What do you Do on your last day at BWV?

tss2

DVC BWV and VB
We are going on our first trip home to BWV in a month. We had late plane reservations for the trip back home so I had planned several things we would do during our last day at WDW. NWA has changed our return trip twice already from 7:30 pm to 3:30 pm. We have never stayed at BWV so wondered what were some suggestions to do that last day when you don't have lots of time. With current situations I'm assuming we might have to leave for the airport around noon that day. Thanks for any advice on some things we can do to make our last day special.

You can really do anything. Leave your bags with the bell captain. Play mini-golf, if you have tix still, go to epcot, mgm, hang by the pool, check out different resorts. DVC member: pool hop. Not a DVC member: take the DVC tour. Pretty much, eat, swim and have fun.

Our family tradition for our last day at BWV is to check out, leave our bags at the bell station and then head out to a character breakfast in one of the parks or over at the Yacht or Beach Club.

We then swim either at Storm Along Bay until lunch. Then we head to the quiet pool at BW where we lounge under one of the cabana thingies. We have lunch ... usual a picnic like lunch that I throw together and ask the bell station to keep in the frig for us. We then use the outside showers to rinse off and then head to the bathrooms at Community Hall to change into our traveling clothes.

We usual have a 4 p.m. or later flight.

Even our DD, who is now 8, enjoys this tradition.

Have fun!

During our stay we write down the things we want to buy as gifts,then spend the last few hrs before we leave shopping at DTD. We'll grab lunch and then hit the road.

First off, those are two words I hate to hear, but we will go to breakfast either at the Bakery or Spoodles (they used to have a great buffet....but now it's menu only). Then we head back to the room and check out. Next it's over to Downtown Disney for shopping and lunch. Lunch is always at the House of Blues. We'll head back to the resort and partake in a few adult beverages and wait for the towncar to pick us up....I hate leaving. We generally have a late flight - 8p or 830.

Only 15 days until I'm back home - OKW this time...yea!!!!!:jester:

Since you say you'll have to leave for the airport around noon, there's not much time to really do much, maybe some last minute shopping at DD, myself, I'd pack most everything the night before and then sleep in till 9:30 since it might be a long travel day, take a quick shower and out of the room at 11, walk around the BW one last time and then head out.

i'm with Lesley- CRY! sometimes we'll get up early and go over to cape may buffet for breakfast or finish off (usually not likely when travelling with hollow teens) any leftover breakfast items or fruit. get bell services up to get luggage. maybe hit epcot for an hour or two. beaches and cream or espn for lunch then on to the airport.

I just returned from BWV two weeks ago today. Our flight did not leave until 5:35, so our Tiffany Towncar driver picked us up at 3:00. Check-in at the airport took less than one hour, so we still had to sit and wait to board.

On our last day, I was up and out the door by 7 AM to stop at the Bakery for breakfast and one last walk around the lake to take final pictures. By the time I returned to our villa at 8:45, my 3 friends were up and getting ready. We checked out and left our bags with the bell staff, but kept a bag with swimsuits for the afternoon.

We then took off for DTD to shop for a few hours, followed by lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express (I highly recommend the BBQ chicken pizza). After lunch, we went back to BWV and had dessert at the Bakery, then went swimming at the Luna Park Pool (which had just re-opened that morning after several weeks of rehab). About 2:30, we used the restrooms at the pool to dress and dry our hair for the trip home.

As others have already said above, it's always so hard to leave. I'm already counting the months till I can go again.

Our last day is always shopping at DTD and something at Giardelli's! After shopping, we go back to the trunk of the car and try to rearrange everything we bought to fit in our luggage and carry ons. Here's a hint ...we have a couple pieces collapsible luggage that we pack in the botom of our luggage on the trip down so that we have extra room for souveniers on the way home!!:D We go down with two pieces of luggage and come hoe with 3 or 4!!! and it's all on the last day that they really get filled up!!

I pack a picnic lunch from what's left in the fridge, and we eat by the pool after check out and leaving our bags with bell services. It gives us some relaxing time to enjoy the quiet atmosphere for those last few moments and take in all those sights and sounds for memories till next time. Oh yeah, then we cry! ;)

Our flight on our last day is usually mid-afternoon, but we do have a couple "last morning" rituals. I get up early and take a last final walk alone around the Boardwalk. Very few people out at that time, and its so peaceful and reflective. I take a few pictures along the way, and just savor the feeling. Then we go to the Character Breakfast at the Beach Club. My kids are a little old for all the character stuff, so this gives me a nice chance to get at least a few pictures of them with a character. The timing is usually just right for the 11:00 check-out, then off to the airport.

We like to go to World of Disney and do the last minute shopping. Of course at that point I would like to take every souvenir home so we probably buy at lot more that we should since I'm so sentamental.

If you're going to have to leave WDW by noon, you're best bet is to take it easy waking up, eat something at the BW,maybe the bakery??? Or Beaches and Cream and go. I don't think you'll have time to go to far...you don't want to be racing to the airport ike a nut at the last minute!

We usually have a late afternoon/early evening flight out. We like to pack everything into our rental car and hit the parks one last time to get our fix on our favorites before heading home. We have one last PS at Teppanyaki dinning rooms around 1 and head back to our car after that. We stop for some last minute shopping at DTD and head for the airport. Last year, our guests spent the early morning until 3 P.M. hitting all their favorite rides in ALL the parks before meeting us to leave for the airport. I know it sounds crazy, but that last Park commando day gives us a good ending to our Disney fix that has to last us a while.

CRY ~ really :-). On our last day we try to hit any one ride the kids desperately want to go on one more time before next year. If there are none of those then we usually hit downtown Disney one more time for last minute have to haves :-). Then I cry some more :-)

18 days to go!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We had a 4 p.m. return flight our last day at BWV. Having to be at airport at least 2 hours early and leaving time for returning rental car, we left for airport around 1:00.

We played miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens then had a nice lunch at the Yacht Club Galley.

I always go to MK for my last park of the trip. I usually don't ride anything, I just walk around soak up the atmosphere and feel sad. Then I buy some WDW snacks to take home like the marshmallows on a stick covered in choc w/M&Ms, Mickey truffles, Mickey shortbread cookies, etc and then take one last monorail ride and head back to BWV to go to the airport. I must say, since joining DVC almost 3 years ago, I know I will be back again in 3-4 months, so the departing day from WDW is a lot less painful. :)

:( Truth is I usually cry. It doesnt't matter what resort I stay in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter