What does the "Y" in DVC - Y stand for?

You cute little OR people are my favorites - Keeping things spicy. We’re a mix of resale and direct. Tee hee. :).
listen when I bought I had just had my first kid. noooooooo way in heck I could afford direct. I checked it out the restrictions were the first sets which blocked cruise and regular park hotels. my savings was over 40 grand. that was a no brainer. especially with paying cash and not having to take a loan out for a luxury in our eyes. so we got lucky with the whole white card blue card thing and at this point the perks we get aren't even a huge deal. once you have season passes you get the 10 percent off certain foods and the savings on season passes aren't that big of a deal with how expensive they are now anyway.

I haven't looked in years. what are resale points like vs direct regardless or restrictions? just comparing green bills to green bills of what is coming out of my wallet vs staying in it where it belongs?

Last edited:
I haven't looked in years. what are resale points like vs direct regardless or restrictions? just comparing green bills to green bills. carpeting what is coming out of my wallet vs staying in it where it belongs?
Who still spend cash,

This thread prompted me to check my wallet for DVC credentials and it has disappeared. Shows that I'm AP, and I did have DVD-Y the last time I checked it a few months ago. When I open MDE from my card in the wallet, it says DVC member, Annual Pass, but there's no DVC-Y. My wife's card still shows DVC-Y.

So I think I'd like that designation back on my card. Is this gonna be a huge hassle over the phone? Maybe I should wait till my next trip in March and deal with it in person? TIA for your thoughts and Happy New Year!

This thread prompted me to check my wallet for DVC credentials and it has disappeared. Shows that I'm AP, and I did have DVD-Y the last time I checked it a few months ago. When I open MDE from my card in the wallet, it says DVC member, Annual Pass, but there's no DVC-Y. My wife's card still shows DVC-Y.

So I think I'd like that designation back on my card. Is this gonna be a huge hassle over the phone? Maybe I should wait till my next trip in March and deal with it in person? TIA for your thoughts and Happy New Year!
It disappeared for me when I bought an annual pass. One quick phone call and they fixed it. They seemed to know exactly what needs to be done. It appears to me that some processes in other Disney systems can accidentally overwrite the status and they just have to add it again.

I had mine disappear once - did a chat and it was back in minutes. Hasn't disappeared since.

I was gunna add that if you’re DVC ‘Y’ due to grandfathering - you’re probably OLD (like me 😁)…
So are we old. If we weren't grandfathered, we would have been pretty angry, because we did initially buy direct, enough points to get blue cards benefits. But then we had such a terrible stay at our home resort (complained to DVC), we sold and bought resale at a different resort. So now virtually all our points are resale.

Your post prompted me to check my MagicMobile, and I was happy to see it still says DVC-Y. OTOH, it still says Annual, too, although we let our APs expire in March. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad!

I bought direct from Disney,
I did t pay full price,
I get a huge deal on park passes,

News flash, the “elite” don’t vacation at Disney, unless there is a Disney in St BART’s or the Turks

So being DVC Y saves me 8000k a year… after 10 years I’m pretty sure the difference between resale and direct is a wash..

I’m 19 years into DVC, I paid less for my points than any resale contract…

My children, we also get these savings moving forward….

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but how does having DVC-Y save you $8000 a year?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter