What is VMK Pal?

milkabum said:
It gives you an advantage against other players.

It isn't so much "advantage" as it is a benefit. It makes things easier for taking screen shots, storing codes and logging in. It also makes it easier for those not living in the Pacific Time Zone to see when events and things will open. Not to say counting 3 hours back isn't easy, vmkpal just takes away the "counting back 3 hours" part by providing a clock.

Mal, you don't know for sure that Cpt.JackSpearow's things were not lost in VMKPal. It appears very unlikely, but you can't say it didn't happen. :thumbsup2

I've been using it for a while and I've not had anything come up missing/problems/ect.

I like the picture option it has, and it's just a cute little add-on.

I used to play world of warcraft, and it was all about the add-ons for me, so when I found out there was a program for VMK, I of course had to have it.

Loves Disney said:
Mal, you don't know for sure that Cpt.JackSpearow's things were not lost in VMKPal. It appears very unlikely, but you can't say it didn't happen. :thumbsup2

Loves Disney I did not say for sure that it did not happen I said I did not beleive it.

Maleficent2 said:
Loves Disney I did not say for sure that it did not happen I said I did not beleive it.

Oops. I took your next comment "That is not true either." To mean you addressed the first one as untrue. Then after reading the reminder (which makes totaly sense btw and I agree), it sounded like, even though you said you believe it was untrue, you meant to say it was not true. I'm sorry, miscommunication. :goodvibes

I'm all excited now, I've never gotten to use it because my home computer doesn't load vmk, though it has vmk pal anyways. It's a comfort thing? :cloud9: But today I'll load it on the sister in laws computer and maybe even play the game on it...and I can make it pink! :goodvibes

i love vmk pal so much and it hasn't given me any problems. it is so easy to log into and you can take full page pictures!!! :thumbsup2

I have no problems except for space. My computer never has enough space for anything :rotfl2:

I guess I am the odd man out. Every "function" of VMK Pal which is mentioned, I already have on my computer without an add on. I can take screen shots, I can store up to 50 accounts on the VMK logon page, I have ShortKeys, what does VMK pal do that is so special that people cannot live without it? I really have not seen anything that makes it even remotely useful to me. In fact, I feel it would be a hinderance to my VMK experience and cause more computer lag than VMK already does. Keep in mind, I am a computer tech running near top-of-the-line models with 2 gig of ram and 3.7 ghz duo core processor and a 2 gig video card on an upgraded cable internet line (or Triple T3s at work) and VMK STILL locks up my computer.

I downloaded it and installed it. When I went to use it, I found that it used quite a bit of my computer's resources. I was unable to play any games at all because it used so much of the resources.

So, I uninstalled it and have never used it since then. :)

The only thing I don't like about VMK Pal is that every now and then, out of nowhere, I will get an error that entirely freezes up VMK so that I have to close it out and reopen it. It's rare, but 9 times out of 10 when it does happen, it happens at a critical time, generally when I have over 60 ghosts in HM with less than a minute to go in the game...

Well, I would caution all VMK Pal users: It is a scripting program, whether you like to think of it that way or not, and with Yavn throwing bans around for sneezing and such, you might get a ban for it.

I had no problems with VMK Pal, but I stopped using VMK Pal a long time ago after I realized it was against the values.

Someone on another forum posted a very similar question except that they asked if they could get banned for using vmkpal. Yavn responded by basically saying absolutely so watch how you utilize that program because it could result in a ban if used the wrong way.

P.S. I have never used the program similar to another post I have all the applications needed to taking pictures, cropping pictures, etc.

If you check VMK it clearly states

VMK said:
You Must NOT:

Use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program with the game.

So your not hacking in anyway, I use it because it's

-easier than loading the home page
-easier to take pictures.
-Full screen rocks!

What I advise you to do:

-I only enter my username but not my password and my password is impossible to figure out because it's so random only I would know it.

no, it is not hacking. Never said it was. What it is, is the same as ShortKeys, it is SCRIPTING. And if they do find out you use it, they can ban you.

I have to agree with Doc here, I think the program is likely sound but not usefull enough for me to download (and might I say wow thats a lot of computer Doc) I would definately agree due to the scripting capability and past comments by yavn on use of the program, if you haven't got it - live without it. After he finishes with the mule people he's coming for you too. Between the two that should eliminate 75% of the population and make it a quite place in vmk. Although it might be hard to gather up enough people to play any of the games for credit Host lines should be a sinch.

They will end up banning a whole lot of people if they ban everyone who uses VMK Pal... :sad2:

Well, customer support usually becomes much easier when you get rid of most of your customers. When that happens in the real world, layoffs happen. I'm not sure what happens in the virtual world. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter