• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the NYE Special at CG ($395 pp)

Einetius

Earning My Ears
I saw on All Ears that California Grill is having a special New Years Eve event for $395 per person. I was just wondering if anybody knows what you get for that. Thanks.

This is from Allearsnet last year:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Disney's California Grill, with a bird's-eye view of the spectacular Magic Kingdom fireworks, is offering a special New Year's Eve party with a menu that includes dozens of the restaurant's award-winning classics, from sushi to butter-poached lobster, oak-grilled beef tenderloin and pumpkin ravioli. California wines are paired with the creations, and there is an open bar. The party starts at 8 p.m. Cost is $395 per person, $250 ages 3 to 11 (with a special children's menu). At midnight, a breakfast buffet will be served. Seating is limited.

With drink prices, you could put a huge dent into that $400 with the wine, and I'm assuming the bar is included in the price as well.

Heck, though, we don't have that kind of money right now!!

Someday! I wonder how it compares to the Party for the Senses, as those are about $100/person.

I'm wondering why the price for 12 thru 20 is the same price as the adult price. :confused3 They may be trying to discourage children, without banning them. Just doesn't make sense to me. :crazy:

tarheelmjfan said:
I'm wondering why the price for 12 thru 20 is the same price as the adult price. :confused3 They may be trying to discourage children, without banning them. Just doesn't make sense to me. :crazy:

They do the same thing at the Party for the Senses, except everyone 3-20 is also $100.

A year or two ago a DISer reported on this party. She raved about it and said that she would do it again. I tried searching for it and couldn't find her report.

At any rate the year she did it, there were stations set up around the CG...note the limited seating in Forever42's quote. She said that there were children there who seemed to be enjoying it and were well behaved.

An open bar in our part of the country means just that. At that price it should be so.

For a charity dinner I could see that price but other wise it is way out of my league. But again, that poster enjoyed it and would do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter