What is your Disney shameful secret?

Lights, Motor Action show at DHS - not sure why..maybe just so much time with other stuff and its location..
Illuminations - just never seem to still be at the park..
Dole Whip - no excuse..
Tinker Bell - my ex wife loved Tinker Bell - no matter how long it has been I just can't bring myself to like Tinker Bell..then they made her a face character.. sigh..think I need to try a Dole Whip..

I promise to do my best to cross three of these off of my list starting in 10 days. pirate:

Lights, Motor Action show at DHS - not sure why..maybe just so much time with other stuff and its location..
Illuminations - just never seem to still be at the park..
Dole Whip - no excuse..
Tinker Bell - my ex wife loved Tinker Bell - no matter how long it has been I just can't bring myself to like Tinker Bell..then they made her a face character.. sigh..think I need to try a Dole Whip..

I promise to do my best to cross three of these off of my list starting in 10 days. pirate:

1. I saw it once. I enjoyed it, but it was a one and done.
2. I've seen this once also. I don't like it.
3. You're right. No excuse for that. lol
4. I don't like Tinkerbell either.

I've been over 25 times, including my honeymoon.

First off, let me vent: I wanted to have my wedding at WDW (1993). My folks were paying for it, and my dad blew a gasket! So I was like, whatever, they planned it and I just showed up (their church, and now I'm not religious any longer, and their country club, I just was like whatever). I should have just planned it myself but I was broke for the most part, and it was explained to me by a close friend that it was for them and family (we have a big family but I just wanted immediate family to make it easier). So they got their day. Me - whatever I got my hubby and that's what counts - and after he took his bar exams 3 months later we did go to Disney!

Okay so - I've been so many times but never ever have been on Kali River Rapids. Also haven't been on Splash Mountain in a while. Not fun having wet undies!

I was a resort snob until two things happened. One: Disney prices kept going through the roof. Two: daughter and I stayed at Pop Century. We had just as much fun, if not more, there!

My husband is not into Disney any longer. He's coming to join us this coming week. Don't know how I feel about it. GRRRRR

My water bottle may or may not contain water.

I think waiting in long lines to meet a character is stupid! My kids never had "autograph books" and they've been over 15 times. But hey, lots of kids love it!

Planning my milestone birthday, and a solo trip to Disney may work (if not a cruise).

I've taken large groups to Disney, and hate it. Extended family trips? NO WAY - done it once and never again. I know Disney well, and they just suck the fun right out of it. The less involved the more fun. That's just me though.

Wow! Finally made it through all of these confessions! It's taken me quite a while, but they are totally helping me get through the long wait until my trip.

One of my secrets is that I looked for an extra Johnny Depp every time we rode POC in DL because I had heard that sometimes he'll show up in costume and pretend to be part of the ride.

Persuaded my 5 year old to ride TOT and HM even though I know she's afraid of ghosts.

Planning a two week trip to WDW using the excuse of my cousin's wedding which is taking place in FL, but not anywhere near Disney. Though I keep wishing I could skip the wedding and have another Disney day.

Missing Disney so much, that I'm trying to convince my husband to take an anniversary trip to DL, even though I already have a trip planned this year.

Have wanted all of my adult life to go to Italy, and we FINALLY booked a trip this fall, 3 days in Venice, 10 day Mediterranean cruise. Going with a group, which includes a best friend (and awesome travel mate!) and just found out another best friend may be coming, too. It doesn't get much better But wait... My DD wants to go to WDW to celebrate her 40th birthday this year, so she and I have booked ourselves that trip.

Guess which trip has me more excited??? Shhhh, don't tell my secret!

was a resort snob until two things happened. One: Disney prices kept going through the roof. Two: daughter and I stayed at Pop Century. We had just as much fun, if not more, there!
I was the same the first 2 trips. I couldn't bear the idea of screaming children massing around me & crowding me at a Value Resort. Then both the rising prices and up & down Cdn dollar, forced me to try the POP and I was hooked. To my surprise, I loved it. No more screaming children at POP than anywhere else on property. Clean & safe rooms for sleeping at night and then I'm off to the parks all day. I usually eat elsewhere as well. And I love the theming. I always find some fun little memento of when I was a kid. Superior busing and much better transpo IMO than most Mods.

Disney

-it took me over a month to read this thread. I laughed out loud and I love it!

-I must admit I drove really fast from my house, just to say I live 59 minutes from Disneyland (we are in San Diego County)

-in the 80s at Grad Night, my then boyfriend (now husband) and I might have done something on security monitors of Peoplemover worth watching. Good thing he married me! (Blush)

-Adventures in Inner Space at DL encouraged the same above behavior (boring!). No wonder they replaced it with a Star Tours!

-I LOVE the Peter Pan ride. I can't tell you why but it makes me happy.

- I don't know what a figment is?

- I could ride Soarin all day and....I've been known to cheer out loud when they show San Diego!

-I could eat a frozen chocolate banana every day of my visit. Yum!

-when Mickey raises his hands over his head in Fantasmic, I giggle like a little girl!

-I secretly LOVE the rain in summer at WDW, it must be the novelty of it coming from So. Ca

-I owned the country bear jamboree soundtrack as a child and still have it memorized. Even down to even the little teddy bear "beeps".

-I am an elementary school principal and love that I can decorate my office all things Disney and even have a Disney school theme next year. Our school is the happiest place on Earth!

-I can spot Mickey Mouse a mile away. I will briefly walk by an aisle of a store and double back to, sure enough, find a random object with my favorite mouse on it.

-on that same note, I see hidden mickeys wherever I go!

- I won't ride Mission Space orange because I'm afraid I'll have a stroke or seizure. Love scary rides but gotta keep this one tame.

-when I'm on TOT, I don't know whether I'm going up or down! Ha ha so weird

-my husband and I are going back to WDW this summer....without our kids...and I can't wait!!!!

Whew, that's a lot to get off my chest! I feel better now. Disney Therapy!

I signed up for the half marathon next January. I'm excited about the race but just as excited about going to WDW without having to worry about pleasing DW, DS14 and DS5.

I signed up for the half marathon next January. I'm excited about the race but just as excited about going to WDW without having to worry about pleasing DW, DS14 and DS5.
How did you sign up , if registration opens on 4/26? Just curious as we are waiting to also sign up

I've never ever seen Tinkerbell flying before the MK fireworks.
I hate Soarin' . Think I just lost my Disney credo!

True confession...I love it, but I am terrified every time. I am very much afraid of heights!

-I LOVE the Peter Pan ride. I can't tell you why but it makes me happy.

Same here. It's my favorite!

-when Mickey raises his hands over his head in Fantasmic, I giggle like a little girl!

I love that part too!

-I owned the country bear jamboree soundtrack as a child and still have it memorized. Even down to even the little teddy bear "beeps".

If I knew this existed, I would have it right now! My favorite is Blood on the Saddle. I sing it really loudly.

- I won't ride Mission Space orange because I'm afraid I'll have a stroke or seizure. Love scary rides but gotta keep this one tame.

Not so afraid of strokes or seizures, but I really am afraid of throwing up. Not interested in a ride that includes an air sickness bag.

I have a few:

I don't like Winnie the Pooh and friends
I've never seen UP
I don't think Mickey Waffles taste better than normal waffles (though I still love them and look forward to them on every trip!)
I don't have the love for the original characters that others do. Sure I love Mickey Minnie, etc. But i'm much more about the Disney renaissance (Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, Cars, etc.)

Haven't read this whole thread, but I have a confession of my own. I am planning a WDW trip with our little one, because I have always wanted to go back since my first visit , but didn't have an excuse until now. Unless we run out of money, I am planning to stay at the Contemporary, because ever since I rode thru that hotel, I have wanted to stay there. And I don't care what else we see, but we have to ride It's a Small World.

Confession #2. I would love to go to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival with just women. If I could find a group going, I would join them sight unseen, if they would have me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter