What is the best "book series" you ever read

Outlander. Hands down, far and away, no question. Runner up spots go to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Game of Thrones, and the early Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles.

There are also a lot of YA series I've enjoyed reading. The Hunger Games, The Giver, Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments, Throne of Glass, Divergent.

#1 Stone Barrington series by Stuart Woods. First book was hard to get into, but they get so much better after that!

Stephanie Plum
Harry Potter
Women’s Murder Club
All tied-can’t pick one over the others!

Younger me was a huge fan of the Baby-sitters Club books, Nancy Drew, & Boxcar children.

The Expanse series by "James S.A. Corey" (pen name for the duo of Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck)

Realm of the Elderlings series by Robin Hobb

Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey

Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, though I grow more disenchanted with this one the longer he goes between books. I started reading when only 3 had been published, on a fairly regular one-every-two-years schedule. Only two more have come out in the eighteen years since, and now the show is going to be the one to finish the story.

Nancy Drew books from the time I was very young.

Later the Cat Who books and anything with Poirot from Agatha Christie.

Put me down for Harry Potter & Game of Thrones.

Definitely recommend the A Court of Thorns & Roses trilogy by Sarah Maas if you enjoy fantasy. Happened to pick it off the library shelf one day and I am soooo glad I did. They are fantastic.

Also, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. Two books are out now with another out in September. It's like Hunger Games with more of a fantasy element rather than dystopian.

Young me would also add the Dr. Dolittle books to this list! So cute and fun!
Thanks for the recommendations - I'm going to check them out. Do you know if they're available on iBooks or the Apple Store?
A Song of Ice and Fire (GoT)
Lord of the Rings
Kingsbridge Series

Not heard of Wheel of Time before but sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the info. I need some new reading material.
:goodvibes You can come back and thank us 3 or 4 years from now after you get through them all - 14 EPIC volumes!

JD Robb's In Death series
Karen Rose
Mary Burton has several series
Lee Child's Jack Reacher series
David Baldacci has several good series - The Camel Club, John Puller, Will Robie

If you like science fiction/fantasy:

Melanie Rawn's Sunnerrunner series
Elizabeth Moon's Deed of Paksennarion series
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time
Outlander

Action/Adventure:

Russell Blake's JET series
Nathan McBride series

The Josephine Bonaparte Collection: The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B, Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe, and The Last Great Dance on Earth, by Sandra Gulland.

Nobody has mentioned the O'Neal-Gear "People Of _________" books about early Native American history...

My mom read all of these and loved them. I always wanted to read them when I was old enough but never got to.

For me:

Harry Potter
The Corps - WEB Griffin
Troubleshooters Inc. - Suzanne Brockmann

I read a lot of series but these are my top 3.

The Vorkosigan books by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Wow, only one Bujold fan. But she is amazing!

Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold is my favorite series.

The Dredsen Files by Jim Butcher is second.

I suppose Harry Potter is third but that's debatable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter