What is the Sandcastles Kids Club

ks2boysmom

Earning My Ears
What is the Sandcastle Kids Club I see referenced on this board....my curiosity is piqued, since we go with our 4 & 6 yo boys in a about a month!!

What, where, how much? Highly recommended? Thanks!!!

The SandCastle Club is located off the lobby in the Beach Club. It provides babysitting for young children up to the age of 12. We have stayed at the Y/C many times and used the service. You need to make a reservation in advance for your children. I don't recall the charge but it was extremely reasonable. You can feed your children before they go or order a meal at the club. They can color, play video games, games, watch videos or just fall asleep. They have cookies and milk before they leave too. I prefer this setting to the in room sitting because it is a group of children. My son actually asked to go rather than sit through some of the dinners we had planned. The cm's actually remembered him and are very sweet. You will be given a pager in case of an emergency. Hope this helps.

I've just booked my daughter to go here, while we go and see Fantasmic (she's scared of the dragon).

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they don't get fed at the club- is that right? I thought all the kids clubs included dinner.

Can you tell me any more - is it suitable for a 4 year old, video games etc sound like it might be more aimed at older kids. She's quite used to creches etc, so I'm not worried that she will miss us, rather that she might not enjoy it.

Bev

Actually they do include dinner if you arrive between 5-7 (or something close to those hours). The food is pretty good according to my kids who had gr. cheese, chix. fingers, fries, fresh fruit and chocolate milks. If you stay late enough they get a special dessert too... we missed that as we picked our kids up at 8:40 and zipped into the back of Epcot to see illuminations. DH and I had gone to Morocco for dinner which was wonderful by the way!

Hi!
The Sandcastle Club is a good choice.My son LOVED the place and always asks to go back when we're at WDW!

Here's what I know about childcare.

Childcare is provided for potty trained kids over age 4 to kids age 12.

Sandcastle Clubs hours are 4:30 p.m. to midnight.

Beepers are given to parents in case of emergency.You may call the club to check on your children.

The price is $8 per hour. Dinner is included and is usually kiddie faves like PB&J,chicken fingers,burgers, hotdogs and I think Mickey shaped mac and cheese.

Fun things to do are puzzles, board and video games, Disney movies,coloring and my sons made some pretty cool balsa wood airplanes they brought home with them.

Reservations are required but sometimes walk-ins may be available .
To make a ressie for childcare call 407-WDW-DINE.

Here are the other childcare clubs on Disney property.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Simba's Cubhouse

Boardwalk
Harbor Club

Contemporary
Mouseketeer Clubhouse..... 2-hour minimum charge

Grand Floridian
Mouseketeer Clubhouse

Polynesian
Never Land Club

Wilderness Lodge
Cub's Den.....1-hour minimum.

Swan and Dolphin
Camp Dolphin

Child care services are for on-site Disney resort guests. In some cases these services are also available to off-site guests. Call to see which ones are for off-siters as I'm not sure.

Hope this helps!

Child care services are for on-site Disney resort guests. In some cases these services are also available to off-site
guests. Call to see which ones are for off-siters as I'm not sure.

I was able to book my dd into the Sandcastle club while we are staying off-site. I specifically mentioned to the CM that we were off-site, but were moving on-site later in the trip and she said that was fine - I don't know if it was because we were moving on-site, or because the Sandcastle club accepts off-site kids, but it's worth asking.

Bev

Thanks for the info....reading the first few replies, I began assuming you had to be staying at a deluxe to use the kids clubs. We're at POR, so it sounds like its at least an option. Now I just have to decide about the guilt of leaving my kids during the family vacation:o

Well don't worry about feeling guilty... my kids were thanking us. It was a night off their feet, playing kid games and eating kid food in a comfortable setting!:D

I agree don't feel guilty!!! Erich still goes on about the Ninja Turtle video game they had there.Kids are so easy to make happy.His other favorite place at WDW is Legoland.So tell me why are we spending so much on park tickets for them!!Oy!....LOL!

The first few times we stayed at the Y/C, we considered the Sand Castle Club but didn't go through with it. When we finally got up the nerve to leave my son, it was really wonderful for all of us. My son was tired from long days in the parks and lots of swimming and enjoyed the downtime. It also gave him the opportunity to meet other children and then he played with them at the pool. My son often asked if he could go back for an additional night. We take family vacations but enjoyed the opportunity to have an adult evening.

P.S. A few times when we arrived to pick our son up, he asked if he could stay a little longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter