What is your fav "adult" aspect of WDW?

I love being carefree....I get to be the child & have fun!
And the dining!!! THE BEST!

BriarRosie....
You must hit SHULA'S....it is pricey. For my husband and I it cost $265. We had wine (2 glasses each), split an appetizer, both had entrees, shared sides, and each had our own dessert. It was our treat this past May. The food was EXCELLENT!! A typical steakhouse....dark wood, dimmed lights inside, big chairs. The coolest thing is that your menu is on a football! Also...it isn't a place for children. There were none there while we had dinner. It is quite & can be romantic too;)

Fulton's....another excellent dinner. The best King Crab legs & fresh seafood. Not as pricey as Shula's....but great atmosphere. We had reservations & watched the sunset. For 2 I think it was around $150. We drank wine...split an appetizer, 2 entrees, & my hubby had dessert.

Our new try this December is Narcoosee's, Spoodles & Teppanayki! :sunny:
And feedback would be great!

A little over three months to be a KID again!:wave2:

Epcot and the WDW resort hotels.

Eating - I have food allergies - I have sick too often - for eating out to ever be a favorite.

Now I am definitely over-weight - just start posting to Wishes -

but the places I stay at has a kitchen or a kitchenett.

the WDW resort hotels are so very different - each is amazing - they are so much fun to explore!

Epcot - I have loved this park since my first visit in 82 (might be 83) and it is my favorite - the exhibit change enough that each year - there is something new to do or ride.

I have only gone to AK a couple of times - so I haven't experience this park fully yet.

The freedom and carefree aspect of it all. No driving (stay on site) and so many things to feed the senses.

Love the smells, sights and sounds. Can't narrow it down to one thing, it's just the entire atmosphere and the chance to be a kid again.

The "escapism" aspect. One day you are in the real world then you drive under that wonderful Walt Disney World sign and you are transported into a fantasy land of dreams and fun.

I have never found any other place on earth that gave me that same feeling.

Pig Pin wrote: I have never found any other place on earth that gave me that same feeling.

"Ain't" that the truth!!!!!!
:sunny:

Ohhhh....don't forget F & W Festival--- great for Adults!

DH and I just returned from WDW. We had the best trip of our lives !!! Our favorite part of going to WDW without kids is the slow pace. We can STROLL through the parks and through the shopping areas. We can enjoy any place we choose to eat!!! We don't have to get a VOTE on where everyone wants to go and what can everyone find to eat. It is definately wonderful with kids, however----we can still see the excitement in the kids eyes........they just don't have to be OUR kids !!! Plus, when they start crying how they want to find Pluto, or Minnie---we can just smile and stroll on at our own pace.

I, too, am impressed with your comment, though I did not view your website. I appreciate your weight loss success. Keep up the good work!

We have always made it a practice to SHARE as many meals as possible at WDW. First - it helps the budget, and Second - it helps to keep from packing on the pounds. I have yet to come home from a trip to WDW when I haven't dropped 5 pounds or more.

I'm not terribly overweight but do carry an extra 20-25# or so around all year, so WDW sort of becomes my diet destination. I find it also helps now that the stands carry fresh fruit & veggies!

This year I am losing ahead of the trip - thought I would use the 12 days at WDW to build up the muscles - all that walking ya know? Figure I might be able to out-run a few youngsters on the way to the Tower of Terror this time.

I have to agree with the inner child. My parents did take me to amusement/theme parks as a child and those are the truly happy memories that leave me with that wonderful feeling (carefree, not a care in the world). I still love the fact that I learn something new or find something new everytime I go (then I wonder if it was there before and I just never noticed it). This trip is the Keys TTK tour and I can't wait to learn all they have to teach that I didn't know before. I love the architecture of most of the property and just enjoy walking around admiring it (I also love to watch the Meet me in ST. Louis movie as the houses remind me of Main Street). I really loved the fact that Walt created it all so that everyone could enjoy it and feel like a kid.

I love that we can go there and they have so much to offer right at your fingertips. Without kids HAVING to do all the "Disney Stuff" we have time to catch a movie, play miniature golf, do our favorite Disney Park stuff, enjoy the resort, read about and do some things we haven't done before. Just a bunch of "stuff", all at your fingertips.

Well, I have to say we do plan our meals out months in advance and discuss and re-discuss where we'll eat this time!!! As with most, we do love those restaurants!!!

For me it's definitely the "whole new world" feeling. On property the "real world" is far away, all there is is great stuff to do, lots to see, awe and enjoyment.

As I often tell people, the most difficult decision I have to make on vacation is "do I want a hamburger or a full sit down meal?" otherwise I can just go with the flow and find great stuff to do all around me! Relaxing, active, childish, adult, formal, silly... it's all there!

Get up in the morning, jump into shorts & a t-shirt and fun, fun, fun.

I'm going nuts....waiting for my trip to arrive. :tongue:

Originally posted by AlwaysAPrincess
I love being carefree....I get to be the child & have fun!
And the dining!!! THE BEST!

Our new try this December is Narcoosee's, Spoodles & Teppanayki! :sunny:
And feedback would be great!

A little over three months to be a KID again!:wave2:

You suggested Shula's and Fulton's. Since I haven't done either of those, I'll have to put them on the backburner. :D

Turnabout is fair play, so I'll tell you what I think of the eateries you listed.

Narcoosee's: I went in a party of 6, and I think everyone but me liked the food. I found my scallops underwhelming. I'll have to return and try something else to see if I just had an "off" item.
The rest of my group enjoyed their meals.

Spoodles: Tapas rock! (And so does a pitcher or two of sangria!)
Four of us shared tapas and sangria....and we had the Tower of Desserts! (It's a sampler of all their desserts, just in smaller sizes on a mult-tiered rack.) Yummy food.

And Teppanyaki is about what you'd expect from your Benihana or similar Japanese steakhouse, where they cook at the table with communal seating. It's still fun, though.

I think the great thing is that you do not have to be adults when you enter WDW ( other than to whip out that credit card ). We always fly down than take a towncar to WDW, than I do not have to drive again for our whole stay.

We just love to try new and familiar places on each trip. We also have so much fun getting our pictures taken with all the different characters.

THERE IS NO PLACE BETTER TO VACATION THAN WDW.............

I've got to agree with the opportunity to be a child again comments- although I'm hardly adult (early 20s), I can't wait to go back there and act like a little kid! I was a quiet and reserved little kid and have grown to be a hyper, excitable inner child so I can't wait!!!

My DH and I are almost 55. We grew up with the MM Club, longed to go to Disney Land, but we live in PA, and our parents could never afford this in the 1950's. Now it's like being a kid with lots of money to spend. I love dressing in my Disney clothes, wearing ears, and now worrying how silly I look. When I think of the brilliant minds and depth of imagination those who have created the magic must have, I am awe struck. How does someone come up with It's Tough to be a Bug? Every little detail is so exact and precise. Ever notice no flies or bees? The beauty of the Wilderness Lodge, Main Street, the gounds of the Port Orleans...when I think that Walt Disney never lived long enough to see his vision, his dream come to fruition, I am sad. I love the movie about his life in One Man's Dream.
My husband has travelled the world with the Air Force and he says that there is no place he would rather be than WDW - it is clean, safe, and offers everything. I just love everything about WDW and Mickey Mouse.

I love that WDW IS a great solo destinantion for adults. I'm 55, can relate growing up in the 50's wanting to go do DL but never able to. I got a 3D Disneyland game once...closest I got to it. First trip to WDW was in 85. Not that many recently, as money/time were tight. I leave for WDW 12/12-12/24 for the first trip in awhile. Am so looking forward to being there for Christmas Decorations, watching families with young kids, etc. It's a great place to relax and be around people during the holidays. I've bought an AP and have several trips in the works for this year. I don't do the sit-down dining thing solo. Like Spiceycat, I prefer a place with a kitchen. But I do so love Mickey waffles!:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter