• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do on departure day when you have a later flight?

Great news is...you could really leverage your fastpasses to get the most out of a park.

We have done all the parks and water parks on the last day. We usually have a 5 or 6 pm flight. We also always have a rental car.

If there is not a good chance of storms, we really enjoy doing the water park on the last day. Its relaxing and with packing up and leaving you don't have to be there quite as early. The last time we did this though we got caught in torrential downpours for over 2 hours and it was absolutely miserable so I wouldn't recommend unless there is no significant rain in forecast.

We have found Epcot and AK incredibly easy to visit for a morning/early afternoon. Plus both have very easy walks/trams to the car. Epcot is also right at the edge of property on the side where you pick up 417 back to the airport so you don't have to leave as early from the parks.

I like doing MK the best....but it can get very hectic there especially if it is a busy Saturday. But there are just so many attractions here that between the 3 FP+ and the 4th and beyond option plus some standby you can do quite a bit without rushing around. My only negative here is the stress of getting back out to the car and the time that takes if you cut it too close.

I would never enjoy sitting at the resort or pool or DTD on the last day. That just isn't a great value to us but to each their own.

We also pack up the night before and spend the last day using a few FP's at MK have a relaxing sit down lunch(BOG this coming trip) and then head back to the resort for DME.

We also pack up the night before and spend the last day using a few FP's at MK have a relaxing sit down lunch(BOG this coming trip) and then head back to the resort for DME.
This is our plan on the day we leave except switch BOG for Chef Mickey Brunch. Seems fitting to spend our last minutes at WDW with the mouse :)

Usually we drive and go to MK for a few hours.

This trip we are flying. We are staying at the BC and have Cape May Cafe booked for a late breakfast ADR. Our flight is at 4:25 so planning to catch DME around 1 so we will just hang around the resort.

We always seem to have a morning flight so this doesn't happen to us :( The most we've done was go to MK for one last Dole Whip, last ride on Space Mt, and run back to the hotel to catch our ride.

My sister had a late flight on our last trip, and she spent the day with us at Epcot.

This is our first time having a later evening flight (7:30pm) on departure day, and I can't decide what we should do. We'll have extra WPF&M entries, and could have an extra day on our park tickets as well. (I was going to downgrade from 8 days to 7 days but may keep the day now since it's so little cost. Then if we want to go to a park before we fly out, we can.)

We're staying at AoA, and our girls are 6 and 2. We'll be out late at MK the night before so I don't anticipate us getting up and out until near check out time. That would put us at getting somewhere around 12:00, and we'd have to leave by probably 3:30 for a 4:30 ME pick up. What would you do with 3-4 hours on departure day?

Drop to 7 days and just do Downtown Disney for some souvenir shopping and lunch before you leave. Remember, Magical Express picks you up at the hotel 3 hours before your flight. So you'd have to be packed and ready and in the lobby by about 4:15pm, and since you have little kids, it might be cutting it too close and risking being late if you do a park. And it'll cut costs to just do 7 days instead of 8. Do the pool for a little when you wake up, then go to DTD for lunch and last minute souvenir shopping and then head back to the hotel.

First trip we had half a day at MK bnd I think it made us too sad to leave! Then second trip we hung out at the resort, was ok. This time DME doesn't pick us up until 3 so we will most likely go back to a park. But we won't plan..the night before or even that mrinng we will see where we want to go and wing it. We have 7 other park days so I think it will be ok no matter what.

Early lunch at Beaches n' Cream. it's become a tradition: a cheeseburger, fries and cherry coke with a No Way Jose for dessert.

This is our first time having a later evening flight (7:30pm) on departure day, and I can't decide what we should do. We'll have extra WPF&M entries, and could have an extra day on our park tickets as well. (I was going to downgrade from 8 days to 7 days but may keep the day now since it's so little cost. Then if we want to go to a park before we fly out, we can.)

We're staying at AoA, and our girls are 6 and 2. We'll be out late at MK the night before so I don't anticipate us getting up and out until near check out time. That would put us at getting somewhere around 12:00, and we'd have to leave by probably 3:30 for a 4:30 ME pick up. What would you do with 3-4 hours on departure day?
We usually spend our last day wandering Downtown Disney, doing our last minute shopping and soaking up every last bit of Disney (usually spending a LOOOOOOONG time in the Disney Store) before leaving!

I booked brunch at Chef Mickey's, but that puts us at one too many TS meals for our dining plan so I'll have to talk to the wife and see if we want to cancel another meal (or pay OOP for one) to go to CM. I kind of like the idea of going to CM and then riding the monorail around to the different resorts but I think if we're that close to MK DD will be clamoring to go in for some last rides. And I don't know that we'd have time for both. I definitely don't want to be rushing to get back to AoA to catch the ME bus. Decisions are the worst. ;)

On check out day you can use everything at the resort -- pool, bell services, laundry room, etc. -- in the same manner as a guest staying another night, with the exception of the room itself. All the way until the last park closes and you get back on the park bus (for you all the way until your Magical Express bus leaves for the airport).

Now you don't need to ask.

If you leave the resort, shoot to be back an hour before your DME bus time.

We had a 7pm flight a few yrs ago. I was up at 6 (some day I will sleep in...sigh...), did the final load of laundry (minus what we slept in) while dh and the kids slept. Brought it back to the room and dh was finally awake and kicked me out to the pool to get a table/shady spot.

The kids eventually came out and dh did the final packing/walk thru. Made the kids sit at the table while dh and I went back to the room a pad grabbed our bags to store...sad sad day....

So basically we stayed at the pool. It was a nice relaxing end to the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter