What is the One Restaurant that is a MUSt?

Yeah, another ‘Ohana vote here, but if it’s still not open-

Whispering Canyon Cafe has been a HUGE hit for us!
Tusker House & The Crystal Palace were great in-park buffets.

The Landry's Select Card gets you priority seating at Y&Y, Rainforest Cafe and TRex. You don't need a reservation. You simply show up, show them the card and you will be seated fairly quickly. We've never waited more than 10 minutes.
What is this dark magic?!?? pixiedust: We LOVE Yak & Yeti!! I’ll be looking into this for sure!

Yeah, another ‘Ohana vote here, but if it’s still not open-

Whispering Canyon Cafe has been a HUGE hit for us!
Tusker House & The Crystal Palace were great in-park buffets.

What is this dark magic?!?? pixiedust: We LOVE Yak & Yeti!! I’ll be looking into this for sure!

I just went online to look at that Landry Card... looks like a one-time $25 (no annual fee after that) BUT they give you a $25 credit, so seems like nothing to join! :)...though does say eligible priority seating based on availability... not sure what that looks like with restricted capacity.

Last edited:
I just went online to look at that Landry Card... looks like a one-time $25 (no annual fee after that) BUT they give you a $25 credit, so seems like nothing to join! :)...though does say eligible priority seating based on availability... not sure what that looks like with restricted capacity.
Thanks! I looked it up too & the homepage says they’re even offering a $30 welcome reward- with 4 visits hopefully happening over the next 12 months, I don’t feel like I’ve got anything to lose- so, I signed up! Thanks @Marthasor!!

CA Grill. If Flying Fish was open, that's the other must. I miss Joey over there serving up food and class all at once. The Wave is great too, and still has great availability. The Bacon & Egg rates higher than the pork belly at Flying Fish, which I thought couldn't be beat.

Gonna finally hit up Sanaa in Dec for Xmas week!

Love Jiko and the amazing and talented Chef Eddie. So sad it is not open yet. Going to try Yak & Yeti at AK this time.

Also not open yet and no announced date.
Duh. I knew that 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thanks/sorry.

So, with what’s actually open...

My 2 faves hands-down are Cali Grill & Topolino’s Terrace. I have only done those with adults (mainly bc of cost- I’ve got 6 kiddos 😉), but they’ve always been fantastic! We do also really enjoy the Wave & Sanaa!

With my kids &/or nieces/nephews-
(these are their faves & I love them too!)

Resorts- Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS- in MK area) ; Beaches & Cream (TS- in EP/HS area)
Disney Springs- Earl of Sandwich (QS) ... they love a lot at DS, but this is #1
AK- Yak & Yeti (TS) ; Satu’li Canteen (QS) ... or more Y&Y (QS) 😆
EP- Via Napoli (TS) ; plus snacking around the booths
HS- Docking Bay 7 (QS) & Oga’s (for atmosphere!)
MK- Pecos Bill (QS)

For our trip (next week!!) with my 2 boys & 2 of their cousins, our #1 priority for ADR’s was Whispering Canyon. Our #2 was Beaches & Cream... however, bc of size & popularity I knew I needed to reserve B&C first (I still didn’t get exactly what I wanted). I had no trouble getting WC later. For our Dec. adults trip, I knew I wanted Cali Grill & TT... they areboth hard to get (group of 4), so I rearranged our park days around what I was able to grab 👍🏻

Good luck & have fun!!

Tusker House
Ohana
Chefs de France or The Plaza

QS: Pinocchio's...my mother ADORES that place mainly because of the window overlooking Small World.

If you can get Hollywood & Vine at DHS (Holiday Dine - distanced characters), it’s supposed to be fantastic. Taking my niece (8) in 2 weeks:). I also second Whispering Canyon with that age range!

We have reservations there after Halloween but will still be Halloween themed.

Its gonna be our character meal so we are excited!

The Landry's Select Card gets you priority seating at Y&Y, Rainforest Cafe and TRex. You don't need a reservation. You simply show up, show them the card and you will be seated fairly quickly. We've never waited more than 10 minutes.

I just read an article in which the author said he tried to use the Landry's Select Card at Disney Springs Rainforest Cafe and was told they were too busy to honor priority seating for Landry's Select Card holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter