What is the best buffalo airport hotel?

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I'm going to WDW in February 2020, considering flying Southwest out of Buffalo. Given the time of year, and the weather this past February I probably want to stay overnight before the flight.

What are your experiences with airport hotels with parking near Buffalo/Niagara airport?

I've done this before, with Days Inn I think, but had to park my car in a separate lot which was filled with snow on my return.

When we moved to Buffalo 4 years ago and were waiting to close on our house, we lived over at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott across from the airport for about 3 months. They had 2 bedroom units so that worked with our kid and they let us take our dog. It was cheap and they had a free breakfast buffet thing in the morning. They might let you keep your car there with booking a room for a night but you would need to call to ask about it. I had no issues with our cars during the months we were there, no problems with theft so the lot is secure/safe. My favorite thing about this Marriott is it is in a plaza with 2 other Marriotts and they have a Starbucks right there. Also a Tim Horton's right by and a McDonald's too and one of the Marriotts has a restaurant.

I've done this before, with Days Inn I think, but had to park my car in a separate lot which was filled with snow on my return.

Do you mean the parking lot was not plowed?

We’ve parked at Days many times in the winter. We’ve never had an issue. That being said, Aloft is our new favourite park n fly hotel. It’s just newer and seems cleaner.

We stay at the Aloft now and have at least 6 times since they opened. We've also stayed at the Sleep Inn which is good and the Days Inn which was HORRID. There are several good hotels right across from the airport...Holiday Inn, Hilton, Hampton etc. Lots of choices. We have also stayed at the Buffalo Marriot and the DoubleTree which are both very good but they are about 10 min. away from the airport.

As far as parking goes, if you care, some places will take your car keys and they might move your car. Other places you park and keep the keys. On the subject of snow, they plow the driveway areas but for sure you will find that your car has been plowed in. Think about it, they are not going to shovel the snow and clean off an entire parking lot full of cars. I've had the pleasure of coming home from a glorious 80 degrees in FL to find my car covered in snow so deep that it was half way up the back of the car. It certainly wasn't fun but that's just the risk you take. The hotel shuttle driver offered to help dig it out but he was busy when I wanted to leave so I just did it myself. I would suggest that when traveling in a snowy season that you leave winter attire in your car just in case....boots, coats, gloves, etc.

I have used the Sleep Inn and found it fine.. didn’t use there shuttle or anything.. stayed there and drove to airport.

Another recommendation for Aloft. Right across the street, nice hotel, comfy beds, clean and modern.

Aloft is the best. I usually find a great price on it too. I have booked directly with the hotel and through park, sleep, fly. The Days hotel was horrific, but for the right price I would do it again. My husband refuses to stay at Days again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter