What is your Guide there for?

Lalita

Mouseketeer
Hope this question makes sense, the wording seems off. Anyways I just bought into DVC this past trip, we actually purchase in 2001 and had to cancel when we got home, cause our dollar(canadian) was very low. We were assigned a guide Nick, and also got him this time around as well, I actually heard him saying to people at the front desk that we were assigned someone else, a guide name Bruce and that he changed it, not sure exactly how he knew. lol. Sorry for the longwinded story:goodvibes , so I guess my question is what do they do for you? Or do they just there for the first inital presentation? Are you stuck with them for the remainer of the contract or whenever they retire or leave the company?

As is often the case with sales consultants (DVC Guides are sales consultants) when you work with one, the company does "assign" you to that person. In your case, the first time you purchased and ultimately cancelled the original sales consultant did spend the time presenting and completing the sales process. When you cancel, they do not receive their payment, but remain assigned to you in case you purchase down the road, as you did in this case.

You will contact your guide if you decide to add on any additional points down the road. They will handle all your sales needs with DVC. If they leave the company (as my original guide did) they will assign you to a new one. Hope this helps!

Your guide can also help you with financial questions around your purchase or payments down the road -- although that often consists of simply holding your hand while forwarding your call to the accounting department.

As others have said, basically you don't really need a guide again unless you want to make an additional purchase. Member Services and Member Accounting are your sources for using your membership.

If you find down the road that you are uncomfortable dealing with your guide, you may request someone else. For the last 5+ years I've had no idea who my guide is -- whenever there is a space on a communication for "DVC Guide" it just says "DVC Member Family"

Just a note to original poster. Our guide is Nick and he's fantastic. No pressure to buy but always willing to answer questions or help out anyway he can. We have purchased 3 separate contracts from him. He always returns his phone messages too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter