• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is "off-season" for the electrical parade?

brandt79

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are planning on going to Disneyland this fall (probably mid to end of November - but before Thanksgiving weekend), and this is the parade I remember from my childhood and I badly want my DH to see it. Is it only running during "peak" season? Which I assume is the same as the peak season for the resort hotels. Can anybody help? :confused3

The electical parade usually only runs during peak season and weekends the rest of the year. However, the parade is currently in Tokyo and I don't know when it will return.

From the Disneyland update at mouseplanet on 2-20-06:

"It looks like Disney's Electrical Parade will be returning to regular service at Disney's California Adventure earlier than expected. It was originally announced that it would be on hiatus until the summer season but as of April 7 the classic nighttime parade will be back in daily performances. Odds are that the finding of a new corporate sponsor (Sylvania, also now sponsoring the Parade of Dreams at Disneyland) helped get the parade back earlier than planned."

It was not running in the fall of last year.

Cheers

Drat! I wanted to see it in MARCH!! Im going next week... maybe it will run during Spring Break :scratchin

We were there in October last year and the parade was not running, much to my disappointment. A co-worker was there in September and it was still running.

We were there in September and it was NOT running. It stopped right after Labor Day weekend (which was the 2-4th), and we went Sept 11-17th. I noticed on the Disney website that it was closed from the beginning of September on. I was pretty disappointed too....

DisQueen said:
However, the parade is currently in Tokyo and I don't know when it will return.
There are two sets of floats for the parade. The Disneyland set and the WDW set. DCA has the WDW set and Tokyo has the DL set, which had been in Paris, previously. (at least this is the way I remember hearing it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter