What is your city known for?

Pittsburgh
Well, at one time we were the worlds largest steel producer, Now we have lost all of that and found our footing in medicine and education. Now in part due to that we hosted the G20 Summit.

Also!
Steelers 6 time superbowl champs!!!! We have the Terrible Towel!
Penguins Stanley Cup !!!! Both champs in the same year!
We also have the Pirates, the worst baseball team ever! LOL
And we can't forget the Pittsburgh Passion!

The city, we have 3 rivers and with that we have more bridges then Venice!

We also are the birthplace of Andy Warhol, and now have a great musuem.
Our inclines, primanti sandwiches,Perry Como, Donny Iris, Chistina Aguilera, Heinz Ketchup, Carnegie, Westinghouse, Mellon, Rachel Carson, Mr Rogers!!, Micheal Keaton,Shirley jones (who just had lunch with my mom) Sharon Stone.

Movies...Groundhog day, Boys on the side, FLASHDANCE!!! Night of the living dead

Ok thats off the top of my head!

Also don't forget Striking Distance with Bruce Willis and Sudden Death with Jean Claude (I was in that movie).

Ummmm, Pittsburgh? Aren't you forgetting something? :teeth:

It's the setting (at least in the series, if not the filming location) for Queer as Folk! ::yes:: Now THAT'S something to be famous for! ::yes::

You're also forgetting that Pittsburgh is also home to ridiculously hard-to-navigate roads when one is trying to get to Ikea. ::yes::

This is a fun thread to read! Ok...

North Central West Virginia: (Morgantown area)

Peperoni Rolls

That's about it except that it is only about an 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh. :thumbsup2

Ummmm, Pittsburgh? Aren't you forgetting something? :teeth:

It's the setting (at least in the series, if not the filming location) for Queer as Folk! ::yes:: Now THAT'S something to be famous for! ::yes::
True it was, but it was so not Pgh!!!
You're also forgetting that Pittsburgh is also home to ridiculously hard-to-navigate roads when one is trying to get to Ikea. ::yes::

LOL I feel so bad for you! You never needed to leave a highway, the exit drops you right at their door! I think Pgh is really easy ....but I grew up here.

I will tell you all about Long Beach, CA since I just moved here a few months ago and East Los Angeles is a crap hole (that's where I used to live, and don't get me wrong it's a crap-hole I called home for 25 years).

- The Port of Long Beach is the busiest port on the West Coast.

- We have 345 days of sunshine a year :yay:

- I like to think of Long Beach as the second stop on the So Cal Gay Train. You start off in West Hollywood with all the young-uns, you move to Long Beach to settle down and play house, then you move to Palm Springs to die.

- We are the home of the Queen Mary (how fitting).

- Great food, lots of independently owned businesses.

- We have one of the largest Pride events in the country!

Well the big castle on the hill has been drawing tourists to Heidelberg since at least as far back as Mark Twain's time.

The Philosopher's walk--great series of hiking trails. Follow the right trails and you may find the old monastary (now in ruins), an amphitheater built by the third reich for propaganda speeches or a currently in use Benedictine Monk's Abbey.

Holy Ghost cathedral and near by the gorgeous hotel from the 1500s and old city gates.

Along the Nekkar river and very close to where it converges with the Rhine.

One of the longest pedestrian zones in Europe (great for playing Gay or European?:rotfl2:)

World class university (and visitors have to tour the old student prison).

We used to live in Northfield New Hampshire where Mr. Southwick (I think he is over 90 now) still delivers eggs from his farm to local residents every friday BY HORSE AND CART:goodvibes I loved Mr. Southwick.:love: He has been featured in a couple of national magazines from time to time.

Northfield is also about 30 minutes from Squam Lake--which is where On Golden Pond was filmed.

San Francisco, California

Gay people...lots and lots of gay people :laughing:

I'm writing this from my apartment 10 minutes from the corner of Castro and Market, so yeah -- definitely lots of gay people 'round these parts. :cool1:

Also, let's not forget the Disney Family Museum!

I'm writing this from my apartment 10 minutes from the corner of Castro and Market, so yeah -- definitely lots of gay people 'round these parts. :cool1:

Also, let's not forget the Disney Family Museum!

Welcome fellow San Franciscan! Yes...the Disney Family museum is amazing. I've been twice already.

I'll forgo Atlanta for now and mention something about my hometown of Lincoln Park, MI.

There is a spot in my hometown that is where supposedly Pontiac gathered the Native tribes of the area and had a meeting about attacking Fort Detroit.

I'll forgo Atlanta for now and mention something about my hometown of Lincoln Park, MI.

There is a spot in my hometown that is where supposedly Pontiac gathered the Native tribes of the area and had a meeting about attacking Fort Detroit.

The street I grew up on was literally 2 blocks away from the Lincoln Park border. :thumbsup2 I think I know the spot you're referring to. :scratchin

Don't know about roads to IKEA, but the city with the most ridiculously hard to navigate roads for me is.......................BOSTON.....

Only city where I had to take a cab (after giving it a try on my own)... :confused3

Don't know about roads to IKEA, but the city with the most ridiculously hard to navigate roads for me is.......................BOSTON.....

Only city where I had to take a cab (after giving it a try on my own)... :confused3

I hate driving in Boston. There are 3 road signs and only one of them points the right way.

I hate driving in Boston. There are 3 road signs and only one of them points the right way.

BABIES!:rolleyes:
It builds character!

I'm from Buffalo, NY so here are a few things:

Wings - chicken wings/Buffalo wings were created at the Anchor Bar
Niagara Falls - it’s actually a separate city but it’s just minutes away.
Architecture - we have some beautiful buildings including some designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
The Natural starting Robert Redford was filmed here, the hotel lobby is actually an office building. A few other movies have also been filmed here but Bruce Almighty wasn’t even though it was supposed to be based in Buffalo.
Snow - Syracuse gets more but for some reason everyone thinks of snow when they think of Buffalo
President McKinley - assassinated here during the 1901 Pan American Exposition
President Teddy Roosevelt - inaugurated here after the assassination
Mark Twain - lived here for a while and worked on a local newspaper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter