What luck have you had at Chef Mickey's with no PS?

ErinC

DIS Veteran
We are checking in at VWL on Sunday 11/30. There will be 5 adults and 3 children. I really wanted a PS at Chef Mickey's but none are available for our party of 8. What if we showed up right at 5:00, what would our chances be of getting seated? Anybody have any experience with this? We have walked up once before, there were only 4 of us, and a it didn't seem that our wait was really long. MK closes at 6:00p.m. this night and it is the first night of MVMCP.

Well with that many people and MVMCP going on it may be tough to just walk in. We did it a couple of years ago but there were only two of us. I'd keep calling everyday--someone might cancel. Or, you could make a PS some where else just in case you can't just walk in. (You can always cancel it.) It seems to me, however, that they would hold back a few tables for walk ups. Good Luck! :D

They do hold a certain small % of tables just for walk-ups and we've walked up to Chef Mickey's a couple of different times and never had a problem.

That being said, with such a large # in your party, I doubt you'd be able to walk up and get a table for 8:( You may be able to get 2 tables for 4 though if you are willing to split up. I'd keep calling back to see if you can get the PS and in the mean time either book another 2nd choice restaurant or try for a walk up but plan to have to split up.

Best of luck;)

We had no problem, but then there are only three of us.

I've eaten at Chef Mickey's before MVMCP and it's crazy busy!!! I highly doubt they will be able to fit your party of 8 at 5:00p when most everyone else is there eating and then heading to MVMCP that night...

We had to wait a good 20 minutes for our table for 2 and we had a PS!!! We were one of those people heading to the party too.

We will be there November 30 with a 6:30 PS!!! Party of 9! We are not, however, attending the party that night...instead we're going Dec 2 this year!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies. We do have a PS at GF for 7:00p.m. at 1900 park fare. But I really wanted Chef Mickey's. We are staying at VWL so I thought maybe we could boat over to the Contemporary and see if it was a possibility, if not we could hop on the monorail over to GF for our 7:00 ps. Just to clarify, we are not going to MVMCP that night, I was just trying to let you know of the circumstances. Thanks!

While others have had success, DH and I were turned down at 5 PM (and it wasn't a busy season).

1900 PF is so much better than Chef Mickey's. The buffet has better food. You will not get Mickey, but you will get Cinderella and her friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter