What Makes DLP Unique?

Fortunate enough to have visited all the US parks, DLP and Tokyo so I'm going to add a comment here.

Firstly the castle, (and the dragon the dragon is awesome there is never enough love for the dragon!) is just so beautiful. Yes, the other parks are pretty, but there's something about that one it just takes your breath away with how lovely it is. At sunset when the light is just right there's no view quite like it.

I feel like disney learnt from the previous attempts at building a park and that went into the design of DLP. Disneyland Park just flows better the Magic Kingdom in WDW can feel congested even on a quiet day, but in Paris thinks just seem to be spread out nicely, and the liberty and discovery arcades are game changers for moving around the park when there's a parade on or (more likey) if it's raining.

I like their version of pirates best. Personal preference but I just feel like it's the best version of the ride. The shops still seem to have different merchandise in different places I felt like WDW and DL have sort of lost this now. Every shop feels very samey in those places. (exception of star wars land)

The dinning experiences are different, staff do not bend over backwards to make it the best meal you've ever had in your life, and service can be a little on the slow side if you're used to US quick service where the food is already being plated up within seconds of your order going through.

We had a mini food festival in 2018 and 2019. It was very small with foods from all different regions from France. And somehow I remember Belgium.
Food has never been DLP's focus as the culture around food is different. It's not fast cuisine and that's the thing with a theme park.

Lee Cockerell mentions some things about it in his book Creating Magic. He was head Food & Beverage at the opening of DLP. I don't remember the exact issues he ran into, one was the option to sell wine / alcohol at the parks. That was not a thing Disney wanted to be known for, but it was such a part of French culture, it was impossible to do without.

Interesting, I will have to check out the book if I can find it. The food festival with foods from different regions of France sound wonderful, I can't believe I missed it.

Interesting, I will have to check out the book if I can find it. The food festival with foods from different regions of France sound wonderful, I can't believe I missed it.
It was in the area near Ratatouille in the Studios. The first year the food was so-so, lot of start up issues. Second year was better, but still not great.

It was called Rendez-Vous Gourmand de Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter