What movies are you waiting to see on the flight

australiankaren

I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV
I dont know about you, but DH & I try to save seeing good movies until we are on the flight..

so which ones are you waiting for...????

Not sure what movies there might even be! Off to have a look.

I've seen magic mike, 2hrs I'll never get back. The first 20min was ok but it went down hill fast after that.

Not sure what movies there might even be! Off to have a look.

I've seen magic mike, 2hrs I'll never get back. The first 20min was ok but it went down hill fast after that.
i'm just waiting for the eye candy :rotfl2:

My eldest is desperate to see The Hunger Games, I was mean and wouldn't take her to see it at the movies - it's on Virgin in August - what are the chances it will still be on in September? if it is, that is one less kid I have to worry about entertaining on the flight.

I was thinking of seeing Magic Mike on Saturday night with some friends, so Excited Sam you'd advise against it??

I missed 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and haven't seen "Brave". It would be great if they were showing on the plane.

DS saw "The Dark Night Rises" but would love to see it again.

DH spends more time listening to music than watching movies - he has fun building a massive playlist.

Andona

I watched hunger games on qantas last month. It was really good.

Then I watched friends with kids on the way back. Has its moments, but a bit disappointing...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards

Aust - I was all ready for a B grade movie with lots of eye Candy and it started or promising, but then speared into this whole other storyline which left all of us (about 10) thinking What The!?

How many moveis do they have to choose from on those personal entertainment systems? I'm used to the 1 maybe two on the big screen!

I hope they have Magic Mike :coffee:

We had a girls day yesterday and saw Magic Mike.

:scared1::scared1::scared1: Channing Tatum :blush: OMG! I read somewhere once that he use to be a stripper.... in real life too, so not much acting for him :rotfl:!

But sadly the movie itself it a bit slow and if it wasn't for Channing (and the guy who plays Adam) it would have been a eeehhhh whatever. Even Matthew McConaughey was not that flash, nice body (nothing like Channing's though :blush:) but he is not ageing well.

It is a great movie, for a bit of eye candy only, not for a gripping storyline :lmao:

We have been Loading iPads iPods and iPhones like crazy in order to keep the peeps quiet in flight. Not relying on United for in flight entertainment ....

ExcitedSam-choice of movies-lots depending on who you fly with, but on any airline at least 4 or more recent (last 3-6 months) and then back catalogue of older (past 2 years or so) or really old favourites-choice of at least 10-often up to 20 including mix drama, kids, comedy, action. The best part of the trip-my DD and I always excitedly open up our entertainment guide and plan the trip-and panic as it won't be long enough to fit in all we want to watch! On a typical US western seaboard flight we fit 2 movies in each way plus some TV shows. If you aren't aware there are always TV shows as well but that is very airline dependent as to how good a choice you get-always some of the most popular comedies/sitcoms-often Friends, Two and a Half Men, How I met your Mother, Glee etc. Often includes marathons too so get 3 or 6 episodes in a row and then there's always some reality TV and docos like cooking shows, travel features (saw a great one on Harden in China ice sculpture festival once), random odd things.

On our April Japan trip (no diff to going to US entertainment wise) I watched New Year Eve and Sherlock Holmes 2 on the way over and The Kings Speech and Hugo on the way back.

But I admit I haven't flown United-are they really bad for entertainment? Virgin, Jetstar and all the major airlines are good.

My TA recommended not flying with United as I said I wanted great entertainment for the littlies. Never know though they may be better than ours, we are flying Hawaiian and I have no idea how good they are.

I think most united flights only have the 1 screen at the front, as apposed to individual entertainment thingies. So you have to watch what everyone else is watching, and be prepared for people to get in the way...

Aussie Wendy- we are going Virgin. Thanks for the info, it's super exciting I don't think I'll sleep too much on the flight.

There are a lot of movies I haven't seen, we don't get to go very often, so there should be plenty for me to choose from.

My TA recommended not flying with United as I said I wanted great entertainment for the littlies. Never know though they may be better than ours, we are flying Hawaiian and I have no idea how good they are.

Hawaiian did only have a "main screen" in economy (and if wanted more had to rent a personal digi screen) but I see they are now advertising since April with the new A330 on Syd to Honolulu route its the proper on-demand entertainment system so that will be like Virgin, Qantas etc. So you should be right so long as you don't get subbed with an old plane for some reason (randomly happens such as on Qantas from time to time I have read on Frequent Flyers site -so never a guarantee!) Not sure about Hawaii to US legs if you doing that though.

Hawaiian did only have a "main screen" in economy (and if wanted more had to rent a personal digi screen) but I see they are now advertising since April with the new A330 on Syd to Honolulu route its the proper on-demand entertainment system so that will be like Virgin, Qantas etc. So you should be right so long as you don't get subbed with an old plane for some reason (randomly happens such as on Qantas from time to time I have read on Frequent Flyers site -so never a guarantee!) Not sure about Hawaii to US legs if you doing that though.

Thanks, We just checked it out and we have the A330's for all long legs of the trip :) I noticed though that it says we have to pay for on demand stuff, is this the norm? :confused3

Oh ok, thanks fingers crossed. Now I just have to figure out how to entertain the kids on all of the Delta domestic flights :rolleyes1

Discussions at flight centre with TA had them pushing anything but United bc of the entertainment factor. I just think that the additional $1800 it would have cost me is better spent. As long as aircraft gets off the ground and comes back in one piece I'm happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter