What Park Do We Do First

myles

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,
My husband suprised me with a trip to Disney. I am thrilled.
We will be at the parks from Oct. 16--21st. We will only have 5 days instead of our usual 10. ( Usually, we go every 2-3 years ) We will be going without children for the first time. I am kind of sad about that. I don't know if it will be the same. What I want to know is: In what order should we do the parks. I don't want to be going to the Mk. when it is crowded and not going to MGM when it is empty. If you know what I mean. Does anyone have a plan of action for those days? Also, how crowded is it then? I forgot it was Halloween......are the crowds bad?? Is the Halloween Party worth going to? My husband was not to crazy about the Christmas Party. It was wall to wall. I don't want to have him go and then hate it. He will not be pleased. If you have any other info. for a short trip PLEASE let me know. I am so happy that I found this forum. It is so nice to talk to other people who love Disney as much as I do. Also, we will be driving down from Maine and have to go through Marryland. Wish us luck!!:eek: Myles

Not sure how helpful I can be but we always play it by ear. We usually have annual passes and if you get park hoppers its almost the same because you can hop from park to park. We go to one and if it's too crowded we just hop to another. We have always loved the fall at WDW and enjoy the food and wine festival. I'm not sure if the crowds don't bother us as much any more or if we simply appreciate the atmosphere more, but the last few trips have seemed less crowded.

We live in Maine too and last drive we went by way of 84 to 81 to 77 to 26 to 95. It goes thru the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was beautiful, great major highways, good places to get off for rest breaks, NO major cities and it's only about an hour or so longer than 95 all the way down. Just like driving 95 in Maine the whole way. So much less stress. Well worth it.

Happy planning!:D

Thanks for the info. I think we- will- go by way of the Blue Ridge Mountains. That sounds like the views will be great. Much nicer than going down 95 and just seeing highway.

What part of Maine do you live in? I love living in Maine. It is so beautiful.

Thank you again

Hi myles and welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad you joined us.

You might want to plan your days in the parks based on the new early entry schedule. I usually visit a park on a non early entry day to avoid the crowds which are a little larger then.

The schedule is:
Sunday -----Magic Kingdom
Monday -----Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday----- Disney's MGM Studios
Wednesday --Epcot
Thursday -----Magic Kingdom
Friday ---------Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday------- Disney's MGM Studios

Actually, early entry is now called a "Magic Hour" because the parks open one hour early for Disney resort guests. It's great if you like to get started early then "hop" to another park when the crowds begin to swell.

Katholyn

Hello Katholyn,
Thank you for the welcome. This is a very good forum for Disney information. Actually, it is the only forum I belong to. I love all the info that is here. Also, thank you for the schedule. I will plan our days around it. I wish I had more time to spend there. I am trying to get my husband to get more vacation time off. Unfortunately, It doesn't look good.
Now for some tecnical help....How do you put the icons on the posts? I did it with the first one but now it won't work and I can't remember how I did it. Also, Is there a spell check????? :-(

Myles

We don't have spell check :( By icons do you mean the little smilies? They should be in a little box just to the left of the posting box when you post a thread or a reply, just left click on one of them and you will have the smilie there. There are also more fun smilies at our Smilie Station which you will find <b>HERE</b>

There are lots of fun smilies there. Just right click on the picture of the smilie you want to use and choose copy then paste it in your post
jumpinggreens.gif

Hi Myles
We are from the Bangor area. Yes Maine is a great place but oh how I hate the cold.

Hello We lived in Waldo, Maine and I went to Bangor all the time. Our son went to Saint John's School for one year. We could only do it for one year because the drive was too much. One hour each way. Twice a day. It made for a very long day. I miss that area so much. Southern Maine is not the same as Northern Maine. It is like living in two different states. As for the cold, I LOVE it. The people in Northern Maine are also a lot more friendly. Everyone helps each other out. I have been here for a year already and I don't know a single person on my street. Everyone says hello but, that is about it.
Well, I am getting depressed about living here so I will talk Disney again. We will be leaving on Sunday and I can't wait. :Pinkbounc We made dinner reservations at Ohana's for 8pm with a window seat. We made it through this site so I am hoping that we will really get a window seat. I called Disney to make sure that they had fireworks that night and they do at 9pm. We never ate at this restaurant before. It sounds like a fun place. Have you eaten there? Or, have you made reservations through this site before? We are also going to eat at Norway. We love that restaurant. It is great. We usually plan our trips around where we are going to eat. That tells you a lot about us. Really thin people plan there trips around what rides and which park. That is not us. I still wish I had more time to spend there. It really is a "Magical Place" :cool: :cool: :cool: I just put in some smiles to see if I can do it. So we will see what happens

You are going to love O'hana. The atmosphere is fun, the waitstaff is friendly and helpful and the food is <b>great</b>! I especially love the grilled shrimp.

I usually just call Disney dining direct to make my priority seating. Did you have a ps#? I hope you get a window table. When you arrive for your priority seating, why don't you tell the CM that you are happy to wait until a window table becomes available? I'll bet you will get one for sure then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter