What does Disney expect in 2002?

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
What is the latest thinking on how well WDW will fare in 2002? Are they more or less likely to offer the types of discounts found in 2001, when we got a fabulous deal at the Contemporary?

In short, will it be a good or bad year for bargain hunters? And, if there are expected bargains, when are those most likely to occur?

Thanks. Just doin a little Disney dreamin.

Happy Holidays

There was an previous post today that indicated that the DC discounts were going to be available year round (no black out dates). That is definitely different and better than years past. Keeping my fingers crossed as well for some great deals in 2002.

Yes DC rates are available but they are less than last year. And in my opinion they got them backwards. They give 15% on Value and moderate resorts, but only 10% at the deluxes. Very weird. Doesn't inspire a lot of people to go deluxe when the valuesd and mods are cheaper AND they get a bigger discount.

I think everything right now is in a major state of flux. Read a report that holidays are going to be busy, as in a respectable amount of people over last years attendance. And supposedly 1st quarter 2002 shows a lot of ressies compared to 2001. I don't think we'll see a lot of codes, etc if DIsney feels their attendance is rising to levels they deem acceptable. And I have no idea what that could be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter