What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Re. bags, I'm planning to take a small backpack into the parks, am I allowed to take this on ALL rides or not? If not, are there lockers near to rides?

On my last trip, I had a drawstring backpack that I took everywhere. They hold considerably more than I thought and had no trouble on any of the rides with it.

I saw several comments about digestive enzymes and my question is - what is it and what is it for? Is it for adults and children?

They're basically the "stuff" that breaks down food in your saliva, stomach and other "guts" in a pill form. I took them when I was younger, around 5 or so for stomach aches. I like to think of them as mega-beano, since they work on gas as well. Sorry for my lack of technical terms but biology was never my strong suit. :lmao:

Not strictly a Disney tip but if you have a rental car and a 'spare' day (yeah I know!) it's worth a drive out to Christmas to post your holiday cards.

They're basically the "stuff" that breaks down food in your saliva, stomach and other "guts" in a pill form. I took them when I was younger, around 5 or so for stomach aches. I like to think of them as mega-beano, since they work on gas as well. Sorry for my lack of technical terms but biology was never my strong suit. :lmao:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm going to look into these since I'm taking a 5 and 6 year old.

One thing that I never remember to pack but always wish I had is a poster tube. My kids like to do the Animation Academy (and other things, like Artists' Palette or even just coloring on their placemats). It's a pain to try to get those things home without ruining them.

Alternatively, I'd take two large flat pieces of cardboard that I could sandwich the stuff in in my luggage. I had to beg some off of one of the DTD stores last time when my DD went with a friend to SeaWorld and had a matter caricature done.

Wow, lots of great ideas, the one I will certainly remember is to pack a power strip for the room it will be a best friend I'm quite sure with all the gadgets we have that needs charging, I just hope this isn't against any rules to fly with a power strip in my checked luggages.

There's so many ideas there I don't think anything can be added to this thread.

When we travel I have my DH take the kids for 10-15 minutes to explore the hotel while I quickly get things cleaned up and unpack.

This year while I get things ready I am going to have the kids decorated our room window with clings, etc.

Kids get antsy to check out the pool, but I have to get things organized first otherwise it will never get done.

GREAT TIPS EVERYONE!!! THANKS A TON!!!

Love this idea! We'll certainly be taking clings with us this time.

We are flying (*not* SW), so have to be careful with the weight of our suitcases. I cannot live without baby wipes, so I will dry a bunch of them out (like a whole pack) to make them much lighter, and then reconstitute them with bottled water at Disney. I will toss them at the end of the trip.

Hope this helps!
Barbie

My mom and I absolutely HATE bringing backpacks to Disney. Having to go through bag check, taking it off when you get on a ride...and then sometimes forgetting to put it back on... ;)

So for our last trip, my mom and I bought fishing vests with about 10 pockets on each of them.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! :cool1:

We never had to go through bag check and open all the pockets. Everything we needed: bottled water, rain ponchos, money, credit cards, cell phone, etc. fit in all the pockets. Plus, since the pockets were all over, it spread the weight around and we never had sore backs at the end of the day.

Now this probably won't work if you have small children, especially those that are not toilet trained, and if you're worried about how you look in the park then this probably won't be for you. (I felt I was channeling 'The Crocodile Hunter' at some points.) But for us, it worked great and we'll probably never bring a backpack to Disney again. :goodvibes

Wow, lots of great ideas, the one I will certainly remember is to pack a power strip for the room it will be a best friend I'm quite sure with all the gadgets we have that needs charging, I just hope this isn't against any rules to fly with a power strip in my checked luggages.

There's so many ideas there I don't think anything can be added to this thread.

I bought a square power strip that has 3 USB ports in it as well. We have taken it on many trips. It's nice to be able to charge everything in one place.

Instead of bringing my wallet to the parks, I use a Vera Bradley waterproof wristlet. It really comes in handy on water rides, plus it fits my phone!
I can't find a waterproof wristlet anywhere...I would be really interested in one of those.
We are flying (*not* SW), so have to be careful with the weight of our suitcases. I cannot live without baby wipes, so I will dry a bunch of them out (like a whole pack) to make them much lighter, and then reconstitute them with bottled water at Disney. I will toss them at the end of the trip.

Hope this helps!
Barbie
Seriously, this is the MOST genius idea I've ever heard!

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I always wet a sponge at home with water and dish soap and then dry it out. Once it's dry I cut it into 4 pieces and pack them in a zip lock. Quick and easy way to wash up cups and things in your hotel room.

My mom and I absolutely HATE bringing backpacks to Disney. Having to go through bag check, taking it off when you get on a ride...and then sometimes forgetting to put it back on... ;)

So for our last trip, my mom and I bought fishing vests with about 10 pockets on each of them.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! :cool1:

We never had to go through bag check and open all the pockets. Everything we needed: bottled water, rain ponchos, money, credit cards, cell phone, etc. fit in all the pockets. Plus, since the pockets were all over, it spread the weight around and we never had sore backs at the end of the day.

Now this probably won't work if you have small children, especially those that are not toilet trained, and if you're worried about how you look in the park then this probably won't be for you. (I felt I was channeling 'The Crocodile Hunter' at some points.) But for us, it worked great and we'll probably never bring a backpack to Disney again. :goodvibes

lol! What a smart idea! Hands free and no security! I love when DH and I go by ourselves. With no kids and their junk I stuff his pockets full of the essentials and skip out on security!

It may sound a bit wierd but i use a bag designed to conceal carry a firearm to haul my video camera, candy snacks, and odds and ends. The thing i like best is the inner compartment has a waterproof bag built in with a draw string. That along with the flap makes it very impervious to water from splashing or rain. It has a number of pockets and such for little bits and it also handles the dozen or so pins i have on it. It has an across the vest shoulder strap and a waist belt that keeps it snug.

Reactions: ffw
ALL great ideas!!

Well, don't laugh, but I wear a small tasteful fanny-pack (who knew fanny packs could be tasteful?!) and besides an apple, power bar, sunglasses....I bring a small travel-size deodorant and a clean, fresh pair of panties! ;) I can't stand being all sweaty and love being able to wash up about mid-way through the day. I toss my old undies in the restroom trash and enjoy the rest of the hot afternoon in fresh undies and clean freshly washed underarms! :cool1:

ooOh, and a little bit of moleskin in case someone gets a blister!

I bought a stroller bag from Babies R Us. It straps to the stroller handle. Has several Velcro compartments as well as a big, long mesh pocket. And even a much needed extra cup holder.
REALLY great addition to the WDW strollers!

PEANUT BUTTER! I get bad hiccups and peanut butter is the only thing that can cure them almost instantly. So I always pack some and not to mention it is tasty!
I was reading through this thread and 100% agree with this. I thought I was the only one that did it.:lmao: I get hiccups bad enough that I get a headache if I don't get them stopped and the ONLY thing that stops them is PB.

For those of you that have purchased and used the Bobbles in the parks, I have a question...how do you keep it with you? This is our second trip (upcoming 1/28-2/5 our 1st trip was same time last year) and after reading all of these tips last year, I was SUPER prepared.

So we will have the stroller, with a cup holder and a mommy hook but I'm trying to figure out how we could make something that would attach to a carabiner. I've googled a few things and can't seem to find a clip or attachment!

Suggestions?!?!

I just saw an attachment for water bottles (will work with Bobbles too) at The Container Store. One end attached to the Bobble, the other was a carabiner. HTH!!

One thing that I never remember to pack but always wish I had is a poster tube. My kids like to do the Animation Academy (and other things, like Artists' Palette or even just coloring on their placemats). It's a pain to try to get those things home without ruining them.

Alternatively, I'd take two large flat pieces of cardboard that I could sandwich the stuff in in my luggage. I had to beg some off of one of the DTD stores last time when my DD went with a friend to SeaWorld and had a matter caricature done.

From what I hear there is a Lake Buena Vista Post Office on (or near) the property. The USPS usually provides free mailing tubes if you ship the item Priority Mail. I have no idea how much it costs to ship but you know it will arrive in good condition!

I've just spent 2 days going through these tips! As I'm from the UK, I can't access a lot of the things mentioned so have made lists for our trip to Walmart once we arrive ;)

Re. bags, I'm planning to take a small backpack into the parks, am I allowed to take this on ALL rides or not? If not, are there lockers near to rides?

Many of you have mentioned bedbugs :scared1: I've never really thought about these before on my travels but I'm paranoid now! Apart from the ill advised oils some people use, what puts your mind at rest dealing with these?

Huge thanks for this thread everyone :yay:

Keep luggage on a rack or in the bathtub so no creepy crawlies travel home with you. Check the mattress/sheet for any stains that look like blood, especially at the mattress corners. Watch out for bites on you in threes (like three right in a row). If you think there is a problem, ask to change rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter