What is your overall impression of MLS?

I have tried to watch and find it boring, frankly. I prefer American football.
Thanks for the response. I’m wondering if any non soccer fans will tune into MLS Cup though on December 11th since it’s the soccer Super Bowl game of North America?

Thanks for the response. I’m wondering if any non soccer fans will tune into MLS Cup though on December 11th since it’s the soccer Super Bowl game of North America?
Not me. I'm guessing most non-fans wouldn't care what the game was. That's about all I can say without getting into watching grass grow...

I know it's the most popular sport in the world, but I think non-fans are non-fans.

It's a good league for what it is. I'm a big soccer fan and if I lived in a city with an MLS franchise, no matter which one it was, I'd have season tickets. The first professional sporting event we took my son to was a Crew game and pre-pandemic we would try to hit up at least one game a year in Columbus.

The league will never be the EPL, Serie A, Liga MX or really even the Championship but I think as far as talent goes it is up there with many of the second and third tier European ligues and even ahead of many dometic ligues in soccer countries that lose all their talent to Europe at a young age.

I think they have over expanded and will likely contract slightly at some point but I also think the MLS will surpass NHL in the near future as far as TV viewership goes. There are places the MLS will never be bigger than NHL (Boston, Detroit, Buffalo, Philly) but across the US I think soccer will pass hockey as a spectator sport especially with the pending World Cup in 2026.

If anyone wants an easy introduction to soccer, Philadelphia and Nashville are about to go to " Kicks From The Mark" (aka Penalty Kick) to decide their game.

810P ET. ESPN

Founding Member at Atlanta United. Joined as soon as they opened the portal and got to pick our season ticket seats fairly early. Front row second level - great view. Many around us are still original season ticket holders. While we've attended all kinds of professional sports I can say that our fan base is much more diverse in every way imaginable, it is awesome and like a family! Our owner is great and he owns the stadium.

Lots of soccer was played in our house, as well as certified referees. DH & DS were big Premier League fans, not same team of course. DH got to see his team in person a few times. MLS soccer coming to Atlanta was a huge plus for us!

Even though we are out for the season, we watched the other teams' playoffs today on tv.

For me who grew up in a non-sport household, but grew to enjoy all the major sports with my family and have attended many professional football, basketball, baseball, hockey games - I love soccer, much more than any of the other sports. It is fast moving! I get bored with most other sports but alas they are still on our television, lots. I watch more baseball now that I have a family member playing and sitting here watching a football game with a friend playing ........ but I still like soccer better.

That penalty shootout. 😬😲

Talk about totally tanking .... :eek:

You know it can't hurt to watch when it's on tv. You never know when you might find something new you like. I think some folks will tune in that don't follow normally.

We have quite a few friends who never watched a soccer game before who bought season tickets because of us enjoying it so much. One friend had never watched a professional sports team in his entire life - took him to a match and now he's watching them at home, in another state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter