What is the best plan to make sure you get on Remy… Is is the one ride I definitely want to be able to do

Rope drop at Epcot International Gate. The Skyliner has a terminal right there. Also helps if you have early hours with on site lodging.
Agree with entering through the IG. Just be sure you are there well before EE time and there will be a large group doing the same thing. However, the line grows very quickly, so being near the front makes a big difference.

You can 100% expect to ride Remy unless it breaks down for some reason, which can happen to any ride. It’s easy to obtain a LL for it and it’s do-able in standby as well.
This totally depends on what time of year you are going. This isn't the case for any time of year. We were there the first week in January. Genie + LL for Remy regularly ran out of return times for the whole day by 7:01am each day. Standby lines were regularly 120 minutes +. It seemed like an amazing opportunity if the standby line went down to 90 minutes at any point during the day (so I guess it's all relative). It was like this for 10 days straight. So, I don't disagree with what you are saying, just adding the perspective that it can depend on what time of year you are going, and if it's a busy time of year, there is the possibility your only option is standby with a LONG wait.

Rode it yesterday around 630pm, wait time said 45 minutes but it had been coming down over the last half an hour from 120 minutes. We were on the ride in 21 minutes.

We rode Remy in mid-May, arriving shortly after the park opened. The line started on the bridge near the international gateway but moved very quickly. Total wait was just over 20 minutes.

For what it’s worth, we thought Runaway Railway was much better.

Looking forward to trying to ride this when we visit in April. Dont know that we will have much luck as it is F&G AND Easter/SpringBreak(for a lot) week!

We rope dropped at IG thanksgiving week. Piece of Kate. We were at our bus stop 90 mins before opening like people say on here. Hopped to another park from our hotel. Hopped on boardwalk bus dropping people off at said park. Walked over to gateway. Piece of cake! Most organized set of cast members for a rope drop I ever saw! Awesome awesome awesome! I posted this thst day about the whole experience. That rope drop was like a little adventure cause we totally didn’t think it was going to work. It just seemed like a logistical nightmare but it was soooooo easy.

We did the extended hours for deluxe guests at epcot. We rode guardians and remi's that night. Well worth the late night!

We did genie+ later in the morning on our Epcot day in September. Probably got a later time then we would have liked but if you get on early, buy genie+ you should have no issue

Go in the morning, even if you have to wait. Last time I went, it was down from the afternoon and didn't come back, so we didn't get to ride. I'll be back, NBD for me. But if this is your must-do, don't put it off or rely on ILL.

Special hint if you are at a deluxe hotel but not Skyliner or the hotels between HS and Epcot:

Take the bus to HS. It opens earlier than Epcot, so you can get there - Then you can a) Walk to Epcot, b) Take a friendship boat ride to IG, or c) ride the skyliner around back to IG. Then get in the International Gateway early entry line :)

While you might have to wait, you can ride it standby. I've been twice since Genie+ and not bought it either time. First time was for a week starting on Easter Sunday. The first time I tried to ride it was at EE from IG and the posted wait time when I got there (it was probably 10 min. into EE, I'm not a stand in line to wait to get in person) was about 55 min. Stood in line for said 55 min. only to have to go down. Waited until later in the week and it was about a 30 min. wait about a hour before the night time show.

The second time I went was the last week in August. Everything in all parks was just about a walk on or only 10 - 15 min. waits. I walked on Remi at about 9 in the morning. Now, it was amazingly hot, it rained every day, not just your usual afternoon Florida showers but big huge gully washer thunder lighting heavens opening up storms that lasted hours. So that might have been the trade off for all walk ons for the rides. (Even Rise was a walk on)

So, if you really want to ride it, yes you can, even without Genie+. Just put on your patience pants and be prepared to wait and the earlier in the day the better because it's a fickle ride and goes down a lot. Also, that last time I rode it will probably be my last time riding it, it was o.k. but not really something I need to ride again and again.

Last August we rode it standby first thing in the morning all three times we went to Epcot. We never had more than a 30 min wait.

They release more LLs at exactly 12:47 and 1:47 each day! Maybe more times too but those are the ones I’ve noticed

Is it relatively easy to get a return time or does it run out right away
Last week did Genie+ for Remy, tried to get it at 7am - ended up with a 3pm. I would still pay the Genie+ it is worth doing 2x anyway and Genie+ is a small price to pay for a sure thing. As with any ride, if it's important to you, don't wait until the end of the day, in case it breaks down. With rope drop from the main entrance we did Frozen since Remy was too far and we knew the international gateway people would beat us there (used our first Genie+ for Remy). If you like roller coasters be sure to do the 7am virtual que for Guardians at the same time you do the 7am Genie+ for Remy (actually do the Virtual Que 1st) - with the music it's quite fun and a fairly smooth ride.

Special hint if you are at a deluxe hotel but not Skyliner or the hotels between HS and Epcot:

Take the bus to HS. It opens earlier than Epcot, so you can get there - Then you can a) Walk to Epcot, b) Take a friendship boat ride to IG, or c) ride the skyliner around back to IG. Then get in the International Gateway early entry line :)
i'm not sure HS opens that much earlier than epcot to make up for the travel time in between.

i'd get a ride to beach club early and walk to IG, if possible.

We stayed at Pop and used the IG entrance. Followed the masses and went straight to the ride. Only had a 20 minute wait with EE. This was the first week of December.

i'm not sure HS opens that much earlier than epcot to make up for the travel time in between.

i'd get a ride to beach club early and walk to IG, if possible.
However, if you arrive in a private car (your own or Uber, for example) - I do not believe the guard will let you into the Beach Club in the morning unless you have a reservation at the hotel or restaurant - they do check.

However, if you arrive in a private car (your own or Uber, for example) - I do not believe the guard will let you into the Beach Club in the morning unless you have a reservation at the hotel or restaurant - they do check.
swan is a little further away, but doubt that would be a concern there

We bought genie+ and had no problem getting a lightening lane last week, Guardians was the priority for my daughter so right at 7am she purchased that then she went for the LL for Remy and still got a 9:30am return time.

(I totally agree Mickey and Minnies Railway was better)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter