what I want to know is....

I usually do. I probably will be this Saturday. I'm assuming park hopping is allowed in your description as we're planning on going to DCA in the evening and riding a few rides and watching the Electrical Parade.

disneegrl4eva said:
how many of you die hards open and close the park without leaving? :wave:like me :goodvibes

Well we sometimes leave one park to go to another... does that count?

Definitely! We were in DL last Nov with the kids (10 & 5) and all four of us went non stop all day morning to night. We were a sad lot walking back to PP but our kids were troopers, they along with us didn't want to miss a moment of the parks! I think one thing that makes this possible is by staying at the PP and having our packages delivered right to the hotel the next morning, so we aren't carrying around tons of souvenirs.

My family almost always does. Of course we go off-season with small kids so it's not 9-midnight.. but still a long time for a 2yo. :)

We usually have the intention to, but then an hour or so before park closing we find that we have done what we want to do.

Usually...on a really busy day we might head to DCA for a while in the afternoon though. DH will sometimes take a break for a swim at the hotel in the afternoon (his capacity for DL is much more limited than mine or DD's!). :rotfl2:

Dh and I used to do that before we had kids. The last couple trips we've taken short breaks mid day for the kids (4 and 7 last trip). But, even with a short break we manage long days- open at 8, break from about 3-5, then stay at the parks until 12 or after. The last trip we caught the 12:45 shuttle back to the candy cane more times then I would like to remember!

I never have because there was always someone who needed a nap! DD, Great grandmother...me! We have 2 trips for sure in the future - this year for DD & me (not sure we could pull off ALL DAY) then '08 the 4 of us will go for my sons 1st trip - it won't happen then either. But I'm ok w/ that, I enjoy rejuvenation! :)

Just did it this past Tuesday, granted it was only 9-9. I would have stayed til midnight if they'd let me. My friend had to drag me out of there saying "The park is closed now, we have to go!"

I always go from opening to closing when in DLR or WDW. I have a small child so i just bring my mom along to act as nanny so i can get there early and stay after my DD5 gets worn out. My mom rocks! :thumbsup2

I cant imagine not being there from open to close.... Thats my plan for October. Although the hours are shorter, it gives me an even better reason to go at open and stay till close.

I have but always did that with parkhopping, I have to be honest, I can't see me being in the magic kingdom from opening till closing :cheer2:

Before we got AP's, we would do that. Now we don't need to. We come for a few hours, then go home, knowing we can come back any time we want.

We do it all the time! We do park hop, and occasionally one of us (usually DH!) will run back to the room to restock supplies like diapers and wipes and get the evening sweatshirts and jackets. Last time we never got back to the room before 1am, but my kids are troopers (5, 3 and 7 months on last trip) and can hang till the end without a single meltdown! They go to bed late at home due to DH's schedule so they have no problems at night! We just hate to leave!

Andrea

We did leave one time on this last trip to enjoy the GCH pool and I couldn't stand it, it was nice but I was itching to get back to the parks quick!

you are not alone, and we probably go for 5 day tickets and stay every hour allowed and wish there were more. My boss says I am addicted...... :)

Oh, yes we do!

On our last trip in June, we were there 3 days in a row, pretty much opening to close! Actually, two of those days were EE, so we were EE to close! (7AM to 12AM). My boyfriend was moaning, "17 hours in the park.... we spent 17 HOURS in DL!!!" Poor guy!

I don't know if it's like this for anyone else, but it just feels plain wrong if we don't get in within a half hour of opening! I love that fresh feeling in the AM, the whole day ahead of you, bright and early, etc., etc. One morning we came at around 10 or 11ish, and I just felt messed up! LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter