What is Pride Night like?

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
So I just came back from April trip where I attended a SW Night, which I loved, only because the crowd size was limited. Not a SW fan by any measure, love the originals but not a devotee.

I’m considering either a June or July trip and was thinking about attending one of the Pride Nights. Are the crowds similar in size? Would it be bad to attend if I’m not LGBTQ? I don’t want to be looked upon poorly as misappropriating someone’s culture or horning in on a party that is not meant for me, does that make sense? I don’t want to offend anyone.

What about characters? I did look at a flyer from last year but other than the dances, didn’t look like there was that much special entertainment. Not really into park food so that doesn’t matter.

Please share your thoughts as I haven’t made up my mind yet. I know weather will be a bit cooler in June and both lower level MK are blocked so crowds may be a bit lower. I came over 4th of July two years ago and it was perfect crowdwise but a bit warm.

TIA for your input!

I haven’t attended (but as a member of the lgbtq community who lives in SoCal I’d like to go one day), but I’d say to answer your question - all allies are definitely more than welcome. I watched some videos from last year and it seems pretty standard for any of those after hours nights, projections, special food, special characters. I’d say watch a few YouTube videos from Disneyland vloggers to get a feel for it and to help you know if you want to attend.

Last edited:
I went to Pride Night last year and it was a lot of fun! I don't think you'll feel out of place as long as you're a supportive ally.

For characters, we got photos with Clarabelle, Oaken, C-3PO, and Goofy -- but there were certainly others. The fireworks seemed to happen early in the evening, and although short, were fun and don't include typical Disney music. And I haven't been to any other After Hours events, but it was incredibly fun to walk around the park while Kylie Minogue and Lady Gaga play in the background.

The most popular spot of the night was definitely Oga's Cantina. It seemed like a lot of off-work cast members were hanging out there, and the crew seemed to have done away with the two drink maximum because it was pretty raucous.

I think if you are a supportive ally then you would be more than welcome. If you do not consider yourself a strong ally, then perhaps it is not for you. I would personally love to go as an ally and be a part of the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter