What is it about Disney?

craftymama71

Mouseketeer
For me, I had always wanted to go when I was young, but I never thought I would, so I kind of let go of the whole dream.

When we were sent to America in 2008 for DH's job, I was so excited to go to New York, DC and other places. We decided on our way home to take DD to Disneyland for her 11th birthday. I have to admit, I really wasn't all that excited about going. But as soon as we got there, I was hooked. I can't pinpoint what it was or what it is that makes me want to keep going back. I want to visit other countries so much, but I always end up dreaming about going back to Disney. (My love of America doesn't help either ;) )

What draws you to Disney time after time?

I think for me it's the memory I have of sitting and watching The Wonderful World Of Disney and every now and then they would have a special on showing Disneyland, and I would sit there and watch in awe and wonder if I would ever get there.

So, yes, I did get there, twice so far, and as I walk down main street I remember that this is a place I always wanted to visit, and it takes me back to my childhood.
Now I get to show my DS the happiest place on earth!

I think for me it's the memory I have of sitting and watching The Wonderful World Of Disney and every now and then they would have a special on showing Disneyland, and I would sit there and watch in awe and wonder if I would ever get there.

So, yes, I did get there, twice so far, and as I walk down main street I remember that this is a place I always wanted to visit, and it takes me back to my childhood.
Now I get to show my DS the happiest place on earth!

Exactly what Becpee said. The first time I walked through the gates it was nighttime and Main Street was all lit up and I thought, wow it is so much better than I even dreamed when watching The Wonderful World of Disney as a child.

Exactly what Becpee said. The first time I walked through the gates it was nighttime and Main Street was all lit up and I thought, wow it is so much better than I even dreamed when watching The Wonderful World of Disney as a child.

mee toooooo...i get a tear in the eye when I get to the main turnstiles...i have to hold it togeather when I walk thru the tunnel..dont want DH to think I'm soft.:sad:

I do have a little cry/sequel when I get on space mt for the first time:goodvibes

damn you wonderful world of Disney!

What everyone else has said! Plus I think that the Disney company just gets it right! They know how to make us happy. A friend and I always joke that it "wouldn't happen at Disneyland" when at work our bosses decide to do something "wonderful" and make our lives/jobs "easier"..!!! :lmao:
I first went to WDW in the 80's when it was just MK and Epcot (and even that wasn't finished), and I loved it then. Fast forward to 2001 and deciding on a holiday destination for 2002 - I brought up the idea of Orlando and we just ran with it! Cue up our 5th trip this October!! They have caught us up in the Disney web, and I don't ever want to be let go!!! pixiedust:

I'm hanging out for my FIRST trip to see the Mouse :goodvibes I've been in love with Disney since I can remember and begged to go to Disneyland as a child!

I'm probably going to lose it when I walk through the entrance, I've only been waiting 23 years! I remember watching the Wonderful World of Disney and Saturday Disney and being jealous of the families in the Disneyland ads :rolleyes2

Disney is pure magic pixiedust: I reckon even my dad and brother would go a bit soft if they went to a Disney park :lmao:

when you get to the gates or even when you check in to your resort, make sure you grab your first time visit badge....then wear it with pride! My DH wouldnt take his off in 2009, and he was 40 but so proud...pixiedust:
also dont stop in the middle of the walkway, just step to the side, take a deep breathe and take it all in..you only ever get to do "first" once and I'd hate for you to be rushed and run down........
then find a photopass photographer and get your pics done.....

memories to treasure forever

I think it's because the Disney imagineers have an incredible knack (and budget) for making ordinary experiences extraordinary, and they take special activities and make them spectacular!

The theming is so far above anything I've seen anywhere else. For us it was Sooo far superior to any theme park we had visited in Australia and even Universal ( although I hear their WWOHP give Disney a run for its money)

Nothing else quite compares,

When we did the shuttle launch experience at Space Center Canaveral, DH and I looked at each other and said "Disney would do it better..."

When we experienced the Blitz experience at the London War Museum.... "Disney would do it better"

When we did the Red Arrows Flight experience at the London Science museum...."Disney would do it better"

I remember leaving Innoventions one day where we'd just done a game based on waste management, feeling utterly gobsmacked that it had been great fun and we'd had a ball! Who else but Disney could do that!! :rotfl2:

Andona

I think it's because the Disney imagineers have an incredible knack (and budget) for making ordinary experiences extraordinary, and they take special activities and make them spectacular!

The theming is so far above anything I've seen anywhere else. For us it was Sooo far superior to any theme park we had visited in Australia and even Universal ( although I hear their WWOHP give Disney a run for its money)

Nothing else quite compares,

When we did the shuttle launch experience at Space Center Canaveral, DH and I looked at each other and said "Disney would do it better..."

When we experienced the Blitz experience at the London War Museum.... "Disney would do it better"

When we did the Red Arrows Flight experience at the London Science museum...."Disney would do it better"

I remember leaving Innoventions one day where we'd just done a game based on waste management, feeling utterly gobsmacked that it had been great fun and we'd had a ball! Who else but Disney could do that!! :rotfl2:

Andona

add to the list..
sydney new years fireworks..yawn
sydney transport
westfield food court....

need we go on, that is why we love the mouse, they do things so well EVERYTIME!

when you get to the gates or even when you check in to your resort, make sure you grab your first time visit badge....then wear it with pride! My DH wouldnt take his off in 2009, and he was 40 but so proud...pixiedust:
also dont stop in the middle of the walkway, just step to the side, take a deep breathe and take it all in..you only ever get to do "first" once and I'd hate for you to be rushed and run down........
then find a photopass photographer and get your pics done.....

memories to treasure forever

I most definatly will get a first time badge! I was told to go to City Hall but I'll ask every CM I meet as I go into DL ;) Just so I don't miss out otherwise there will be :sad:

Great tip about the first walk in, I get overly emotion at silly things so I'm totally expecting to tear up and I know my gfs will be laughing at me because none of them quite get my Disney obsession but like you said you only get to do the "first" once :thumbsup2

Bring on the 30th of October alreadyyyy!!!

I most definatly will get a first time badge! I was told to go to City Hall but I'll ask every CM I meet as I go into DL ;) Just so I don't miss out otherwise there will be :sad:

Great tip about the first walk in, I get overly emotion at silly things so I'm totally expecting to tear up and I know my gfs will be laughing at me because none of them quite get my Disney obsession but like you said you only get to do the "first" once :thumbsup2

Bring on the 30th of October alreadyyyy!!!

heres another cunning plan......make cute first visit tshirts for the 4 of you...
eg: We came all the way from down-under to visit the mouse, & its our first visit!..or something like that..the photos would be awesome and you'd get ooba attention. Ok you may feel stupid UNTIL you walk in the gates, then your gonna love it :cloud9:

I'll suggest it and see the response that I get, guessing two will be :scared: and :crazy2: and the other one will be :rotfl2: saying "your kidding me right?"

I'll spring it on them closer to leaving, with a template made up ready to print onto iron on transfers :stir: Bec will do whatever I do at least ::yes::

I'll suggest it and see the response that I get, guessing two will be :scared: and :crazy2: and the other one will be :rotfl2: saying "your kidding me right?"

I'll spring it on them closer to leaving, with a template made up ready to print onto iron on transfers :stir: Bec will do whatever I do at least ::yes::

just make the shirts and dont tell them.......just give them their shirts the first morning with a set of mickey ears you bought on disney outlet site...they will love you for it....tell them to just pack a spare shirt in their backpacks for when they get to the park if they want to change...bet you they wont :scratchin....its amazing how we all turn into 9 yr old girls:thumbsup2

I think it's all of the above :) It's so many different things. Often I'll hear a snippet of music, or get a sniff of a churro-like smell and it 'almost' takes me back there. Disneyland gets a hold of all of your senses and takes you off to a wonderful world. I think it's mostly that ability to take you out of your everyday life to someplace wonderful, magical and happy ::yes::

Very devious!

Doing it that way I'll get Bec and Kiddy on board (after she :rotfl2: at me) then Woody will follow whatever Kiddy does so its a plan!!!

Even better our first night in Anaheim is at Disney Paradise Pier :cloud9: already fighting each other for the Disney tolietries :rotfl: can you ring the front desk for extras :blush:

Very devious!

Doing it that way I'll get Bec and Kiddy on board (after she :rotfl2: at me) then Woody will follow whatever Kiddy does so its a plan!!!

Even better our first night in Anaheim is at Disney Paradise Pier :cloud9: already fighting each other for the Disney tolietries :rotfl: can you ring the front desk for extras :blush:

just say their are 4 women in the room and one set of toiletries....they'll understand:wave2:

you may even get extras....get your first visit badges when you check in at PP...

had you thought of getting a disney basket delivered to the room, divide the $$ by 4...get one with balloons etc...snacks for the parks...just thinking

THis might sound dumb, but for me it was Happy Days! every since I watched that as a child I wanted to be American, I wanted to go to College etc etc. And Disney was of course part of US culture and always wanted but could never afford to go until I got married, sometime ago now.

We honeymooned in USA, San Fran, Vegas, Disney and Hawaii and the addiction began.

Just thinking about being on Main Street makes me feel happy !! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter