What hotel won't you stay at solo?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I was just wondering if anyone had a hotel at WDW that they would not want to stay at solo. If so, where? Why? I think I'd hesitate to stay at OKW, for the same reason DH and I love it so much on our family trips. It just seems a little further out of the way. When we go together, we're usually there for a week, and love going back to rest and get away from all the activity. I like to be closer to the action when I'm solo and only going for 3 or 4 days. For the same reason, I'd probably not pick the cabins at FW.

I don't think I would stay offsite as a solo, simply because I wouldn't want to rent a car and drive.

OKW is a gorgeous resort but I agree it's a little far from the action.

I prefer to stay in the Boardwalk area :)

I would hesitate to spend a lot of money on a room if I went solo. But, if I lived farther and made a big vacation out of it, I'd splurge on myself (if I had the $).

Any WDW resorts is fine - off site there are some I won't stay - but I recently stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista solo and it was fine -

I like OKW solo - I love the place for an early morning walk and after a hard day at the park - it is nice to relax there. I also like VWL for relaxing - the problem is that I don't want to go to the parks when we stay there - I just love to look around the resort - it has a bunch of fun stuff.

Despite the fact that I own at BWV as well - it just never has feel like home - I like a more laid back place - BW is just to activity for my taste. but hey everyone is different that what makes the world fun!!!

this december I am going to try the value resorts solo - that will be interesting!

They have not built a WDW resort yet that I would not stay in whether I was solo or with family and friends, as long as it is in WDW I like it!! But my favorite resort to stay in whether I am solo or with others is BWV. I love the total atmosphere, location and the convenience of this resort. I also think OKW a better place to be when staying with others vs solo; for a solo it is pretty boring because you do not tend to meet other people as easily there due to the layout of the buildings and the overall resort. At the other deluxe resorts you run into people all the time in the lobby, in the elevator or on the boardwalk etc and can start some very interesting conversations with people from all over.

Again I don't think there would be any resort I wouldn't want to stay in at WDW solo - I agree off-site wouldn't be so fun and I wouldn't feel so safe.

I think the last place I would want to stay as a solo would be the All Star Resorts. In all fairness, I have not stayed there, but it appears very child oriented and I feel that it would be a "loud" place to stay. Friends of mine have stayed there and said that it was a nice place, but the rooms were awfully small.

The last couple of years I have stayed at POR, which is a great place to stay solo. This year I was going to be at CBR but due to the changes, I am now staying at the Polynesian. I am so excited!

I just bought into the BCV and will eventually stay there. I went to look at the accomadations a couple of weeks ago and it is wonderful. Deluxe living at moderate pricing.

No matter how crazy my friends and family think I am because I travel alone, I have found that I just love it. It is now my regular vacation each year. DH may come and stay the weekend but then I will have the remainder of the week to myself.

:wave:

Is very quiet if you know WHAT building to stay at.;) I stay here ALL the time, and just came back from it last week. Planning on going again in Feb.!;)

I know this post is "Where you wouldn't stay solo," but I want to post a responce. The last two times I went I stayed at the POFQ. The first time I went with a friend, the seconde time I went by myself and loved it. I don't think, as a solo traveler, I would want to stay at one of the delux resorts...I think I'd feel a little weird. Hey Poohbear123, what bldg do you stay at in order to get a quiet moment at the All-Stars? I've not stayed there and I'm looking into it for next fall.

steven

the studios at the DVC resorts - that have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa - are perfect for solo's - VWL, BCV and BWV - now I would probably feel funny in a 1-bedroom by myself - but a studio is great for solo trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter