What Food Rocked your world in Orlando?

marvel

DIS Veteran
Getting excited about all the great food at WDW, and wondering what particular meal, dish, snack etc, really set you off. What amazed and excited you? Could be a venue itself and meal, or just a cupcake.

We still talk about the Satay chicken at Kona Cafe which we got the recipe for an still cook at home. And although its a major major chain, the kids love Panda Express, still talk about the accidently way we ended up trying it for the first time.

Marvel - You must be getting close to another trip if you're back posting! Have fun!

I actually enjoyed the Fish and Chips at the Yorkshire F&C quick service in England, Epcot. I think it has to do with the hake fish they use. It is a bit more fishy than the fish we use in Oz....and it just reminds me of being in the UK.

I also like Raglan Road for the ambience. It can be noisy but if you're looking for a fun time, it might do the trick.
Sci Fi is also a lot of fun.

I have to say that I really like Food and Wine.

Otherwise:
  • Butterfinger cupcakes - we share one between the 3 of us and it's about right then. :rotfl:
  • DoleWhip Float

And it's closing soon. But I thought the saganaki at Cat Cora's Kouzzina was heavenly.

Oooooh, soo much food...

Heh.

Definitely the currywurst from counter service at Germany, Epcot. (DH could have eaten almost the entirety of the caramel store too).

I quite liked the food at the Sci Fi diner too - the Oreo milkshake totally tasted like Oreos which was fun.

In MK there was a little counter service place in Fantasyland that sold Mac'n'Cheese "Burgers" - little bowls of Mac'n'cheese with hamburger flavoured toppings.

I was kinda sick while we were at Universal, so all I remember fondly from there is Butterbeer and Dipping Dots icecream.

Our entire meal at Sanaa and well....not a surprise, but Victoria and Albert's. It was as good as we had heard and worth every penny.

Oh there is so many to choose from. One of my students today was excited because after school he was going to have a toffee apple, I could not resist showing the class the caramel apples at disney. They all wanted to come on holidays with me just for them. I have never had one, but gosh they are decorated well.

We all loved Kouzzina and glad to being able to have one last chance to eat there before they close.

50s Diner, loved it there, I loved the meatloaf (I know very boring) but it reminded me of the meatloaf my mum made when I was little.

I have a list of different foods we want to try this holiday, cant wait;)

The places I loved the most were mainly due to atmosphere (e.g. 50's Primetime, Biergarten, Sanaa, Crystal Palace etc).

However, if I had to base my decision purely on food, I would say:

- The frozen lemonade and mini doughnuts at Typhoon Lagoon
- Most of the food we tried at Yak and Yeti, but particularly the pineapple wontons.
- The Boardwalk Bakery
- Mythos at Universal IOA. Particularly the fish tacos.
- The Singapore stand at the F&W Festival
- The bread/naan and dips selection at Sanaa.

In saying that, I don't anything above "rocked my world". It was all delicious, but not in my top 10 of all time favourite meals.

It can't be classified as 'Orlando', but Palo on the Disney Fantasy was the best meal I've ever had.

I have to add that my children love chicken parmigiana so Via Napoli was a huge hit for them. they are really looking forward to going back just so that they can have it again.

Wanderlust I am looking forward to trying this butterbeer I have heard so much about.

I am a sucker for any Bakery, main street was great and so was the Boardwalk.

I should be studying but I just cant seem to focus. Thought I would add some pics to all this wonderful food talk

Breakfast at Kouzzinas

Dessert at 50s - my kids insisted we go back just so they can have this dessert.

And of course what makes 50's so great is what happens when you dont do the right thing

If you dont eat all your greens, then its greens with whipped cream for dessert.

The greens with whipped cream is hilarious. I loved that place so much. DH, DS, and I were laughing from the minute we walked in.

I've heard that Butterbeer is an acquired taste, but all of my family thought it was delicious. When DS and I decided it was time to stop for an ice cream break, DH traipsed half way across the park to get another Butterbeer instead. :)

Under 20 days to go so getting excited and nervous since we are going without any ADR's living life on the edge! although mostly because I dont have the time I used to have to spend on the boards.

Some interesting ideas, I have been tossing up between 50's prime time and Sci Fi diner. leaning toward sci fi at the moment.

Didnt find ourselves very fond of butterbeer although I really wanted to love it. Anyone been to narcoosee's? not sure if we even can get in, but looks like a good choice for watching Wishes and having a nice meal.

Loved Dole whips and floats !!

Lots of favourites, but this is restricted to Rock your World, so: -

Aloha Isle, Magic Kingdom: -
Pineapple Float (Pineapple Dole whip plus Pineapple Juice).

Captain Cooks, Polynesian (moving as part of renovation though): -
Self-serve Pineapple Dole Whip, made it SO big.

1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian: -
Strawberry Soup.

It just goes to show that we are all so different in our opinion of what makes flavorsome food and drink. :)

I loved Butterbeer, but was in the 'I don't understand' camp as far as dole whips go. With all the hype I was expecting a taste sensation like no other, but it pretty much tasted exactly as I expected - pineapple juice with soft serve on top. :confused:

I've never actually had a dole whip float.

The pineapple soft serve is decadent enough for me.

We even had some at Dole plantation when we were in Hawaii :)

And these two dishes from Victoria and Albert's

Disney2012095_zps314a2a7e.jpg

Disney2012079_zps357dfebb.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter