What do YOU want for Christmas?

This debate about spouses giving each other gifts is cracking me up! I'm one of those who really just don't care about gifts. We take several vacations a year and I just don't want a whole lot of things. But, if he is going to get me something, and most occasions I specifically tell him not to, then I do want it to be something thoughtful. For ex, one Mother's Day he bought me a $20 Magnolia tree. I loved this, and now I get some kind of tree or something every Mother's Day. A wonderful tradition and I love them.

But, one birthday, right after we bought a new vehicle, he bought me "custom made" floor mats for the new SUV. I just stared at it for a minute and then just started laughing. He was so embarrassed, he just kept telling me things like "but they're custom made," "but they're really expensive," "but they'll be so easy to keep clean with the kids...". He is a car and car accessory fanatic, so he really, truly could not fathom anyone not being so excited about this gift (bless his sweet heart!). So, for his birthday a couple of weeks later, I got him a toaster oven. When his moth fell open, I just started with "but it's stainless," "but you can cook a whole pizza in it..." etc. we have laughed so much about this over the years. And we both use the heck out of those crazy gifts!

Gift cards or cash. My job currently involves lots of travel/living away from home so I don't want anything that I have to carry!!

I've added to my list, and its a kitchen gadget lol
I would love the spiralizer attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer (that was a Mother's Day gift :) a few years ago).

My lists are a lot the same each year (we make up a list with pictures and all for DH's side- it's tradition). I always ask for 500-1000 pc jigsaw puzzles- Disney or otherwise fun and colorful, tops from Penneys or Kohls, DVDs to replace our VHS movies, Disney Christmas ornaments, piano or organ music books, some things for the kitchen.

I love gifts, giving and receiving them. My language of love is gifts lol. No shame in my game! I want a new Kindle Fire, a blanket scarf, a Godiva advent calendar and a large premium real leather tote in wine or camel. My husband doesn't like gifts as much, but we have a trip to Europe planned next September so I am getting him some packing cubes and a cool backpack/luggage thing that he saw on ebags. He is also getting a receiver because ours is on the fritz.

I love gifts, giving and receiving them. My language of love is gifts lol. No shame in my game! I want a new Kindle Fire, a blanket scarf, a Godiva advent calendar and a large premium real leather tote in wine or camel. My husband doesn't like gifts as much, but we have a trip to Europe planned next September so I am getting him some packing cubes and a cool backpack/luggage thing that he saw on ebags. He is also getting a receiver because ours is on the fritz.
My love language is gifts as well. I love giving and receiving gifts. I love kitchen stuff as gifts. Now if DH got me a vacuum cleaner, I wouldn't be happy. But I would accept it and use it to death.

I have recently taken to keeping QVC on in the background, and today bought a new set of Rachel Ray cookware. I'm so happy that I can donate our mismatched stuff and have a good set, and hinted to the family thats what I wanted....Also hoping for a couple of cookbooks I've got my eye on.

I won't ask for anything, DH bought us Dollywood season passes so I could see my friends more next year. We can start using them now and all of next year.

That being said, I would love to get new clothes. I am a tshirt and jeans kind of girl and my stuff is looking worn.

So, what are you asking for

. . . world peace
. . . end to hunger
1) Oops, sorry, I was thinking what Miss America is supposed to answer.
2) My Christmas List would include
. . . no one gets food poisoning from my Christmas turkey
. . . no one complains about my Christmas homily
. . . return of all the socks my clothes dryer "ate"

My mixer died. I have only had hand mixers. My DH got my a 5qt. Kitchen Aide and gave it to me already.
I love it so much. The price is why I would never buy one but it is worth every penny he paid.

I want a Vera Bradley purse, wallet, makeup bag, and ID. The pattern is discounted.

A Barnes and Noble gift card for my Nook.

I am not trying to attack anyone I am truly just curious for the people that want kitchen appliances do you really consider this a gift for yourself? I know that if DH would ever come up with something like that he better have the receipt and a big apology. I don't consider things for the house a gift for me.
I am not a kitchen person. My kitchen friends have flipped out that I want one. I take no offense at your question. It is something I want and it helps my husband out on my list. I originally went to buy it myself but my DH told me to put it on him. That left me several hundred dollars in my account that I can put on our trip to Discovery Cove that I want to do in April. There is nothing else big I wanted. I am surprised how much I am using it.

The one thing I asked for was a replacement school bag: a Vera tote by Vera Bradley, on Camofloral, which happens to be on sale. I sent my daughter the link, so she'll take care of it. My current one is getting a bit threadbare on the handles.

And when I was getting everyone Minnetonka moccasins at Famous Footwear, they were so cheap (buy one, get one 40% off, with an additional 15%off on Black Friday I think) that I got myself a pair too. It's wrapped and will be under the tree.

Honestly, I get a huge kick out of buying and wrapping Christmas gifts-- there's very little I want or need. I'll be happy with whatever I get.

I bought myself a snow thrower at Lowe's yesterday. My son in law brought it home for me. It is red and very xmasy looking. The debate was new shovel or snow thrower.

I am calling it my xmas gift to me and my neighbors. I've wanted one for years.

Now, I don't actually intend to operate this thing myself! It will be my neighbor's gift to me and mine to them when or if it snows here. On snowy days everyone comes out and pitches in to shovel. Last year it was a huge snow and the whole neighborhood was out. No one had a snow thrower except the guy who came through and was doing it for hire.

Several of us paid him to do some work with it and that's when I decided we would get one.

I got a new pair of tieks flats for work. Kind of unexciting, but they are pricey so I'm counting it as my Christmas gift.

I have an amazon wish list where I toss more things than I could possibly ever buy myself, so there's always options for DH. He also usually comes up with something I hadn't even thought of that's just perfect.

I would like a new set of flannel sheets for our bed and a kitchen aid hand mixer. My current hand mixer will only take one beater, so if I use it, I can only use one beater. It still works, but I fight with that thing each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter