• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is everyone doing with their one day MYW base tickets??

klh999

Mouseketeer
Since it looks like many of us booked the free dining package with one day MYW base tickets because of AP/previous tickets, i am Just wondering what everyone plans on doing with their one day base tickets?? I am looking for some creative ways to use them!!

We had already purchased three day tickets. We changed our plans, purchased an extra day at the resort, and are going to AK, too!

I'm taking my son and D-I-L in Sept. I have an AP, but they do not. I bought us all 7 day MYW with the plus options. I'll use my AP to get discounted tickets for myself for the water parks, DQ, and PI. I'll then use my MYW ticket next year after my AP expires, since I wasn't planning on renewing my AP anyway. If I change my mind and decide to buy an AP later I'll use the MYW ticket toward it's renewal and have $248.16 paid toward a new AP.

Well we were going to do 1 day tickets and then I realized, if I had the money now to just get 7 day tickets. I may even up it to 10 with no expiration.

We are staying 9 days so a 7 day hopper with expiration is what all 3 of us got. DH and I have some days left over on old hopper tickets and dd has 3 days left on hers so really we didn't need 7 days but needed at least a 3 day for DH and dd. We decided that since the tix get SO much cheaper as you get higher - we splurged. Really it was only a $9 difference for us to get 7 day hoppers then 4 day hoppers. :earseek: It only will cost us a $1 each to go to the parks the last 3 days :cool1: Well actually since I have an AP, I will save my pass (even w/ expiration, it doesn't start until the 1st day you use it, not receive it) and either use it to buy my next AP or just use it another trip if I decide to not to renew. Heck, the general dining option is much better then the AP rates for fall even w/ 20% of meals. If this keeps up, AP's won't be that valuable unless you truly go to Disney ALOT in one year!!

Can other people use the one day park hopper? That is a great idea but I thought they were encoded witht the name of the person registered on the package. Are they strict about only that person using the ticket?

I also have the 1 day ticket dining package and have been wondering if I should add more days or use the 3 day Park Hoppers that I have leftover.

I might go to the Disney Desk after we check in and see if I can exchange my Park Hoppers for an extension on the 1 day ticket.

Still thinking! I have 'til October. :rolleyes1

klh999 said:
Can other people use the one day park hopper? That is a great idea but I thought they were encoded witht the name of the person registered on the package. Are they strict about only that person using the ticket?

I can't imagine them asking a child or junior for an ID (especially since most don't have one). Since this is the only day the ticket will be used, the biometric will be encoded by the person using it.

My GS plans to use his 1 day ticket to apply it to his AP renewal...I checked with GS and they said this was OK to do.

The others in our group plan to use theirs as one day tickets, unless they change their minds and upgrade. Keep in mind that have to be upgraded at guest services at DTD or one of the parks, this cannot be done at the resort.

I plan on using it to go to the park on arrival day. We are going for 4 nights, 5 days, and have 3 days each left on old hopper passes, so originally weren't planning on doing a park on arrival or departure day. We only paid a total of $200 more for the dining package w/ the 1 day pass (for 2 adults) than we would have for the room only w/ aaa discount, so now we get to go to the park the day we arrive, plus all that food! No wasting a hopper on a day when we'll only have time for 1 park anyway.

my friend said that you can put it towards your next AP if you're planning to renew anyways.
I don't know how it works exactly but she said the CM confirmed that it could be done.

Hi
I was looking into booking this package through expedia to get a better deal on airfare. If I were to book with 7 park hopper passes how long would they be good? We have annual passes now and I'm not sure when we will be going back to Disney. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Barb

Here's the MYW info:
Regular Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days after their first use.

No Expiration Option - Regular Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days after their first use. Choosing the No Expiration option means you are free to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time. Extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is:

7-day ticket $55 ($58.58 w/tax)

DD & I have Ap's. But DH does not. Our TA said he could use all 3 one day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter