What do you do when there is no shuttle at the Hotel at CB?

musicgirl

DIS Veteran
We are looking into hotels for our upcoming trip at Cocoa Beach.
I know many people pick the radisson, but we would like to be on the beach or very close. I've checked out Dave's list for hotels to try to find a reasonable rate with a shuttle service (free or able to arrange for one). I've called a number of hotels and was surprised at how many told me that they didn't have a shuttle.
Many did not have rates for June of next year, so I was told that they didn't know if shuttles would be included or even available next year.

How does everyone else get to the port? Do you use taxis, call a shuttle service yourself? We have a towncar service to the hotel, so we won't have a rental car?

This past year we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott with a shuttle provided to the port. The hotel was nice and not far from the beach (5 min. walk). We ended up eating dinner at the hotel due to a terrible storm. The food selection was limited and it tasted just ok. The drinks were not good-how do you mess up a margarita? Even though it was all straightened out, we had problems with the details of the reservation. They seemed a little mis-informed at the front desk eveytime I called and when we arrived. Some didn't know what was included in the cruise package, some didn't even know that there was a cruise package and when I tried to arrange an earlier pick up ( which I was told would be no problem at least twice during phone calls) they told me I couldn't do this.

Also, I'd like to know what other cruise packages are out there from hotels that are on or very close to the beach.

Thanks, Lorie

You might want to call Art's Shuttle at 800-567-5099. They provide the transportation for the cruise package for the Courtyard by Marriott and the Hampton Inn. Looking at their web site (www.artsshuttle.com), they mention that they offer package deals with some other hotels as well. Perhaps some of these hotels might offer a special package that includes the shuttle.

Lorie
I tried to reply to you a few days ago but my post got lost! We stayed at the Oceanside Inn (very basic but clean) which is right on the beach, at the pier, on the 4th July this year. We got a taxi to the Port. The front desk said it didn't need to be booked but in future I would as it took an hour to come - the port doesn't allow passengers to enter until 10.30am. The taxi fare was $15, including the tip.
Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the information. I've seen prices for the Oceanside advertised from $69-$180. When I called they quoted me $110-$131. Does this include breakfast? $15 plus a tip is not bad. I did call Art's shuttle and they said that they would do it for $3 pp. They mentioned specific hotels, but I think they will also arrange from anywhere.

I have been having trouble with my replies getting lost too. After I type it, when I try to post it, it tells me that I am not logged on.

Thanks again, Lorie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter