What is problem with making online reservations for campground?

Sharper

Mouseketeer
Family is exciting about prospect of staying at FW. Over the last couple of weeks I have played around with reservations at the WDW website, debating between tent camping and staying in cabins. I had noticed that the few dates I had put in always indicated that cabins were not available (March and May of 2003) I was a little surprised, but finally last night I "got serious" about making reservations for the campground. I tried 15-20 different times - March, May and October of 2003, and even started picking dates in 2004 and every single time I got the response that the campground was not available, but the cabins were. I find it hard to believe that every campsite is booked for two week nights in 2004. Is this just a temporary glitch in the website or does everyone else know that you must call or ??? Thanks for any help.

I tried once to make ressies on-line. Now, I save myself the aggravation and call directly. The same thing always happened to me.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Disney Campers
Try Expedia, you may have better luck

Okay so i cannot link directly to the search, click under hotels, then click search near an address: the address for Fort Wilderness is:

4510 North Fort WIlderness Trail
lake buena Vista FL 32830

Scott -- use Expedia to get an idea of availability, then book through Disney? The rate quoted on Expedia is higher than the usual rate, plus I hope to get a discount through Disney Club, AP, DVC or something. Thanks for letting me know that I am not crazy, nor is the campground impossible to get into!

Disney is doing this new thing that I can't stand. They have sites available but they want you to arrive on a different date or stay longer. I tried for 2 months to go the first week of December, NOTHING if I came in on Wednesday but once I pushed my arrival date to Monday then the week was available, including Wednesday that they just told me it wasn't. So now I can cancel Monday and tuesday and keep the rest of the week or arrive early. It is just a game that you have to play

If you call to make reservations do you go through the same game? Or just trying to work around the website? That really is annoying. I mean, if you are requiring minimum stays then I can deal with that, but some unknown rules get frustrating. Thanks for the info.

You're really better off just calling them. I've had this problem myself and heard lots of complaints about similar issues with web reservations and availablility checks. Not just at FW, but at all resorts. I agree that in theory it's more convienent to do this on the web, but you'll save a lot of aggrivation by just calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter