What is/was your go to hangover food/remedy?

I haven't had a hangover in decades. I pretty much stopped drinking at the age of 19 due to a horrible, horrible hangover that lasted about three days. Looking back on it, I probably should have seen a dr for possible alcohol poisoning. For me, nothing worked except water and lots of barfing.

I force myself to stay up as long as possible drinking water and then take a few Advil before going to bed. A hangover is not only due to dehydration but also due to inflammation. I then take a few Advil when I get up, eat something hearty like oatmeal and question what I am doing with my life.

I force myself to stay up as long as possible drinking water and then take a few Advil before going to bed. A hangover is not only due to dehydration but also due to inflammation. I then take a few Advil when I get up, eat something hearty like oatmeal and question what I am doing with my life.

I kinda do the same only rather than questioning what I am doing with my life - I'm more like "OMG what did I do last night.. Really I can't remember anything.. What did I do?"

Gatorade or pedialyte before bed. Also, maybe a grilled cheese or other “hangover food” before bed.

Day drinking (on vacation or days off from work) instead of night also helps, because then I’m awake and able to keep hydrating as I sober up.

I’ve only had a hangover once thanks to these habits.

A mimosa, a screwdriver, or a bloody Mary. Or in a pinch, a shot of vodka in a glass of mountain dew.

The Danes have a drink called gammel dansk which they use as a hangover cure. It’s foul but it definitely wakes one up during morning meetings.

I just don't get myself in that position, I watch what I drink and drink plenty of water in between Mai Tais, Zombies, Grogs and Rum Barrels. Haven't had a hangover since college days.

It was always grease, toast, Coke, and ibuprofen for me. White Castle was a usual remedy.

It's been a long time since I've had a hangover, but my "go to" REMEDY was a Burger King Whopper. My "go to" PREVENTION (aside from not drinking too much) is water, lots of water before bed.

Back in the day, a greasy bacon sandwich, coffee, and Alka-Seltzer. I haven’t had a hangover since 2007, though (I still drink, but only ever in sensible amounts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter