What do you inexplicably love doing?

Floating in the pool on a hot day

Practicing with DD18 - throwing softballs for her to hit and hitting buckets of balls for her to field

Reading a book when I go to bed

Working out

I get lost in an old cemetery. I wish I understood what I find so fascinating about them but they draw me in for some reason.

I have good friends who love to visit old cemeteries too. I went on a girl trip with them once to Amish country and we saw an old Amish cemetery which was gated. We asked an Amish lady who was walking nearby if we could enter to look at the old headstones. The lady granted us permission and we spent some time there looking at the different headstones. I confess that I am not one to do that again, but it was interesting. So, you are not alone in this.

I see I'm not alone in some of the things I love doing -

I love the feeling of purging old stuff and making space.
Yes! There is nothing better than getting rid of "stuff".
I love this time of year, when I can go into the basement to my potting bench and start my vegetable and herb seeds for the garden.
I've started clearing out my stumpery and watching as the ferns and daffodils start to come up. Tadpoles, turtles and wood ducks are back. I love putzing around down there in the woods.
I get lost in an old cemetery. I wish I understood what I find so fascinating about them but they draw me in for some reason.
Indeed, there is a quiet beauty - and a lot of history - in cemeteries.

You’re such a freak. :sad2: :laughing:

When I worked in veterinary medicine, I absolutely loved popping abscesses and cleaning maggot-infested wounds. Any of those quick-fix kind of procedures were totally my thing. The more pus, the better.

Oh wait, maybe I’m the freak. :sad: My apologies, @ronandannette

You had me until the maggots. 🤮

If I see them I start feeling nauseous. I swear it’s because of Poltergeist. That’s the scene that was on when I clicked onto HBO as kid — it damaged me for life. Cannot do maggots.

But I can watch a Dr. Pimple Popper marathon and not blink an eye!

I love planning be it a baby shower, vacation, camping trip, I’ll find the areas odd-ball attraction. I’ve seen the largest pair Of knitting needles, the “home of Superman”, and other cool places. I may not get to exotic locals, but I see fun stuff!

Cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood. I like to get exercise, but I always feel like jogging and other activities is an incredible waste of time. When I do firewood I get exercise and work done at the same time.

Planning via spreadsheet. I can spend hours in a good spreadsheet. I have my budget through 2032 in a spreadsheet with a tab for each year, I use it as a checkbook too. I have spreadsheets with vacations, holiday spending, etc. I've been making them for years. Prior to excel I did them in planners. I account for inflation, home maintenance, vehicle purchases. I have spreadsheets showing future SSI income and 401k spending. I do work in finance and it gives me peace of mind. So far so good. They are always changing but I love seeing how decisions made today can make big changes down the road. My grown DD is the same way. I think we are planners by nature. The best part is that when presented with a decision I can see the short and long term pros and cons.

I love looking at random cities on Google map to check out what kind of stores and restaurants they have. It is my virtual traveling. I will even street view and "walk" along the streets.

You’re such a freak. :sad2: :laughing:

When I worked in veterinary medicine, I absolutely loved popping abscesses and cleaning maggot-infested wounds. Any of those quick-fix kind of procedures were totally my thing. The more pus, the better.

Oh wait, maybe I’m the freak. :sad: My apologies, @ronandannette

Have you checked out "mango worms Gambia" on Youtube? You would love it.

Have you checked out "mango worms Gambia" on Youtube? You would love it.
I have now! Thank you!

That’s the best combo of maggots and the satisfying squeeze of an abscess rolled into one. I’m booking a flight to The Gambia as we speak! :laughing:

I love reading maps. Always have. It started with my Dad getting Trip Tiks from AAA when we drove to Canada each summer and I was the map reader for him in the car. My love of maps does not correlate, in my case, with not ever getting lost or taking a wrong turn. I do that all the time.

I love sorting and organizing! I’m sad that my kids are too old for Legos now. I would love to sort them by color. Maybe one day after I retire I’ll work part time in a Lego store.

I also love making goodie bags 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter