What is the best discount I can expect to find for DC

It was actually significantly higher to book through UT than DC.
You are absolutely correct. If booking a Dolphin Swim package for your day the DC website is the best pricing. If you are not doing the Dolphin swim UT is hands down the better price. In fact at UT you can get the Day visit at DC plus 2 parks for less than the just the Day visit with no other parks at the DC site.

Last edited:
UT is cheaper with the BF sale for sure , + no resort fees tacked on .
We originally purchased , 2 park non dolphin day resort x2 direct through DC , and the BF deal was pretty good (or so I thought) . Was not expecting the resort AND service fees tacked on . Was $20 extra for 2 of us for the fees .
After I booked, I did not realize the 2 park package did NOT include free parking at the parks (except DC) , but the 3 park package did . SW is $25-$30. a day ! After reading about the UT deals for DC , I found out that the UT the 3 park package was actually cheaper than the 2 park package I booked Direct .
I called DC , to see if they could at least upgrade us to the 3 park so we could get free parking . Did not ask them to match the much cheaper price through UT , just asked for a curtesy upgrade to the 3 park package . After about a dozen tries to get through to someone over 2 days , they offered to upgrade our reservation from a 2 park, to a 3 park .........for a huge price increase (like double the price) ! No thanks . Also offered that we could prepay for parking .......ummm , no .
I politely told the rep , how the UT 3 park was quite a bit cheaper than the 2 park I booked direct , and all I wanted was an ungrade for the free parking ........ also, said I was not asking for any price match . They flat our refused , even though I told the rep several times I would cancel if not . It would have cost them nothing to upgrade us . NO dice .......I CANCELLED !
I immediately booked our date for a 3 park package through UT after getting off the phone with DC . Saved a good chunk of $$$ upgrading to a 3 park booked with UT vs the 2 park booked with DC , plus we have free parking now . No extra fees with UT as well .

Already got the full refund from DC, incase anyone is wondering .

Moral of the story ......... UT is cheaper for DC !

Last edited:
UT is cheaper with the BF sale for sure , + no resort fees tacked on .
We originally purchased , 2 park non dolphin day resort x2 direct through DC , and the BF deal was pretty good (or so I thought) . Was not expecting the resort AND service fees tacked on . Was $20 extra for 2 of us for the fees .
After I booked, I did not realize the 2 park package did NOT include free parking at the parks (except DC) , but the 3 park package did . SW is $25-$30. a day ! After reading about the UT deals for DC , I found out that the UT the 3 park package was actually cheaper than the 2 park package I booked Direct .
I called DC , to see if they could at least upgrade us to the 3 park so we could get free parking . Did not ask them to match the much cheaper price through UT , just asked for a curtesy upgrade to the 3 park package . After about a dozen tries to get through to someone over 2 days , they offered to upgrade our reservation from a 2 park, to a 3 park .........for a huge price increase (like double the price) ! No thanks . Also offered that we could prepay for parking .......ummm , no .
I politely told the rep , how the UT 3 park was quite a bit cheaper than the 2 park I booked direct , and all I wanted was an ungrade for the free parking ........ also, said I was not asking for any price match . They flat our refused , even though I told the rep several times I would cancel if not . It would have cost them nothing to upgrade us . NO dice .......I CANCELLED !
I immediately booked our date for a 3 park package through UT after getting off the phone with DC . Saved a good chunk of $$$ upgrading to a 3 park booked with UT vs the 2 park booked with DC , plus we have free parking now . No extra fees with UT as well .

Already got the full refund from DC, incase anyone is wondering .

Moral of the story ......... UT is cheaper for DC !
When we went to DC in October we had purchased the DC plus 2 parks package through UT. We went to Sea World the day before our DC visit and paid for parking. The next day upon departing DC I spoke with one of the front desk employees and asked how much it would cost to upgrade to free parking at Sea World and Aquatica. I was told it would be $25. I produced the receipt from the day before and they accepted that as paid and issued me the unlimited parking pass.

I also have the FL Platinum Pass, though my first DC visit was due to a 40% off sale last December. It should be noted that pass members that have the passes from other states only get 20% off. My next visit is early January, right after a cruise.

Does anyone know when a December sale may be announced? Unfortunately, I missed the Black Friday deals and am looking for discounts for June, 2022. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter