & your opinions!! I'm heading there tomorrow am (it's time to get more Disney dollars and last minute stuff for our trip next week!!! :Pinkbounc), but the last ones I saw were for infants - I hope there are bigger sizes avail. My girls have frou-frou dress-ups, but not DS princess-wear - I'm kicking myself for not buying the princess Trunk (4 costumes) when it was 50% at Christmas. . . . :rolleyes:

If you are renting a car while you are on vaction you can try the big Disney outlet in the mall. I think it is called the Character Warehouse but I'm not sure. Anyway I noticed they had some princess costumes when we were there in August. They also sell costumes in the giftshops by the Castle.

Just got back, surprised to see number of girls wearing costumes not only to the breakfasts but throughout the day in the parks. If they wear costumes to the meals, they'll feel right at home. We went to the 1900 Park Faire Cinderella Dinner and 4.5yr old DD wore a long party dress, she was fussed over for being dressed up and made it special.
Bottom line, no matter what your children want to wear, they fit in just fine.

no matter what your children want to wear, they fit in just fine.
I agree. The first 3 times we went to CRT my DD just wore her favorite dress and she still felt like a princess. It didn't matter to her that some of the girls had costumes on. The last time we went I packed the costume as a surprise because we were celebrating her birthday. Your DD's will be made to feel special no matter what. How could you not feel special, you're with the Princesses!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter