What movie did you watch over and over again as a kid?

The only way to see movies when I was a kid was to go to the theater, so we couldn't watch a favorite movie over and over. What we did do was read a favorite book over and over. Mine were Beautiful Joe and Black Beauty. I wish kids would read more these days.

i just remember having to hit the tracking button over and over again, the more worn down the vhs became hahaha

Grease! I would watch it and rewind it and watch it again. Over and over and over again. I also watched the following many times

Beaches
Willow
Princess Bride
Sound of Music
Gone with the Wind (watched this every year while stinging popcorn for the christmas tree.)
Wizard of Oz

All Dogs go to Heaven -- wore out the tape and I had to save up my money to get a new copy.
The Lion King
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead -- I don't know why I was so obsessed with this, I taped it off HBO
Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom

when I was a kid, the movies we watched over and over were whatever happened to be being broadcast on tv that particular day. Of course my childhood was pre-streaming, pre-DVD and VCR and we didn't have the option of cable until I was about 10.

We didn't have cable so there were a bunch of movies (VHS) we watched a lot. When we were little it was mostly Warner Brothers stuff, most of which is probably considered too violent for kids now but we knew not to drop anvils on our brothers. We would also go through phases with specific Disney movies where one of us (me or my brothers) would have one movie we wanted to watch over and over for a few months at a time. I remember Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, and a few Winnie the Pooh movies. I know there were more but I've overwritten that segment of memory.

Once we got a little older it was Toy Soldiers and Schwarzenegger movies.

I don't think that we had a VCR until I was in high school. So I would say that we watched The Wizard of Oz every year when it was broadcast in the 70s and early 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter