What item in your Owner's Locker would make me say "Why didn't I think of that?"

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
I got my first Owner's Locker last month, and filled it about half way with items from my suitcase. I have a list of things that I'm planning on bringing down in an extra bag when I do back to Disney World in December.

As I've talked to my friends who have lockers, they've given me some ideas of things to put in it that I hadn't thought about --like a Britta Pitcher and real plates and bowls. In addition to the necessary toiletries, beach towels, rain gear, and other items like that, I'm trying to think of things that would enhance my hotel stays, but that I might not bring on a trip normally.

So, what do you have in your locker that is going to make me say "Why didn't I think of that?"

Right now, the most unusual thing I'm planning on putting in my locker is a framed picture of my nieces and nephews. I always miss them when I'm away, and seeing their faces makes me smile, so I thought I'd put a picture of them in my locker so I can put it on my nightstand at the resort.

The one thing I learned (the hard way) was to tuck in some extra camera batteries-if you have to buy them at WDW, they're very expensive. And of course, my camera batteries decided to die on the first day of my most recent vacation. Duh! Why didn't I think to have some extra batteries?

That is a good idea and if you use rechargeable maybe look into a second charger. You may look into shipping your stuff for your locker to your hotel to be there upon arrival, you can insure it and if something is broken you are covered. Otherwise, if you use ME and something is damaged you would have trouble figuring out if it was before or after WDW picked up your luggage. Also less baggage to take to the airport.

We have a luggage scale. Even with my OL I still come dangerously close to the 50lb limit. Never a problem going down but its nice to have a scale to weight our luggage for the return trip home to avoid any surprises at MCO.

Maybe a welcome home surprise...bottle champaign or disney dollars???

Be inventive, it makes it more fun, especially when you forgot you put it in there!

• use the locker in place of the imaginary coffee table in your BWV villa
  • when your luggage is delayed and the resort misplaces it for 6 hours, use the toiletries in your locker
  • use the milk frother in your locker to make lattes
  • use the sandwich maker and Nutella in your locker to make toasted banana and Nutella sandwiches for breakfast

I probably should be disqualified from commenting on this one but I can't resist. When I was testing the concept, I would always keep a bottle of champagne and some little candles (tea lights) in our "Florida Box" and when my wife and I had had one of those days when our four kids drove us nuts, I'd light the candles and fire up the jacuzzi in our room at Old Key West for a relaxing end to a stressful day in the parks.
John

oh yes, candles and matches are in my locker, along with a lighter.... didn't want to mention it as it caused a little brouhaha last time, but since John mentioned it, I will as well!!

Maybe a welcome home surprise...bottle champaign or disney dollars???

Be inventive, it makes it more fun, especially when you forgot you put it in there!

We don't have an owner's locker, but if we ever get one, we'll be sure to do this!

I'm bringing a pair of slippers in Oct. to leave in my OL. I don't like going barefoot in the room, but I also don't like to wear shoes.

pinnie

I'd probably put a twin size airbed in there and the auto inflate pump. Every once in awhile we have kids along who don't care to share a bed! I hate taking the airbed in the suitcase, and sometime the kids also wont use the living room.

Getting an Owners Locker is sounding more and more like a good thing to do!:goodvibes

We have a pizza pan and pizza cutter in our locker. While certainly not a necessity, I also have pliers, a small screwdriver, a packet of pencils, pencil sharpener, sewing kit and number of items that I hope we never really have to use - but I sure feel more secure knowing I have access to some basic "stuff" on every trip.

a bottle of advil!

On our last trip DH had a HUGE headache and the kids (and I) didn't want to leave Epcot :sad2:

I went into Mousegears and bought him some advil.. $2.25 for 2 pills!!

Man, I can buy a bottle of 500 here for $2.50!

Overall it was a great $2 to spend, he felt better and we have a great day at Epcot as a family, but I'd rather spend that towards a Dole Whip :goodvibes:

I like to have my Mickey wire whisk (these are not stocked in DVC kitchens and I had to buy them at AP) and Pizza Cutter so I store those in my OL.

Also, the Spa at SSR was having a sale on the Mystical Forest products (gels, candles, lotions, bodywash) last time I was there, so I left a few of my favorites in my OL for the Jacuzzi tub along with a candle.

One of those hot plate candle warmers. I get the smell of my candle all day without the flame and my candle lasts longer for more trips.

Refrigerator Magnets. I like to hang the Community Hall schedule on the door.

Next trip I am taking my favorite Cutco kitchen shears. :love:

I have a whole department store in that box! LOL!!

I have Kitchen and Bath, Sporting Goods, Pharmacy, Hardware, Outdoors, Beauty, Apparrel and Housewares. It's like Target in a box!

Also, the Spa at SSR was having a sale on the Mystical Forest products (gels, candles, lotions, bodywash) last time I was there, so I left a few of my favorites in my OL for the Jacuzzi tub along with a candle.

do you have to make a reservation and use the Spa - to be able to shop there?

OT: Can someone esle use your owner's locker? I.e. if one of my sisters goes down, can she also use my locker?

Hey Donald is #1,
Of course you can. We have lots of people who either share Lockers or let others use theirs. May favorite is the couple who created a "wedding Locker" for their son and new daughter in law for their honeymoon.
John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter