What is your favorite restaurant that is on the monorail route

aaronamy

DVC members since 2002
I don't really care for the food in the Magic Kingdom for dinner so we thought we would hop on the monorail and eat at one of the restaurants at a monorail resort. What is your favorite?

QS or TS? Signature or no? Characters or no? So many questions 🤣

For TS I like the grand Floridian cafe. 1900 park fare is fun if you want characters. I would love to try CG or Narcooses if you are looking signature but we havent yet.

For QS I like the Poly.

Ohana! Several years ago I would also say Kona... but we havent been to that one in a few years so....

1900 PF is fun if you want characters. California Grill is always good but a bit pricey.

The Wave has outstanding food and is a quick walk or monorail ride from MK. My family has also also really enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe, but we’ve only had the breakfast food there.

California Grill or Narcoossee's for signature, The Wave for TS. We've been to 'Ohana three times now and the last two were pretty disappointing--seemed like the food quality has declined--so we don't plan on returning.

There are many variations on the theme, so I'll give mine just for grins.
V&A: yeah, I know--expensive, hard to get, but it is my favorite on the monorail
Il Mulino: yep, gotta walk out of Epcot, but it's worth it; while you're at it, try Kimono's
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
: again at Epcot, and you can't make ADR there. But, it's fun, relaxing, has good antipasto, and you can order from Tutto Italia
CG Brunch: hard to get, only on Sundays, but one of the better meal experiences at the World

Signature - Cali Grill
Table service - The Wave
Quick Service - take a boat to WL Geyser Point

Based purely on Food Quality, Service, Value: 1. Citricos 2. Wave
All others are hit or miss. Narcoosees more hit than miss, Cali Grill More miss than hit.

How I wish Kona was still what it used to be.

We really enjoy the Wave. It has been the best overall restaurant for us on the monorail loop and one of top 10 over all. If you don't care about the price I would also add Cali Grill.

Citrico's for us. If you want something a bit simpler/less expensive Grand Floridian Cafe.

For us it used to be close between Kona Café and The Wave, but our most recent visit will probably be our last. The menu has changed too much and the price is way up. So now I'd say The Wave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter