• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do about a very early arrival and carry ons?

KimWDW

Disney Obsessed!
Our flight lands at 9 AM, so obviously we won't be able to check into our room any time soon. So we'll head to the parks for the day. Magical Express will pop our suitcases into the room later that afternoon. But what do we do about carry ons? Do we head to the hotel first and leave them with the front desk? Or do we bring them with us to the park? They will be full of iPads, headphones, books, etc. from the plane ride. On the one hand, I don't want to lug it around the park. But on the other hand, I don't know if I want to leave >$1K worth of electronics with the front desk.

Thanks for any advice!

We leave them with bell services at our resort. We take our phones with us but have left a lap top, ipad and headphones in the bags.

As the two posters above said, I also always leave my stuff with bell services and my Surface and a small tablet are in my bag. In fact, the Surface is usually in a tote bag with a giant FRAGILE tag on it. I've never had a problem and wouldn't expect one.

You can't discount a room being ready.
If it's not, bell services is great. We give them everything. They aren't going to pilfer through your stuff :)

You can't discount a room being ready.
If it's not, bell services is great. We give them everything. They aren't going to pilfer through your stuff :)

Agreed - if you go to the resort to drop off your stuff with Bell Services (which is what we would do), it can't hurt to check on your room. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised that a room is ready and available - then you put your bags in your room! But we have always had good experiences with Bell Services, and wouldn't hesitate to leave most things with them. NOTE: all/most of the parks to have lockers, too. Depending on the size of your bag, that might be an option for some of your more valuable items.

Agreed - if you go to the resort to drop off your stuff with Bell Services (which is what we would do), it can't hurt to check on your room. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised that a room is ready and available - then you put your bags in your room! But we have always had good experiences with Bell Services, and wouldn't hesitate to leave most things with them. NOTE: all/most of the parks to have lockers, too. Depending on the size of your bag, that might be an option for some of your more valuable items.
Be aware, in addition to the size limit of the locker, these are all inside the park so you will have to go through security with the bag. Outside the park lockers have all been removed, for those who may not know

Be aware, in addition to the size limit of the locker, these are all inside the park so you will have to go through security with the bag. Outside the park lockers have all been removed, for those who may not know

Found that out at Epcot the hard way last March.

Our flight lands at 9 AM, so obviously we won't be able to check into our room any time soon. So we'll head to the parks for the day. Magical Express will pop our suitcases into the room later that afternoon. But what do we do about carry ons? Do we head to the hotel first and leave them with the front desk? Or do we bring them with us to the park? They will be full of iPads, headphones, books, etc. from the plane ride. On the one hand, I don't want to lug it around the park. But on the other hand, I don't know if I want to leave >$1K worth of electronics with the front desk.

Thanks for any advice!
It is not Obvious at all. You can check in to your room as early as 7 AM.
You would leave your carry ons with Bell Services at a Moderate or Deluxe, and Luggage Assistants at Values, NOT the Front Desk It is safe

I’ve left my carry on with Bell Services, I do have a lock on it, but I’ve never had anything gone missing. Sometimes our room is ready.

Thanks for any advice!
Well, I did see multiple people at Epcot weekend before last with full size cases just rolling them around, but you don't have to do that. I always get in to MCO around 8:30-9 am, take DME to the resort, and leave my carry-on with bell services. Head to the park, go back later and retrieve my bag on the way to the room (I could have them deliver it, but they always take forever so I just take it myself). I've left bags with laptops and other electronics, and it's always safe.

We left everything in our carry on bags plus two bottles of liquor we bought on our cruise plus our suitcases with bell services two weeks ago. Just took my purse and DH took his wallet. No problems at all; very convenient. We just stopped by bell services on our way back from the parks that evening to pick up our bags.

Magical Express will only take you to your hotel not the parks directly. So, either way, you are stopping at the hotel. Drop your carryons with bell services if your room isn't ready BUT LOCK YOUR BAGS if you are leaving electronics.

You can also ask for things of value to be put "in the cage" hubby's work laptop comes everywhere with us and it too valuable to just leave with everything else. It's just like it sounds, big, very secure area within bell services. When we left POFQ a few weeks ago it got stored under the manager's desk because she heard him ask for his "beast to be caged". She chuckled, came over and said she'd be happy to keep it at her feet!

We just left our bags with bell services this morning while we went to DHS after we landed. Lots of electronics in unlocked bags. Never had an issue.

As mentioned, bell services is who stores bags - not the front desk. At the resorts I have stayed at, bell services is typically just outside the main entrance near the front driveway. They will tag your bags and give you a claim ticket. Its customary to tip the person who takes your bag and the person who brings you your bag when you retrieve it, whether you call from your room to have it delivered or whether you pick it up from bell services yourself.

Also, as a note, if you bring any bags into the park, they will have to be searched at security. And rolling luggage, even of carry on size, is not permitted on Disney transportation (except Magical Express of course).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter