What not to forget with 3 kids?

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
This will be our first trip with all 3 of our kids, they will be an almost 3 year old and twin 21 month olds. I am just trying to make a list of things not to forget to take before I forget them. Any suggestions or tips? We will be driving down from PA so any ideas to keep kids occupied would be great too!!!

Tanks so much!

Most inportant is to remeber you can't do it all. Keep to their pace, and take lots of rests.

Travel during their nap times if possible. Car rides have been easy for us so far, but books on tape and kiddie sing alongs are always good. I like coloring books and small toys for the car. Wrap up little things and when they start getting fussy hand then a "present" to unwrap. Even if the present is a small box of raisins, it makes it more fun for them. I do not recommend crayons in the car. The florida heat can melt them and one lost crayon on a seat can cause a big mess.

I like the lists on clubmom.com and wdwig.com. The club mom one is more general but you can customize it for your trip. Hope this helps and starts the lists rolling for you

... and my personal favorite, a couple of flat cloth diapers (not the kind w/padding sewn in the middle). Those things are great for all kinds of uses, from insulating the little snack cooler to shading a napping baby.

Stain Stick!! It was a clothing lifesaver on our last trip with 3 kids!!

tv/vcr for the car ride--we drive from New York with 4 kids and the tv/vcr is a lifesaver, pop a movie in and they are entertained.
Magic pen coloring books--I had a hard time finding them, thanks to these boards I found them at Eckerd!
non-melting snacks such as dry cereal, cranola, fruit snacks,goldfish, cheese or peanut butter filled crackers

for the parks I carry a small pack of handy wipes
I also use a small cooler for the kids drinks, my youngest only drinks a certain type of juicy juice and has to have yoo-hoo :)
I also bring childrens benedryl, and childrens tylenol. Hopefully I won't need it but at least I have it if I do.

Children's Gravol/Dramamine for motion sickness. Handiwipes for cleaning up sticky faces and messes.

I also brought small bottles of bubbles(you can get a pack at most dollar stores which are meant for weddings)They are great to keep things happy in line.Your 2 year old may be old enough for a fanny pack.I gave my kids snacks ,a small flashlight(in case they were scared on a dark ride,or just wanted to play with it)and pennies for the penny presses(I kept the quarters)This way they can also have their own park map with them and this made my son feel very important when I would ask to see it.
Most of all plan on spending most of your time at the magic kingdom,Fantasy land can't be beat.You may also want to give the kids a disposable camera you would be surprised by what they take the time to notice(and how they see the world)

or Purell. Used a lot of it especially after each and every ride. Didn't get sick either! have fun

ALL THOSE THINGS ARE GREAT BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM ISTYLENOL....... :p

special paper. that is so handy. and no mess. My kid loved them when we traveled to michigan. They are expencive, but better then having marker marks all over, and another thing is I wish I can remember the name, but it looks like a clip board, but made from cardboard. the kids can write on it, with a special plastic pen that is included, You write on a peice of gray wax paper. and to erase it you lift up the gray piece, and it exposes and black waxy substance. They can uses it over and over again. and they are cheap, no mess.

and books that are made it to cassettes,

Looking at the last post it would be a good idea to bring an extra hat for each child.The first trip my son lost his,and $16.00 for a replacement is a bit much.Plus if it is hot they may need a hat to wear in the pool.I know my kids get sick from too much sun.Also have you seen pixter,once they know how to use it it is great and small.No paper and pencil crayons(crayons melt in the heat)all over the car.

Don't forget plastic baggies (wet swimsuits, snacks, etc.) and pipe cleaners are a nice item to keep the kids busy during travel and in lines (if the youngest kids don't still put things in their mouths). My kids spent hours making things. August is hot, you'll definately need a mister fan. Buy them before you leave. Disney's are very expensive for the same thing. Have fun!

(1) Tylenol - Regular & Cold
(2) Diaper Rash Ointment
(3) Sunscreen that you know will not cause any kind of reaction, (this can be awful!!)
(4) Hats - with a clip & string that attaches to the back of their shirt so you aren't chasing it all the time
(5) Their favorite "Lovey"-we have a blanket & and Elmo - they find it comforting when things around them, especially at night are not the norm.
(6) Stick to your regular bedtime routine - tub, story, bed - etc.
(7) Easily coordinated clothing - I love the cute outfits, but it can be a pain if the shorts are trashed and the shirt is fine, or vice versa.
(8) Comfy shoes!

Hope this helps!

iluvtig

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter