what do you do with luggage at port?

dianna-tn

Mouseketeer
Hi. I know that I'm probably asking another stupid question but here goes for my ignorance. If we use a car-town service, what do we do with our luggage when we get to port canveral? We went on the 7 day cruise 2 years ago but we took the bus. Once we put our luggage on the plane in Nashville, I never saw it again until we arrived in our cabin. I know that you folks will have the answer to this question. Thank you for helping with all of these silly questions.

Dianna

Your driver will be directed to a drop-off point out in the parking lot. Porters will take your luggage from you at that drop-off point and you will not see that luggage again until it is delivered to your stateroom. You and your party will then say goodbye to your driver, and then you walk to the terminal where you enter and check in for your cruise.

What Dave said! :) And don't forget you have to tip the porter (and your driver).

But I just wanted to let you know that there is NO such thing as a stupid question! :) Ask anything you need to know and there are so many resourceful people here, someone will know the answer.

Have a great time!
Cathy

There are large bin's out in the shuttle drop off area and the porters place your "checked" luggage in them. You will want to keep your carry on luggage with you, and be sure to have your cruise documents and photo ID with you for your walk up to the terminal building. DON'T leave it in your checked baggage!!

Hello,

I assume this is the same for those of us who stay at the Raddison and use their shuttle servicer over to the port on sailing day.

You guys are great, it's so nice to be able to read all of these posts and get answers to questions I don't even know to ask.

:D :D :D :D

First time cruiser here.

Can I add to this question... we are driving to the port. Do we park then walk our stuff to the port or can we do a drop off then go park? This is our first cruise, we have no idea what we are doing. We will be the ones walking around looking lost(if you see us push us in the right direction :D )

we are driving to the port. Do we park then walk our stuff to the port or can we do a drop off then go park?
I would drive up to the drop-off point, check your luggage with the porter, and let everyone out of the car except the driver. While s/he parks the car, everyone else can get in line for check-in (the entrance is around the corner from the luggage check-in point), and the driver can meet up with everyone else a few minutes later.

Worked for me!

I was wondering this same thing! I'm debating between DCL transport and town car...and wasn't sure what we would do with the luggage if we took the town car. I ditto the thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer all our questions. :)

If we are not using the Disney buses, do we still put the luggage tags on the luggage before checking it at the ship?

Originally posted by jlawall

If we are not using the Disney buses, do we still put the luggage tags on the luggage before checking it at the ship?
Yes, regardless of your mode of transportation, you will want to tag your luggage before you arrive at the terminal.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
Ya'll are great ! I'm so glad that we have these boards otherwise I'd be like the other poster running around in a daze not knowing what I'm doing. I still feel at times we are like the beverly
hillbillies going on a crusie. (lol)

thanks again,
Dianna

Yes, regardless of your mode of transportation, you will want to tag your luggage before you arrive at the terminal.

Or if you are like me and totally forget, the kindly porter will help you remember what you need to do!

(hey, hey...i've finally made it to triple digits :bounce: )

If you are flying in to MCO on your own (not with DCL air included in your package), don't put your tags on the bags until you have retrieved them at the airport.

Once your luggage arrives in your room onboard, take the tags off. Cruise Director Jim says that if you leave them on your bags when you return to MCO to go home, there is a good chance that your bags will return to the ship - because of the big yellow DCL tags.

Just to let you know, not all car services have to drop-off in the outside lot. That comes down to having the proper permits with the Port Authority. I'm a Porter at the terminal and we take car services all the time, but like stated above there will be a few sent to the outside lot. As far as drop-off at the curb, AprilN has it perfected. Exactly how it should be done:smooth:

Porter Bob,

What time can you pull up and drop your luggage at the DCL drop off area?

What time can hubby park at the Port parking area?

Thanks?

The curb is opened up at 10 and the parking is opened at the same time. Just a little tip-- luggage drop-off is busiest 12 - 2 on Wonder days and 12 - 3 on Magic days. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter